IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I saw a rider and a hiker come off of 1/4 Notch and both said it was fine. The biker had no mud on his tires / bike. I checked it out myself and it was rideable but definitely borderline. Whereas normally you'll have 2-3 spots of mud after the trail dries out, there were easily 5-6 muddy spots. I didn't even check Picnic, Mulligan, or Rim, and already knew from HB's post that Peddlers was out. Luckily I ran into a couple of guys that were heading over to Peddlers and I told them it was off limits per the trail steward. 

• Like 2

Even though I rode yesterday morning, the "cold front" was so enticing that I went out for a quick couple of laps around Snail right before dark last night. Big thanks to whoever put the additions in there!

Will be interesting to see what we find on Double Down after this most recent downtime. If 1/4 Notch is any indication, I suspect there will be some rogue rock placements. Seems the same people who like to ride wet trails are the ones who like to place rocks in front of the trickier ledges. 

1 hour ago, throet said:

Even though I rode yesterday morning, the "cold front" was so enticing that I went out for a quick couple of laps around Snail right before dark last night. Big thanks to whoever put the additions in there!

Will be interesting to see what we find on Double Down after this most recent downtime. If 1/4 Notch is any indication, I suspect there will be some rogue rock placements. Seems the same people who like to ride wet trails are the ones who like to place rocks in front of the trickier ledges. 

Additions on Snail Trail?

32 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Additions on Snail Trail?

Looked like somebody built up some nice berms on the path leading to the 2 big drops on the right heading down. I hadn't been down that side in a while though; so maybe they've been there. On the other path on the left there is a jump over what used to be a little rocky section just before the descent. I just rolled it since I had never seen it before. Suppose you could send it all the way to the downslope but that would be above my pay grade. 

7 hours ago, throet said:

Yeah I noticed new lines being worn in some places. There seems to be one that reconnects with Preplunge cutting out the trickier parts of the trail right after the Altar also one at the ledge after the bridge as you start to descend. I blocked that one this morning with some large rocks that I'm sure will be moved next time through. Also plenty of rutted sections caused by the many assclowns that can't stay off wet trails. On another note the trail was perfect this morning and I had it all to myself. Was surprised no one was out this morning didn't see a single person on the trail. Conditions were Tata's no puddles or standing water except at the Picnic drop in point, dirt was moist and tacky air was cool. Amazing how much easier it is to ride when the humidity drops off and the air gets cool. Feels like cheating:)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chief said:

Yeah I noticed new lines being worn in some places. There seems to be one that reconnects with Preplunge cutting out the trickier parts of the trail right after the Altar also one at the ledge after the bridge as you start to descend. I blocked that one this morning with some large rocks that I'm sure will be moved next time through. Also plenty of rutted sections caused by the many assclowns that can't stay off wet trails. On another note the trail was perfect this morning and I had it all to myself. Was surprised no one was out this morning didn't see a single person on the trail. Conditions were Tata's no puddles or standing water except at the Picnic drop in point, dirt was moist and tacky air was cool. Amazing how much easier it is to ride when the humidity drops off and the air gets cool. Feels like cheating:)

Heading out now brother! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, throet said:

Once you start joining us on Fridays, we'll be sure to ride it in both directions. 

Before all the other trails at Brushy Creek popped up, I would almost always ride all of Deception in both directions.  These days I usually only ride it forwards, as I like to partake in all the other trails out there as well.  I didn't ride Deception too much this summer as it was just too damn hot.  

• Like 1

Double Down kicked my ass. It wasn't quite as cool as I had hoped it would be. Still, I'm not complaining. Rode all of Deception, Picnic, Rim, and Snail. 
Man I knew I saw you out there. Only second time riding since our last time out there. Felt painfully good

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Something that brought a smile.

While I was out fishing at Brushy last night (yeah yeah, I know I should have been riding) I saw two very large groups of small children in some type of riding classes in the open field along the Brushy Creek Lake park. The instructors had them performing various drills through a set of cone courses, and from the sounds of it (all the way on the other side of the lake) the kids were having a grand time.

I have no idea who was hosting this, but a great big set of kudos from me for doing it!! 

Kids need far more of this!

• Like 10