IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Went and checked the trail on West Deception where the Hollows begins. That part of the trail looked rideable. No sticky mud. Gonna give it a shot tomorrow around 11 or 12 and hope for the best unless someone checked more thoroughly and knows it’s not worth the effort. 

edit: that wind is still whipping.... that’s gotta help right? Riiiiight? *quiver lip

Edited by Morealice
Wind

Get ready, i need to vent.

I was at Peddlers last night..it will not be ready this today, there was standing water in places. But still people were riding it. These people were not noob's and should have known better...and each one of them said exactly the same thing (that i hear everytime) "Oh, i was just thinking it was too muddy, i'll exit the trail when i can". 

1. That's B.S. on Peddlers you know within the 1st 100 feet if it's going to be too muddy.

2. Stop putting your need to ride above the longevity of the trail and the time trail builders are going to have to spend to fix the trail after your selfishness. We could be using those hours to build new stuff, so your just making the trail less fun for yourself.

3. When you get asked to stop riding the trail because it's too muddy, just get off your bike and walk it out, don't keep riding "to the next exit". It's like a little F you to the builder because your continuing to do the exact thing he's asking you to stop doing. It might seem like a small thing to you, but it's a huge thing to the person that has spent thousands of hours building what you're destroying. I personally have spent at least 3,000 -4,000 hours working on Peddlers Pass over the last 4 years (maybe more), so you can image what i think when someone keeps riding after I've asked them to stop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

I generally try to think the worst of people, so I think most of these riders already know better. Then again, they are probably the same people that once they are told by the waiter that "Careful, the plate is hot" the first thing they do is grab the plate. Ya can't fix stupid.

oh, and sorry that Ole B line showed up on FB and started spewing his verbose bullshit all over your post there too. That's probably the best place to get the point across.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

oh, and sorry that Ole B line showed up on FB and started spewing his verbose bullshit all over your post there too. That's probably the best place to get the point across.

Oh Yosmithy... You're sounding like the old man now.

Do better than that.

But then again... Sometimes maybe your stupid just gets the better of you.

Edited by RidingAgain

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

At least on FB, blocking someone removes all traces of the person.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, circuitbreaker said:

Just rode deception (Wednesday lunch). it was gtg, save a handful of puddles on quarter.

chain is up on peddlers, didn't try anything else, assumed they were probably a bit too wet.

Cool, thanks for the update. I've been putting fires out at work and will be until late today, so im going to use your feedback to update the twitter feed. 

1 minute ago, rbetzing said:

Just rolled up on the biggest coyote I've ever seen out on Suburban Ninja.  He was just sitting there staring in someones back yard, then saw me coming and took off.  Pretty sure he was about to eat someone's pet lol. 

Luckily you didn't get hit by the Anvil dropping from the tree!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Peddlers Pass is good to go. The chain was up last night in anticipation of rain today, but the forecast has changed. If the chains still up you can take it down. 

Hey HoneyBadger...

Thinking a bit more about the handout I mentioned, I contacted IMBA about the problem in general and what experience they, or their members, may have had in successfully dealing with it...

This was one thing they said has seemed to have some success...

IMG_5245 (640x480).jpg

• Like 1

The folks at AustinBike World Headquarters finally approved my TPS reports and some updates are starting to creep out. 

The Brushy Creek review has been updated with some more current information and the Suburban Ninja review is now posted (checked first to make sure it was cool to have online.) Does not cover the church area because that is not really for public consumption; none of the FR512 stuff is online.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot AB!  After checking out the new additions to your site I now know of ANOTHER awesome looking trail system in NW Arkansas.  I had never heard of the Passion Play trails before but after seeing your review and doing some research, we are now considering splitting a day of our upcoming trip between there and Lake Leatherwood.

3 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Take a look at this video of Peddlers Pass just one year ago, it's hardly recognisable. 

I can see the general line, but you're right, it looks so much different now.  Just think if this continued to the east side and how much has changed over there.

4 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Can we claim this as ARR volunteering?  We get volunteer hours at work.

Now that's a hell of an idea.  We have that type of program at my work too.  Only problem is that I'm commission based, so getting paid a very minimal hourly wage doesn't justify it.  I like that way of thinking though, well played.