IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

5 hours ago, Morealice said:

Trails still slimy and soupy? Or are we clear for liftoff? 

checked Twitter to no avail

thanks in advance for any info mah sheon

Yea sorry guys, worked a 13 hour day yesterday so by the time I got home I was spent. 

If anyone gets out there today let us know how things look so I can update the feed. 

3 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Yea sorry guys, worked a 13 hour day yesterday so by the time I got home I was spent. 

If anyone gets out there today let us know how things look so I can update the feed. 

Whom do I think I’m kidding? Failed to check forecast. Too cold for this wuss anyway. 

On 1/4 Notch now. Typical East entrance slickness but rest of trail is bueno. 

I’ll update this post as I check things out.

*Update*
1/4 Notch - Slick at East entrance, but rest of trail is good to go! 

Deception - G2G. Watch for slick spots when riding in the morning. 

Picnic - Couple low spots have water, but rest of trail is g2g. Watch for those slick leaves!!! 

Mulligan - Wet g-outs. Blah. 

Candyland - g2g, but Gumdrop gets sloppy near the creek. 

Didnt check Rim and Snail but I know from the above they’ll be rideable. 

Enjoy! 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Wifey, Valentino and I went for a walk on 1/4 notch yesterday around noon. Trails were sticky in parts, but seemed like excellent riding conditions. Surprisingly we only saw a few bikes out there.

If I could have, I would have....but I can't, so I didn't

I rode 1/4 notch (E-W) and Rim Loop yesterday afternoon, there are a couple spots at the start of 1/4 that were like putty, and one with a little water. The rest of these two trails were good. Tacky dirt, and dry rocks. I expect DD to be the same.

But I spent most of the time on cement for some distance, and didn't check other trails.

9 hours ago, Browndog said:

Deception was so awesome last night. Didn’t see anyone but a couple of rabbits and deer. I think maybe I like the trail more in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to ride almost exclusively at night. It’s definitely a different beast, as I’m sure most trails are. I never sleep well after night rides for whatever reason. Too juiced I guess. 

First ride today 3 weeks post vasectomy😳and according to the physician, “the toughest he’s done in 2-3 months...” but yeah no pain! So relieved. 

Trail is great right now. I almost went flying into the first G-out coming up Rim Job when I just had a feeling it might suck. So glad I did because the rocks were slick as hell. When I went down basket as I was rolling away one of those large green softball sized things tried to tweak my front tire out from under me. Hazards everywhere!

So glad to be riding again!

• Like 2

I used to ride almost exclusively at night. It’s definitely a different beast, as I’m sure most trails are. I never sleep well after night rides for whatever reason. Too juiced I guess. 
First ride today 3 weeks post vasectomy[emoji15]and according to the physician, “the toughest he’s done in 2-3 months...” but yeah no pain! So relieved. 

Trail is great right now. I almost went flying into the first G-out coming up Rim Job when I just had a feeling it might suck. So glad I did because the rocks were slick as hell. When I went down basket as I was rolling away one of those large green softball sized things tried to tweak my front tire out from under me. Hazards everywhere!
So glad to be riding again!

Sounds like you had a good post vasectomy green scrotum ball dodging ride. Those scrotum looking green balls are everywhere out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Morealice said:

First ride today 3 weeks post vasectomy😳and according to the physician, “the toughest he’s done in 2-3 months...” but yeah no pain! So relieved. 

Were you wearing your "I got chopped T-shirt"? If so we know you went to Dr Dick Chopp at Urology Austin. 

8 hours ago, throet said:

Were you wearing your "I got chopped T-shirt"? If so we know you went to Dr Dick Chopp at Urology Austin. 

Haha nah I went to a guy close to where I live. I should have taken the Valium as he lightly suggested. I also did not follow post op instructions very well and paid for it in the form of a right ball of absolute fire. I’m just glad my impatience seemingly didn’t cause some sort of irreparable harm. 

He grabbed ahold of some nerve while he was fishing around for one of the tubes and I felt it radiate up my flank and into my arm. At that very moment my whole body tensed and I started to sweat profusely. I’m sure that didn’t help things. 

Maybe I should have gone to Chopp. I feel like this guy knew what he was doing though. He spoke to me calmly about quasi random things as he was working.... you know, like he’d been in many sacks before. 

I’m amazed how many signs are still up on peddlers pass from the time trial. Makes me think, “how could anyone possibly go the wrong way?” Yet, today I encountered a couple of guys going the wrong way on the west side of parmer. I didn’t say anything to them since they looked like newbies. Guess I should’ve. The son (I assume) was bailing out, walking across the final berm coming out of the west side. I slammed on my brakes, skidding to a stop. He never looked my way. 
What is the tactful way to tell someone they’re going the wrong way? I assume they got on the trail somewhere toward the middle (there isn’t much signage on the west side). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Good bye SRÀM suckass GUIDEs

Hello braking goodness

14eba4e71e6fabfec05f8667b1f6d27b.jpgd59109f05571690879b7419ee106f050.jpg55c82dac1138e2a5e22b3d850c963e52.jpg69e9b16e2e1d8c7290b367c5d905809e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Four pistons very nice! BTW take the stupid warning tags off the rotors makes you look like dork 😂 no one can save us from ourselves.

Edited by Chief
  • Like 1