IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Figured I'd post a quick update on there...

Just ventured out and checked out 1/4 Notch and Picnic to use barometers for other trails. Still very tacky even in exposed areas with muddy sections. I didn't go far on either trail and was having plenty of dirt pickup on my tires. 

I imagine with the temps today that 1/4 Notch and other rocky composition trails will be g2g or close to g2g later in the afternoon. I would be surprised if trails aren't g2g tomorrow morning, but personally I'd recommend holding off today to minimize trail erosion/damage. 

I do plan to go out again after work today to see how things are progressing. If anything changes I'll let you all know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Figured I'd post a quick update on there...

Just ventured out and checked out 1/4 Notch and Picnic to use barometers for other trails. Still very tacky even in exposed areas with muddy sections. I didn't go far on either trail and was having plenty of dirt pickup on my tires. 

I imagine with the temps today that 1/4 Notch and other rocky composition trails will be g2g or close to g2g later in the afternoon. I would be surprised if trails aren't g2g tomorrow morning, but personally I'd recommend holding off today to minimize trail erosion/damage. 

I do plan to go out again after work today to see how things are progressing. If anything changes I'll let you all know. 

Im happy you live where you do -- Thanks for the updates

4 hours ago, Chief said:

Not getting on a soapbox here but it might be something to consider about riding MTB. We understand that there is risk involved in riding trails especially technical ones. I'll probably stick to my gravel bike for the foreseeable future. I certainly don't want to be responsible for taking up bedspace or adding to the work load that our hospitals and health care workers are facing right now. I know I can get hurt on my gravel bike but the risk of that is considerably less then with MTB. JMPO.

I actually think this is really smart.  Lots of time to ride when this is all over, but if you sustain a major injury right now, could be really bad if you need a long hospital stay.  Me, myself - I've switched over to my other hobby - disc golf early in the morning when social distancing is ez 🙂 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, throet said:

I'm going to stick with yard work this evening and try to sneak in a ride tomorrow if things dry out. 

Just got done doing 20 miles on the gravel bike. I highly doubt the trails will be ready tomorrow. There was a lot of areas on the H&B with standing water. Trails looked very soupy from what I could see.

10 hours ago, Chief said:

Not getting on a soapbox here but it might be something to consider about riding MTB. We understand that there is risk involved in riding trails especially technical ones. I'll probably stick to my gravel bike for the foreseeable future. I certainly don't want to be responsible for taking up bedspace or adding to the work load that our hospitals and health care workers are facing right now. I know I can get hurt on my gravel bike but the risk of that is considerably less then with MTB. JMPO.

I'm in the same boat. Basically staying off the trails because I don't want to be THAT guy. 

Saw a girl riding on bcrt with a face mask and no helmet today. You know, for when The only thing you wanna catch is a brain injury. 

Also came up on a guy who took a header on the bigger drop on the west end of Picnic. Hope you’re ok if you post here. 
Did he hit that big leaning tree?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 3/24/2020 at 7:50 AM, Chief said:

If this is the same Chief I met out on the road in my Mojo jersey a couple months ago, stay safe out there.

And good advice here. You'd think you were a safety professional or something 😁

• Like 2

20 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Did he hit that big leaning tree?

I hit this tree and had a bad wreck.  Will have the scars forever.  

I'm assuming you mean the tree on the other side of the "creek" if you do that bigger roll in drop next to the bridge.   I clipped the tree and it shot me into that rock face.

I hit this tree and had a bad wreck.  Will have the scars forever.  
I'm assuming you mean the tree on the other side of the "creek" if you do that bigger roll in drop next to the bridge.   I clipped the tree and it shot me into that rock face.
I'm thinking about a huge probably 20 inch tree that is starting to lean just after you hit one of the drop onPicnic. It will fall one day and get turned into a sweet feature. What tree are you referring to? Is it a recent lean or fall? Does it need to get removed for safety? Or is it maybe just a tree a bit in the way as is?.

I'm thinking about a huge probably 20 inch tree that is starting to lean just after you hit one of the drop onPicnic. It will fall one day and get turned into a sweet feature. What tree are you referring to? Is it a recent lean or fall? Does it need to get removed for safety? Or is it maybe just a tree a bit in the way as is?.

The one you can see above my right glove? That sucker is getting hard to duck under. It’s near the two drops toward the middle of Picnic.3fc122caa04f180c845e8991ff2c44a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The one you can see above my right glove? That sucker is getting hard to duck under. It’s near the two drops toward the middle of Picnic.3fc122caa04f180c845e8991ff2c44a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we are talking same tree. It seems bigger than what that snapshot shows. Yea it definitely needs to come down. I was hoping it would fall naturally already

2 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Ah, different tree 🙂     

4 hours ago, First-Blood said:

...Does it need to get removed for safety?...

Speaking of trees that need removing, the deadfall across the trail beneath Swag. It’s too big for one person (ok, maybe one type A guy w/attitude) but I think two guys can move it out of the way.

If anyone wants to team it with me, post up and we can try it on a DD ride or just access it easily from BCRT.

3 minutes ago, horncpa said:

Hey, I am wanting to take my leaf blower out to Peddler's Pass in the next day or so.   I'm sure the answer is yes, but would the trail steward have any problem with blowing the leaves off the trail.  It's getting pretty slick.   @GreenMTBrider @HoneyBadger

Hey we don’t change the trails to meet our skill level. We need elevate our skills to match what’s required for the trail. 😅

I kid I kid. But honestly I’ve been enjoying the challenge of picking my line carefully with all the leaves. And the berms still provide tons of grip. 

• Haha 1