IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

What do y'all call the trails west of the Rim trail? Other side of 183, behind the YMCA camp? Just curious, as I've seen and heard names for the other trails on Brushy Creek but not these.
Snail Trail is just the trails that parallel 183a in and along the ditch. All the other existing trails in the area are typically referred to as YMCA trails

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looks like that is part of the BCRT that runs through Round Rock, just South of HWY 79 between Georgetown Street and AW Grimes along the Creek.  Hopefully they can get property owners to agree for connection from where it currently stops on Harry Man road down to Memorial Park near I35.  Not holding my breath though....

EDIT:  I was incorrect.  Looks like this is a portion of the trail that would go from 620 Near Round Rock HS along the creek towards Harry Man Road.

Edited by DBehrens
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, WayneBT said:

Just how far does this all go? Anyone have a map?

I heard there is an "overall plan" that will connect most of the Austin / Round Rock / Manor / Kyle area with such regional trails. I have not seen that plan myself. And I doubt I will live long enough to see all of that trail actually happen. But we can hope.

Here are links to some of the organizations web sites that show their parts of that "overall plan" - 

https://www.mobilityauthority.com/projects/programs/SUP

http://austintexas.gov/page/current-urban-trails-projects

https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Public_Works/Urban_Trails/April_presentation_04_07_14.pdf

https://www.traillink.com/city/austin-tx-trails/

Anyone know what trail maintenance is planned for 3/24-3/27? Saw a city sign this weekend. 
I heard that sign was by the Picnic X kiosk and foot bridge. If so my giess would be they are gonna try and address the issue with the dirt and rocks that constantly wash onto the bcrt there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 3/20/2020 at 12:10 PM, DBehrens said:

Looks like that is part of the BCRT that runs through Round Rock, just South of HWY 79 between Georgetown Street and AW Grimes along the Creek.  Hopefully they can get property owners to agree for connection from where it currently stops on Harry Man road down to Memorial Park near I35.  Not holding my breath though....

EDIT:  I was incorrect.  Looks like this is a portion of the trail that would go from 620 Near Round Rock HS along the creek towards Harry Man Road.

Wow that’s awesome. I live in Stone Canyon, right near where the trail ends at Harry Man road. It would be super cool if the connection was built to allow access to thIs section along 620. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Morris said:

Are you guys still riding ?  Any trail condition reports?

I checked the trails this morning. They were very muddy. In fact just this afternoon, since my offices windows face where the 1/4 Notch entrance is, I’ve seen 4 teenagers on mtn bikes with tires that were absolutely caked. So that’s cool. 

I plan to check the trails again tomorrow morning, but they likely won’t be g2g until later tomorrow or Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Can definitely confirm trails are completely muddy right now.  Hopefully it was the same four teenagers I saw while walking the trail.  Man, they definitely did some damage out there today.  So frustrating.

Maybe they just returned from the beach for spring break?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not getting on a soapbox here but it might be something to consider about riding MTB. We understand that there is risk involved in riding trails especially technical ones. I'll probably stick to my gravel bike for the foreseeable future. I certainly don't want to be responsible for taking up bedspace or adding to the work load that our hospitals and health care workers are facing right now. I know I can get hurt on my gravel bike but the risk of that is considerably less then with MTB. JMPO.