IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

7 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Like... Whistler?

Lots of public parks have black+ trails, see my comments on South Mountain Park in Phoenix. There are also plenty of public black trails and features in Austin... as well as blue... and both get bypassed and sanitized by ignorant, entitled knuckleheads on the regular.

Umm... yea, exactly... I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

I've seen photos of Whistler trails that have what looks like officially built alternate lines around jumps. I've ridden trails in Bentonville that had officially built alternate lines around higher skill sections.

Please tell me what public park in Austin has a black trail that starts at 2,000 ft.

And please tell me what black trail here in Austin suffers from constant alternate lines being built around them.

Sanitizing is not building alternate lines... It's trying to change the integrity of an existing trail.

And we're talking about the building of alternate lines around trail sections here in Austin... And how to stop or minimize it.

Edited by RidingAgain

Tell me...

At Brushy, right before the section on Deception (I think that's what the whole trail is called) that has some step down type terrain, there is a cut trail that I was told is there so that people can bypass the higher skill step down section... What's that about?

Edited by RidingAgain

12 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

I've ridden trails in Bentonville that had officially built alternate lines around higher skill sections

You're missing the point, go back to my first post.

Please tell me what public park in Austin has a black trail that starts at 2,000 ft.

What does 2000' have to do with anything?

And please tell me what black trail here in Austin suffers from constant alternate lines being built around them.

Just about all of them.

Sanitizing is not building alternate lines... It's trying to change the integrity of an existing trail.

Same problem and category.

And we're talking about the building of alternate lines around trail sections here in Austin... And how to stop or minimize it.

By public shaming, and if that doesn't work, maybe a baseball bat or hefty cedar limb.

I realize that you'll continue to argue no matter what, but I'm pretty sure everyone else gets my point, if they haven't already moved on.

• Like 4

Just rode a couple of hours and only ran into one other biker on Deception (quite a few joggers though). Had to pass quite a few folks on Peddler's but that didn't take away from the enjoyment in the slightest. The continuous improvements on Peddler's never cease to amaze me. Felt so good to be back out on the trail after a 5-week absence. 

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, throet said:

Just rode a couple of hours and only ran into one other biker on Deception (quite a few joggers though). Had to pass quite a few folks on Peddler's but that didn't take away from the enjoyment in the slightest. The continuous improvements on Peddler's never cease to amaze me. Felt so good to be back out on the trail after a 5-week absence. 

Good to hear you’re back on the bike!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, throet said:

Nice!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

wish-you-werent-1dbeb43a2e.jpg

And now he goes all the way to my Facebook page (or Google images maybe), steals a photo of me... Makes a meme of it... That says I'm "...awkward...".

LOL...

What a poor, desperate person you are Barney Bike Boy.

And Chief and old man support this desperate act.

Oy vey.

LOL.

1 hour ago, throet said:

Always good to get out.

How were the trail conditions? I was thinking about hitting it in the morning.

Hey G Fisher! Long time no see. Hope you are stringing up those SATN piano wires for our boy as we speak. You  should take RA on some Jester repeats...if he survives he is allowed one post per weak. Intentional mispelling, check.

Edited by Bamwa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone have a favorite feature at Brushy? Mine has to be the left drop at the beginning of the north end of picnic. It’s not the most difficult drop, but is exciting because you enter pointing down, drop for a few feet and then land going downhill which just shoots you down the trail. Makes me smile every time. 

0CBF7FD0-C27A-4148-8A24-37D2694857D3.png

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, radiantm3 said:

Anyone have a favorite feature at Brushy? Mine has to be the left drop at the beginning of the north end of picnic. It’s not the most difficult drop, but is exciting because you enter pointing down, drop for a few feet and then land going downhill which just shoots you down the trail. Makes me smile every time. 

I like both on that section but prefer the other one, you get so much speed it is like a roller coaster 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, radiantm3 said:

I hit that one for the first time today. It wasn’t pretty but I survived.

I looked at it for a while and picked an approach line that looked good, but when I launched over the edge I pushed forward and got my weight back even though I told myself to just go straight off. Anyway my left foot unclipped and I over compensated putting my chest into the bars on the landing. I’m glad no one was around to LOL.

I did go back around for another attempt but ended up taking the easier one (my normal line) at the end.

While I was looking at the big one from the top some kid came around and took the easy middle line but ate hard just before the trails come together. It made a heck of a “thud” when he hit the dirt but he said he was OK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chuckt said:

I hit that one for the first time today. It wasn’t pretty but I survived.

I looked at it for a while and picked an approach line that looked good, but when I launched over the edge I pushed forward and got my weight back even though I told myself to just go straight off. Anyway my left foot unclipped and I over compensated putting my chest into the bars on the landing. I’m glad no one was around to LOL.

I did go back around for another attempt but ended up taking the easier one (my normal line) at the end.

While I was looking at the big one from the top some kid came around and took the easy middle line but ate hard just before the trails come together. It made a heck of a “thud” when he hit the dirt but he said he was OK.

Nice! I looked at that feature so many times before deciding to just "send it" one day. It definitely looks scarier than it actually is, but the key is staying loose and absorbing the compression a bit with your legs on the landing. I think alarms went off in my head as I approached the edge for at least the first 10-15 times of hitting that feature. It's definitely a mental challenge. The left drop on gum drop actually scares me the most now because it's basically a huck to flat and it's a pretty hard hit (at least on my 150/130 travel bike). 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 7:57 PM, radiantm3 said:

Just to be clear this on the end of Picnic closest to 183A?   I haven't worked my way up to that drop.  I'm just now doing the middle drop on the far other end of Picnic (basket drop).  It's a good beginner drop.  Next, I'm trying to get the nerve to do the one just to the right of the one I'm doing, then graduate to this one in the pic.

Great riding!

1 hour ago, horncpa said:

Just to be clear this on the end of Picnic closest to 183A?

I'm a little unclear too. Original Post said north end of Picnic, but the part closest to 183A would be the southwest end I believe. Also those drops closest to 183A have metal railing along the BCRT behind them, and in the picture it looks like wooden railing behind the drop. The northern most end of Picnic would be the series of drops along Upper Picnic, which I believe is where this pic is from - correct? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, throet said:

I'm a little unclear too. Original Post said north end of Picnic, but the part closest to 183A would be the southwest end I believe. Also those drops closest to 183A have metal railing along the BCRT behind them, and in the picture it looks like wooden railing behind the drop. The northern most end of Picnic would be the series of drops along Upper Picnic, which I believe is where this pic is from - correct? 

It's the first drop traveling eastward on what is upper picnic, picnicX right next to the H&B. The bigger one that's about 5'.

• Like 2

0CBF7FD0-C27A-4148-8A24-37D2694857D3.thumb.png.ec2cd5a21bc9dd623b683e8acb78c671.png

It took me a few times rolling up to that one before I finally went for it. It’s not as bad as it looks but it took me a few times before I could really match the landing angle. Landing rear wheel first will really snap you forward. 4102d929154d2d305015822ae6367cd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7