IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

Peddlers is the same length. Lots of people are creating duplicate segments  (RIP - Ronan's Infinite Playground, PP 5.0? - Full East Entrance, etc). The Strava times on Peddlers are about 2 minutes faster than it actual takes, this is because Strava seems to drop the 1st or last 2 minutes of everyone's lap (no idea why). For example my Strava P.R. is 15:24, but the actual time for that run was 17:14. Look at the picture for where Strava Started and Stopped the segment

image.png.778eae78857f8c9e85913d76b2e5a932.png

Yeah, it's all just too close together. Like you said, most every run misses the first few turns. But the endpoint is even more variable. All the competitive top times start like that, but end closer to the end. My runs are hit and miss whether the endpoint is close or not. Unfortunately I decided to flag my likely PR last week because it looked just like this one. Had it stuck me in the top 10 somewhere I wouldn't mind. But I'll be damned if I'm going to take a KOM on such a competitive segment by such an obvious glitch. 

Which reminds me, I really wish you could flag segments instead of the whole ride. I had some other legit top tens on this ride. I could crop the ride and pull PP out of it altogether...but that sucks too. 

Edited by Barry
to word better
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, circuitbreaker said:

the same problem exists for shuttle runs:

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/213526947-Remove-segments-for-shuttling-uplifts

ignoring segments would be a relatively easy option for strava to add, but they don't seem interested.

I have this issue regularly with Ankle Biter. I get PRs all the time when riding on the BCRT which parallels the trail, but on opposite sides of the creek! I ended-up making two new routes on the trail where their were none, I think that it worked. 

That is very interesting indeed.  Nice alternate route to Parmer if you want to ride north to Lake Georgetown.  🙂

I wish they'd work on the missing segment of Brushy Creek Regional Trail from where it begins on Hairy Man Road over to I-35, as it's a bit of a pain to get there from east of I-35. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, radiantm3 said:

If that map is accurate, the last part near the Peddler's Shop looks like it would go right through parts of SN.  Hopefully the contractor will work with AJ to try and not destroy too much of the trail like when the new concrete was poured near Peddler's Pass.  

13 minutes ago, Skyyhorn said:

If that map is accurate, the last part near the Peddler's Shop looks like it would go right through parts of SN.  Hopefully the contractor will work with AJ to try and not destroy too much of the trail like when the new concrete was poured near Peddler's Pass.  

The whole trail will cross or be right on top of SN. The only part that isn't is the section between SN and Brushy where the new trail will stay along the creek. 

AJ will adjust the trail as needed. The Parks director is ok with the mtb trails staying or adjusting around the concrete trail.

I see this trail as a huge benefit to the Brushy Creek Single Track, we'll no longer have to ride through a neighborhood to get from SN to the rest of Brushy, how cool is that.

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 6

Rode this morning. Minimal dirt pickup from Deception, Picnic and Snow White. Mulligan (g-outs), Gnargasm and Peddlers need more time to dry. With that being said, damp ground/leaves suck and I was hurting for traction on some of the rocky sections. I personally wouldn’t go out of my way to ride at Brushy today. RPR would be a better option. 

9 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Rode this morning. Minimal dirt pickup from Deception, Picnic and Snow White. Mulligan (g-outs), Gnargasm and Peddlers need more time to dry. With that being said, damp ground/leaves suck and I was hurting for traction on some of the rocky sections. I personally wouldn’t go out of my way to ride at Brushy today. RPR would be a better option. 

Where is RPR?

16 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

This weekend, AJ from the Peddler posted a picture of a bridge under construction for the BCRT. Where is this? My understanding was that it was the "Phase V" section on this map:

https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Brushy-Creek-Trail1.pdf

Ped.jpg

Sounds right.  This is the Section from Georgetown St. to AW Grimes.  Should be open soon.

22 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

This weekend, AJ from the Peddler posted a picture of a bridge under construction for the BCRT. Where is this? My understanding was that it was the "Phase V" section on this map:

https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Brushy-Creek-Trail1.pdf

Ped.jpg

I think that is Phase 2, behind the Bushs Chicken on 620. Phase 4 is almost complete, later this year it opens hopefully.