IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

It's not so much the Alamo Drafthouse that is going to affect SN. It's the Cedar Park Parks Dept plan to put in a paved trail (think BCRT type) that will come all the way up from BCRT to close to the corner of Parmer and 1431.

There was a map of the plan that was recently published that illustrates the project. I'll try to find it

On 12/13/2019 at 12:19 PM, Cafeend said:

Why buy signs to note trails that are going to be built on?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Why dig the trails in the first place? Believe me, that's much more investment than buying a sign. Anyone who's dug trail (especially dirt jumps) knows this is a risk - even when you have permission (and a contract) from the landowner. Build it and enjoy it while you can. If we had more builders, stuff would go in faster, enjoyed longer, and maybe if enough people got hooked on it, lobby to keep it legit. Brushy fell into that exact category:

http://www.freeride512.com/diggers-with-attitude/

• Like 1

Favor to ask.

While building with the mini-x I hit the motherload of rock (see picture), it's a few turns after the Cedar Bridge (east of Parmer). To be efficient with the mini-x (we have it for one week) I didn't do the hand finishing work and moved on to the next project after clearing a rideable path at the bottom of the berm.

If you ride Peddlers Pass (or Brushy Creek) this week it would be amazing if you could stop and pick out a few rocks then throw them behind the berm. It will be a huge help...and you will make a Trail Builders Christmas dream come true.

rocks.jpg

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Favor to ask.

While building with the mini-x I hit the motherload of rock (see picture), it's a few turns after the Cedar Bridge (east of Parmer). To be efficient with the mini-x (we have it for one week) I didn't do the hand finishing work and moved on to the next project after clearing a rideable path at the bottom of the berm.

If you ride Peddlers Pass (or Brushy Creek) this week it would be amazing if you could stop and pick out a few rocks then throw them behind the berm. It will be a huge help...and you will make a Trail Builders Christmas dream come true.

rocks.jpg

Sounds like a great way to warm up mid-ride on a cold day like today. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barry said:

You sure those are rocks? it reminds me of this creepy graveyard photo from RPR... 

504302298_petsematery.thumb.jpg.73eee6649b7ce389f1ae16dcb81f137b.jpg

But yeah, if I get out there soon enough, I'll throw some bones over the hill. 

Did you have the pleasure of riding there when that pile was an open pit of decaying hogs? That was fun. 

We're done with the mini-x (for now). We built 12 new berms, a big roller, and lessened the slope of the trail after the bridge that crosses the drainage ditch and takes you under Parmer Lane. We foucsed our efforts on the corners that were slowing everyone down. The biggest change is that long dusty right hand turn in the cedars before the roller section, you can now pedal as fast as you want through that section. I'm guessing everyone's times are going to drop by 30 seconds, it will be interesting to watch. Report back how much your times have dropped...fyi some of the berms will still need tweaking and to be ridden in.

• Like 8

anyone ride any Brushy stuff today?
I did. It was real nice. Picnic was fine. 1/4 was tits. DD was nice. Ditch was wet of course but RJ was sweet as usual. I did the west side of PP but bailed after the new berms as it was not muddy but I accumulated too much. I'm sure tomorrow and Tuesday will be great as well

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1