IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

This wood ladder is the B-line. To do the main line you must clear the gap, its 8 feet down and 8 feet out to the lip of the landing, 10-12 feet out and down is where you should be landing. The b-line is not easy, the ladder is 45 degrees down with  the end of the ladder still 2 feet above the landing. Look at it before you try it. 

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 6

I saw the grade of the ladder yesterday. Didn’t seem any steeper than the end of the big mulligan “drop”. But I suppose looks can be deceiving. 
Mulligan a-line is steeper, but you can roll it. Both lines on this feature require you to be in the air.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Mulligan a-line is steeper, but you can roll it. Both lines on this feature require you to be in the air.

Ah yea I can see how that could be a mental block. It doesn’t look bad from the top but it’s probably just the POV. 

Almost found out the hard way that roll in is on the left and not the right! Not a bad roll in at all. Highly recommend. 

Once the top is finished the roll in will be more visible from top. But its fun cause you can either brake check at top and release brakes and shoot down or float over top bits of it and tag the bottom part. It's tappered the way it is so people enter where they should at top but has a safery net on cliff side visually and in case you get a little off track at bottom. Initial plan was just an even planked roll in. But it was much more intimidating seeing a gap your tire could wedge into between the ramp and the cliff on the way down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, HoneyBadger said:

This wood ladder is the B-line. To do the main line you must clear the gap, its 8 feet down and 8 feet out to the lip of the landing, 10-12 feet out and down is where you should be landing. The b-line is not easy, the ladder is 45 degrees down with  the end of the ladder still 2 feet above the landing. Look at it before you try it. 

The rider in the video doesn't seem to be lifting (properly or not) the front end of the bike... Just moving his weight back a bit and then letting the bike roll into the gap after the ladder. You can even see where the front wheel immediately drops below (or looks like it does) the end lip of the ladder right after clearing it. Just for my understanding... Is this how this type of feature is meant to be ridden/cleared — just kind of rolled at the right speed — or would a better approach be to have some lift (bunny hop type technique maybe)?

This isn't any type of criticism... Looking at the video just made me think about it.

And BTW... Having a video like this that shows a new feature and something of how to ride it, I think, is great. Thanks.

Edited by RidingAgain

On 3/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, HoneyBadger said:

Coler_rock_solid.thumb.jpg.512717b434378f92b640932b5bff1568.jpg

45deg angle with a 2' drop, so kinda looks like coming off the hub at Coler in Bentonville I would imagine.

The rider in the video doesn't seem to be lifting (properly or not) the front end of the bike... Just moving his weight back a bit and then letting the bike roll into the gap after the ladder. You can even see where the front wheel immediately drops below (or looks like it does) the end lip of the ladder right after clearing it. Just for my understanding... Is this how this type of feature is meant to be ridden/cleared — just kind of rolled at the right speed — or would a better approach be to have some lift (bunny hop type technique maybe)?

This isn't any type of criticism... Looking at the video just made me think about it.

And BTW... Having a video like this that shows a new feature and something of how to ride it, I think, is great. Thanks.
Any way you do it and stay upright is fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

At the degree of decline and speed of that descent, lifting the front of the bike either with a momentary manual or with compression/release would only serve to potentially get you pointed in the wrong direction or mistime the drop. The rider in the video demonstrated the best approach IMO, which is to be in an attack position that enables you to give a push forward as you're going off the drop. 

• Like 3

For a long time I avoided any kind of drop because of fear of not getting the timing right (it feels horrible when you mistime it...even if you don't eat it).  But help from friends and sessioning those little tiny wood jumps behind Peddlers bike shop drilled into me the whole throwing the bike forward.   

• Like 2

Its called TESTING! Haha. For Realz. I hit it many different way and one of them was to ensure someone rolling like that would come out ok. You can also launch off the lip and barely tag the bottom. Or you can... forget it. Just go ride it people.

• Like 4

Need video of someone hitting the right side please.

If i can break free in a sec from the kid ill go do it. ...

Update

Video coming from HB. I definitely did not hit it as clean as I had hoped I came in real hot over corrected and wasn't prepared for the landing but there it is...as soon as he posts it

• Like 1