IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

9 hours ago, Bamwa said:

This is the worst though. He makes Mr The Cat Lady looks like Moses on high. When will the mods weed this guy out? I'm ready to run piano wire all over SATN right now but I'm pretty sure the only two things he ever rides are a keyboard and donkey dicks. Fn training bra bike bastard. Whenever I'm about to run someone off the road for driving like a jerk, or ready to punch a baby in the face on a plane for screaming I stop and think how much worse Riding Again is and calm the fuck down. And the worst thing is watch him come on here and give a line by line rebuttal to my posts like he likes to, like a living insult to all the fn Barneys in the world. Truly puts the C.U.N.T. in community. SMGDMFH.

Like I've said before, he is the only person on the entire internet that I have on ignore. Whenever someone quotes him, and I see his posts it's the same attempted insult over and over and over again.

33 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

And the only way to try and curtail it — somewhat curtail it — is to get out in front of it with officially created alternate lines. That's something I pointed out way back on Mojo.

The short answer to this, is NO! If I come across a feature I can't ride, I walk it. Giving in to the entitled po0sies just makes them...more like you. They suddenly think they're right.

The alternate line, should be a different trail. The penalty for not being good enough is walking parts of it. If you can't walk it, then you are in THE WRONG PLACE. Find a trail that matches your abilities. 

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you're in over your head. There is something wrong with trying to make other people conform to YOUR standards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheX said:

The alternate line, should be a different trail. The penalty for not being good enough is walking parts of it. If you can't walk it, then you are in THE WRONG PLACE. Find a trail that matches your abilities. 

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you're in over your head. There is something wrong with trying to make other people conform to YOUR standards.

Let’s see if I can simplify this for you as related to the context of the discussion...

It’s not that trail builders need to build alternate lines just to facilitate different rider’s skill levels... It’s that if there are not alternate lines for different skill levels, then you run the risk of trail users cutting alternate lines themselves... Now get this... And doing so apart from the management of the official trail builders/managers.

Having an alternate line is not the problem, as is proven when official trail builders actually include alternate lines in their trail building... And don’t take my word for it... Take a close look at the Bentonville trails, or even Whistler trails... Lots of alternate lines designed in the trails.

What is the problem is unofficially cut alternate lines... And finding a solution to stopping or at least minimizing the activity of unofficial alternate line cutting. 

Hope that helps.

3 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

It’s not that trail builders need to build alternate lines just to facilitate different rider’s skill levels... It’s that if there are not alternate lines for different skill levels, then you run the risk of trail users cutting alternate lines themselves... Now get this... And doing so apart from the management of the official trail builders/managers.

Having an alternate line is not the problem, as is proven when official trail builders actually include alternate lines in their trail building... And don’t take my word for it... Take a close look at the Bentonville trails, or even Whistler trails... Lots of alternate lines designed in the trails.

Okay, gotta call BS here. While I can't speak for Whistler or Bentonville, I've been to plenty of other bike parks and, if there is an alt line at all, it's not for those that are in over their head; they still maintain the character of the trail... in other words, if it's a black diamond, then both lines are black, just maybe of a different flavor (if not one up-graded). If you drop in on Jam Rock or Even Flow at Keystone, you are committed. Trestle and Evolution have some alternate lines, but they aren't bypasses; black trails have black lines. Now, sometimes blue trails have a black feature/line or 2 and black trails might have double black alternates, and for those, there will be a blue (or black) alternate. Even popular public trails, like National, Geronimo and Holbert (!) in Phoenix don't have easy bypasses for anything; the only alternates to the black lines are double black, and alternates to double black are almost certain death, lol. If you drop down East National, you will either ride or walk the Waterfall, no bypasses. Same for Chili Dog and Jagged Axe in Glorietta. Yet, somehow these trails are all respected; no easy alternates or bypasses appear. If you don't care to ride blue features, then walk the blue features, or ride a green trail.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Okay, gotta call BS here. While I can't speak for Whistler or Bentonville, I've been to plenty of other bike parks and, if there is an alt line at all, it's not for those that are in over their head; they still maintain the character of the trail... in other words, if it's a black diamond, then both lines are black, just maybe of a different flavor (if not one up-graded). If you drop in on Jam Rock or Even Flow at Keystone, you are committed. Trestle and Evolution have some alternate lines, but they aren't bypasses; black trails have black lines. Now, sometimes blue trails have a black feature/line or 2 and black trails might have double black alternates, and for those, there will be a blue (or black) alternate. Even popular public trails, like National, Geronimo and Holbert (!) in Phoenix don't have easy bypasses for anything; the only alternates to the black lines are double black, and alternates to double black are almost certain death, lol. If you drop down East National, you will either ride or walk the Waterfall, no bypasses. Same for Chili Dog and Jagged Axe in Glorietta. Yet, somehow these trails are all respected; no easy alternates or bypasses appear. If you don't care to ride blue features, then walk the blue features, or ride a green trail.

See... I think people just choose not to read and understand.

This is what I said... "...as is proven when official trail builders actually include alternate lines in their trail building... And don’t take my word for it... Take a close look at the Bentonville trails, or even Whistler trails... Lots of alternate lines designed in the trails."

I didn't say that every trail has alternate lines that cater to riders who are below the designated level of the trail... And you even support this with your own speaking.

Additionally... Bike Parks are specific types of trail systems designed to cater to specific types of riding levels... And they tend to be... Privately owned.

And using black or double black specific trails in public parks is taking it to the extreme... I doubt anyone is building their own alternate lines around any black or double black feature here in Austin. 

The problem is people building alternate lines around sections that might be gnarly... Or to make a shortcut to cut out a section they don't want to ride.

You're trying to compare oranges with golf balls.

The trails you're referring to are at a 2,000+ ft elevation, with a 1,000+ drop... Please... What public park in Austin offers that kind of environment?

If you want to make comparisons... Then compare like with like.

Shoot... Right here in Austin we had exactly the same thing happen at Walnut Creek, before Brushy Creek got on the map the way it is today.

Again... Compare like with like.

Look... There are sections of many trails that alternate lines cannot be cut on... Even just some basic gnarly sections of a trail may not allow it. And at those sections no one will attempt to build alternate lines. But those sections are not the problem... It's the sections that can have alternate lines built around them that usually become the place where people do exactly that... Build there own alternate lines... And that's the problem that is being discussed here... Not some double black trail starting at a 2,000+ ft elevation.

Edited by RidingAgain

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

The infection rate is worse than coronavirus at this point. If only the admin could inoculate threads against certain accounts. I follow this thread to know what is going on and now it is devolving and is less about the trail.

I usually stay away from this thread... I read it and move on... Only making a comment here and there if I think I have something to say that is related to a specific line of discussion. Blame Bamwa and the Tweedle Dee (although I must say he has toned it down some) and Tweedle Dum (he just keeps going) for this recent infection. I said my piece days ago and left it at that.

But I understand it's hard for you to be honest, AustinBike.

Edited by RidingAgain

8 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Bike Parks are specific types of trail systems designed to cater to specific types of riding levels... And they tend to be... Privately owned.

Like... Whistler?

And using black or double black specific trails in public parks is taking it to the extreme... I doubt anyone is building their own alternate lines around any black or double black feature here in Austin.

Lots of public parks have black+ trails, see my comments on South Mountain Park in Phoenix. There are also plenty of public black trails and features in Austin... as well as blue... and both get bypassed and sanitized by ignorant, entitled knuckleheads on the regular.

The problem is people building alternate lines around sections that might be gnarly... Or to make a shortcut to cut out a section they don't want to ride.

Umm... yea, exactly... I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

• Like 1