IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

5 hours ago, horncpa said:

If I paid $60ish to have "Please do not ride WET TRAILS" for about 50 signs, would it be ok to put them out over the BCRT trail system and Suburban Ninja?

I  honestly think some people just have no idea it ruins the trail.   They think it is fun to slosh around in the mud.

i'll pitch in financially for sure on this. was just thinking this.

1 hour ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Picnic, quarter notch and snail are good to go. Be careful though, some of the rocks on quarter are super slick. I’m sure double down is fine if your slick rock riding skills are up to par. I was too nervous to try. 

I ended up just riding over to the YMCA from the house and doing several laps on Snail. Rocks were slick there too but it was a great hour or so of fun. Kept hitting that high arch on the left that loops up around the tree heading towards the BCRT, and on the last lap I came in too hot and couldn't get pointed down quick enough. Ended up skidding down but walked away with nothing more than minor abrasions and a deep thigh bruise.  

• Like 2

Picnic, quarter notch and snail are good to go. Be careful though, some of the rocks on quarter are super slick. I’m sure double down is fine if your slick rock riding skills are up to par. I was too nervous to try. 

Just got back from riding Picnic and 1/4 Notch. Picnic was good. Just one small puddle that’s there often. 1/4 is getting slick again from all this moisture in the air. Saw a dude go OTB on a small ledge while his helmet-less friend looked on. They had one small commuter light each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, throet said:

I ended up just riding over to the YMCA from the house and doing several laps on Snail. Rocks were slick there too but it was a great hour or so of fun. Kept hitting that high arch on the left that loops up around the tree heading towards the BCRT, and on the last lap I came in too hot and couldn't get pointed down quick enough. Ended up skidding down but walked away with nothing more than minor abrasions and a deep thigh bruise.  

Props to you for being on the bike again, man. 

I’m really... like really hoping the rocks dry by like 11am...or that picnic is doable and I’ll just warm lap it like 10 times or something... maybe that line along the tree line in that flat field if not cakey. I don’t mind slick rocks sometimes, but definitely not West Deception. Just asking for new teeth or shoulders and helmets. 

Ugh, these dicks with no helmet. I’m not polite to them. I’ve explained to a few that if they end up vegetablizing themselves it could all end... or at least change everything, including but not limited to, them. 

I really wanna ride. Glad to hear the dirt is at least ok on SOMETHING. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Barry said:

If shaming folks was a reasonable motivator, then @RidingAgain wouldn't be posting here. Instead it will likely create a group of antagonists, some of which will do things just to spite the shamers. 

To shame someone, the person that you're trying to shame needs to be ashamed.

In my case here on this website... All that was happening was that a few foolishly vain "...antagonists..." tried to bully me because they thought it would gain them cookie points with others here on the site. And maybe it worked in a limited way for them. But I know that bullies are just loud cowards, and I have no problem standing up to them, as I did on this website. I'm very secure in myself. And as I was able to expose... The "...antagonist..." weren't... Which is par for the course with bullies.

Trying to shame someone is for the most part just a juvenile effort at getting your way by bullying others. Sure it can work is certain cases... But in the long run it serves to divide community rather than build community.

Edited by RidingAgain

15 minutes ago, Morealice said:

’m out at peddlers. Hope it’s ok but i took chain down. Dirt not sticking at all...slick roots n rocks, but duh. 🚲 

If it's not sticking to your tire it ok to take the chain down.  Thats very surprising its ok to ride. 

Edited by HoneyBadger

I can't see RA's posts, but I was sent the text. 

Dude, when you showed up at mojo, then here, you were an asshole and got called out for it. No one is looking for brownie points, we just don't like jerks. You try to use my age against me, which is odd considering how many more activities I'm involved with, with people and orgs here, than you are. Calling people cowards, and judging them does not make you right.  Calling me an old man doesn't make you cool. Maybe learn to STFU at times, and just coexist? Funny how I'm the old man, but I raced the Banduro, I didn't see you there.

1 minute ago, AntonioGG said:

I wasn't on dirt at lunch, but on the road, the sun and wind are drying things really fast.

Ughhh, my wife's in the hospital, so I'm not going to see a bike for at least a couple more weeks. Ride 1/4 notch for me please!

58 minutes ago, TheX said:

Dude, when you showed up at mojo, then here, you were an asshole and got called out for it. No one is looking for brownie points, we just don't like jerks. You try to use my age against me, which is odd considering how many more activities I'm involved with, with people and orgs here, than you are. Calling people cowards, and judging them does not make you right.  Calling me an old man doesn't make you cool. Maybe learn to STFU at times, and just coexist? Funny how I'm the old man, but I raced the Banduro, I didn't see you there.

🙄

And now back to regular programming.

1 hour ago, TheX said:

Haha, I was wondering what the history was here.  Thanks for a little insight!

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

If it's not sticking to your tire it ok to take the chain down.  Thats very surprising its ok to ride. 

Yeah. I put chain back up. 

All but peddlers is good to ride. Go get it while you can! Slick rocks in places but drying quickly. Rim Job was only place it got real precarious. Skipped Gnargasm. 

Edited by Morealice
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Haught Diggity said:

Haha, I was wondering what the history was here.  Thanks for a little insight!

We all have differences, and we get over them. He just seems to hold on to the outrage. No big deal, I have him on ignore and normally have no idea what he's saying.

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

Yeah. I put chain back up. 

All but peddlers is good to ride. Go get it while you can! Slick rocks in places but drying quickly. Rim Job was only place it got real precarious. Skipped Gnargasm. 

Awesome thanks for the update! I used it to update the twitter feed. 9 more updates from you and you’ll have enough points for a free beer! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Haught Diggity said:

Who cares, sorry I brought it up.  I'm changing the channel.  Maybe there's something on the MTB channel here.

Thankfully we're all about riding. We're grownups, we disagree at times. Posting this on my phone from my wife's hospital room, she's finally able to sleep. That's what's really important. Hope to be back on the trails in a couple weeks.

Edit: Couldn't stand the white text on dark background. 

Edited by TheX
  • Like 2