IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

19 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Coming in hot

I want to warn riders who don't normally ride things like this. I'm pretty sure the video does not show the rider launching - but he does. The video appears to show it just as he becomes visible, At least I think I can see him lifting. So be warned - don't just hit a drop like this with a lot of speed. Learn to launch. There are lots of good videos on Youtube like this - 

• Like 2

I had a LITTLE lift for a pop. ... BUT .. that was because i felt i was too fast then i brake checked too much and as i came to the lip i was compensating in case i was too slow. But this is a standard drop procedure drop with a little more speed needed than drops that have a transition at very base of the drop.

*Yell SEND IT!

*Look ahead where you want to go (not down)

*Stay centered over BB in attack P

position

*Stay loose and relaxed ready to absorb the landing a bit.

This is just how i do it. Not the only way. Richard Drew has a very interesting approach to drops if you haven't seen his you tube tutorial.

https://youtu.be/VaD4gxDEtRA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hit it today. Was riding by myself, but there were a bunch of kids at the top and I asked them to call 911 if they heard an old man screaming! Hit the A-line first so I wouldn’t over think it. I had just a little too much speed and landed deep, but somehow managed to stay rubber side down! The b line was very smooth.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cxagent said:

I want to warn riders who don't normally ride things like this. I'm pretty sure the video does not show the rider launching - but he does. The video appears to show it just as he becomes visible, At least I think I can see him lifting. So be warned - don't just hit a drop like this with a lot of speed. Learn to launch. There are lots of good videos on Youtube like this - 

Jumps and Drops are entirely different beasts - each demanding different techniques.   

• Like 1

I hit the b line wood feature 4x today. Nothing to it. That main drop though. I need to work on something similar but 1/2-3/4 that size first. It doesn’t look impossible for me though. I can see myself hitting it someday. But maybe not on my 130 rear travel trail bike. 😳

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, throet said:

Jumps and Drops are entirely different beasts - each demanding different techniques.   

I think the key is one of the things said in the video First-Blood posted - "You do you." So people use the same technique for jumps and drops. Some people even 'pre-jump' a drop. Some people seem to have a different technique for every single feature. As long is they like what they are doing they should keep doing it.

The other key point is to start small and build up so you learn the technique and speed you need for each feature.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 4fun said:

Hit it today. Was riding by myself, but there were a bunch of kids at the top and I asked them to call 911 if they heard an old man screaming! Hit the A-line first so I wouldn’t over think it. I had just a little too much speed and landed deep, but somehow managed to stay rubber side down! The b line was very smooth.

How hard of a hit compared to the taller one by the handrail at picnic?

Felt harder, but I landed real deep. Felt like a Huck to flat and nearly bounced off the bike. I’m sure with a little less speed And catching the transition closer to the top would feel pretty good. I’m also currently on a steel hardtail so take that for what it’s worth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 4fun said:

Felt harder, but I landed real deep. Felt like a Huck to flat and nearly bounced off the bike. I’m sure with a little less speed And catching the transition closer to the top would feel pretty good. I’m also currently on a steel hardtail so take that for what it’s worth.

Wait you hit that 10ft drop on a hard tail? 😳

1 minute ago, radiantm3 said:

Still that’s legit. Why am I crying over here about my 130mm rear travel. 😓

I’ve found that I can pretty much ride anything on this bike, that I can on a larger bike, but less room for error and a little slower thru big chunky stuff.  If I would have been on a mega tower landing that deep wouldn’t have phased me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 4fun said:

How do you fit those massive balls in your bike shorts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1