IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

4 minutes ago, rbetzing said:

Went for a “quick” ride on suburban ninja on my lunch break. Ended up getting lost AF and wandering around for an hour and a half. Almost missed a conference call. My Strava map cracked me up 

Yeah, it's very easy to get "lost" out there.  I really wish they'd take some time to put some signage out there at all the intersections, as well as name the trails.  That would be a big help.

..Al

15 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yeah, it's very easy to get "lost" out there.  I really wish they'd take some time to put some signage out there at all the intersections, as well as name the trails.  That would be a big help.

..Al

I mean I’m just super grateful that people built a badass network of trails out there for me to ride so I’m not going to complain 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rbetzing said:

I mean I’m just super grateful that people built a badass network of trails out there for me to ride so I’m not going to complain 

Same, I enjoy the trails, but even after having ridden them many times I still sometimes get turned around a bit.  I'd be glad to help with signage.

..Al

1 hour ago, Albert said:

..Al

I dunno, I enjoying having some where so close to home where I can get "lost" and explore my way out. SN has been a gift that keeps giving every time I ride it. 

Yeah I agree - I was annoyed that I was lost just cause I had a work thing to get back to, but it’s kinda cool and different that the rest of the trails around brushy creek. I’m already planning on going out there on Saturday and just riding around for 3 hours and getting lost on purpose 

• Like 3

I love getting lost AF on new trails.

local trails around here like SN that become a maze of trails just takes some patience. 

Stop often and leave marks on trail crossings, and direction ridden. When you do, look back the direction you came from so the trail looks familiar both ways and keep mental notes of features. Trash, fence lines, creeks, piles of power lines, etc.. I honestly get  lost the worst when I try to use my phone or GPS

And then still get lost AF.  🙂

damn we're lucky to have all these trails, that just keep growing!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, jcarneytx said:

Rode Peddler's last night. Whole tree down on west side, a couple turns back from upper bridge. Easy to get around as it's only covering about 6 feet of trail. 

Capture.PNG

I'm sure HoneyBadger will see this, but I'll bring it up tomorrow morning for the work day as a reminder.  

21 hours ago, Albert said:

..Al

Sounds like we got a volunteer to buy some signs🤪

I don't get to ride Brushy as often as I'd like to, but I've always found it pretty easy to figure out where you are if you're familiar with landmarks. Whenever I know I'm going to ride trails I'm not familiar with I try to take a look at a map and make a mental note landmarks as references. The place that gets a little confusing for me are some areas of the West side of Deception. 

For some reason Pace Bend is a bit harder for me to get my bearings on. But then I get there even less often than Brushy. 

25 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Sounds like we got a volunteer to buy some signs🤪

I'm happy to contribute financially to signs.  I'm a big advocate for trail signage, and very much appreciate when there's good signage on trails I've never ridden before (such as when riding out of state). 

..Al

image.png.6df28336b4977d80c89bfcff5fa4c32d.pngimage.thumb.png.8f98679db1b5a8d9ce03709658e2ed85.png

Actually, looking at this map and my Strava map from yesterday, it doesn't look like the trails will be affected by that Alamo.  I rode all the way up to the church and didn't come close to the corner of Parmer and Ranch trails, which is where they show the Alamo will be built...

36 minutes ago, rbetzing said:

image.png.6df28336b4977d80c89bfcff5fa4c32d.pngimage.thumb.png.8f98679db1b5a8d9ce03709658e2ed85.png

Actually, looking at this map and my Strava map from yesterday, it doesn't look like the trails will be affected by that Alamo.  I rode all the way up to the church and didn't come close to the corner of Parmer and Ranch trails, which is where they show the Alamo will be built...

Some trails might.

Capture.PNG