IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Thank you, and that photo makes it clearer to me where this was.  Maybe someone is trying to protect the roots of the tree by blocking that line?  Of course, the line around it also has roots.  How long has that alternate line been there?

I've been stopping for the past two years to block b-lines at The Puzzler. Almost every time I go, the low b-line is open. But every time I leave it, it's closed. Two weeks ago I spent quite a while gathering extra sticks for the low b-line. Like I said before, because fuck 'em. I imagine they feel the same about me, and probably threw a shit-ton of my sticks between the trees. 

The thing that I don't understand though--why this particular spot? Why ride the DD with all that entails, but constantly make b-lines around The Puzzler? 

• Like 2

I think the big wound on that cedar elm is probably why people feel the need to block that line.  I don’t think this is a case of an easier b-line.  I’d mentioned in the past about making some armoring for the tree but I never got around to it (doing all the baseboards in my house burned me out on wood work for a few months).  Maybe actually doing that would appease those worried about the tree.  It needs some rocks/soil on those roots too.

No, it wasn’t me in case you were wondering.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I think the big wound on that cedar elm is probably why people feel the need to block that line.  I don’t think this is a case of an easier b-line.  I’d mentioned in the past about making some armoring for the tree but I never got around to it (doing all the baseboards in my house burned me out on wood work for a few months).  Maybe actually doing that would appease those worried about the tree.  It needs some rocks/soil on those roots too.

No, it wasn’t me in case you were wondering.  

Josh (Firstblood) also brought this up... if anyone has material that can be used to protect it from scarring, shoot him a message, he's open to ideas.

6 minutes ago, SuperSlow said:

Working from home, and used lunch to ride.  Dirt was primo and the number of folks out was way less than a Sunday afternoon.

Haha did the same today. Looks like I might be working from home for a good while; so lunch rides could become my norm now. I was doing fine with the social distancing too until another rider stopped me to ask directions. 

Edited by throet

3 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Josh (Firstblood) also brought this up... if anyone has material that can be used to protect it from scarring, shoot him a message, he's open to ideas.

I'm no tree expert, but it doesn't appear to be suffering as a result. I can say with certainty that tree has done more damage to my shoulder than I'll ever do to it.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, throet said:

Haha did the same today. Looks like I might be working from home for a good while; so lunch rides could become my norm now. I was doing fine with the social distancing too until another rider stopped me to ask directions. 

It wasnt me, 6' was my normal distance already, now I just use flags signals to communicate.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, throet said:

I'm no tree expert, but it doesn't appear to be suffering as a result. I can say with certainty that tree has done more damage to my shoulder than I'll ever do to it.  

I feel the exact same way, but I guess if it gets people to leave it alone, then fine.

• Like 1