IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

6 minutes ago, radiantm3 said:

I didn’t even know trains passed on that bridge. Is it that one red light rail that goes to downtown Austin?

Yes. 

I have seen kids up there more than once and last year actually saw them have to jump down on the fence that covers the trail. Scared the shit of me since I dont want to see that. 

7 hours ago, Chief said:

I've been riding the hike and bike on my gravel bike and I'm dumbfounded by the number of people without helmets. Saw a mother with three young children and a tag along not one of them had a helmet.

I saw a grown man racing his daughter on bikes at a furious pace on the BCRT yesterday - neither were wearing helmets and the BCRT was packed with folks. Thinking about heading out early today to beat the rush. Can just catch up on work later. 

53 minutes ago, chuckt said:

Yeah, singlespeeded.

And rigid! 

I’m in the market for a rigid, big tire clearance bike like that. Leaning towards a Jones SWB, or a + size fargo if I decide on drop bars, but a rigid stache would be kick ass too. 

Back on topic, I’ve ridden the BCRT 6-7 times this in the last 2 weeks and it has been complete madness. Officials say stay inside and nearly every human in cedar park goes to the park. People without helmets on bikes, walkers on the wrong side of the path, came across 4-5 people wide a few times, completely glued to their phone, dogs off leash, you name it and I’ve seen it. 

Edited by bestbike85

Yes! Last night was mad.

I did go for a hike with my daughter about 130 today on 1/4.

Saw only 2 real bikers. About 3 the crowds started.

I've decided morning rides or night. I dont blame people , especially those with little kids being out but the frigging cluelessness is outstanding.

I literally rode about 3 feet or less behind the rear tire over most of PP because some long white haired , camo wearing , earphone wearing, old tool on POS bike refused to let me pass. Refused. Looked me in the eye. He saw he saw me. He could smell me I was so close.

He refused. I decided (maybe wrongly) i was gonna use his forehead as a kicker if he fell.

When i went to pass his ass under the bridge un Parmer he literally ran into me. Never ever in yrs and decades of riding has that happened. Rant over.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

I literally rode about 3 feet or less behind the rear tire over most of PP because some long white haired , camo wearing wearing , earphone wearing, cut old tool on POS bike refused to let me pass. Refused. Looked me in the eye. He saw he. He could smell me I was so close.

Sadly I had to let a guy pass me on Peddlers this evening. Just didn't have the fuel to really hit the gas. I wasn't going terribly slow and finished the lap in just over 17min; so kudos to whoever it was that blew by me. 

1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

I literally rode about 3 feet or less behind the rear tire over most of PP because some long white haired , camo wearing , earphone wearing, old tool on POS bike refused to let me pass. Refused. Looked me in the eye. He saw he saw me. He could smell me I was so close.

He refused. I decided (maybe wrongly) i was gonna use his forehead as a kicker if he fell.

When i went to pass his ass under the bridge un Parmer he literally ran into me. Never ever in yrs and decades of riding has that happened. Rant over.

Oh my gosh - long white haired motherfucker with no helmet?  I got stuck behind him a week ago.  He cut me off several times as I tried to pass.  Every time I hollered "I'm passing on your left" and he would swerve left as I came up beside him.  Finally got around him just before Parmer, but DAMN.  I had 2 others I was riding with and they had the same problem with him.  Somebody's gonna take him out by accident or on purpose and Willie Nelson's gonna wish he'd at least worn a helmet!

• Like 3

After riding out there yesterday,  I'm taking a break from that trail because of the cluelessness. Unfortunately you have to get on the path for short sections and people don't get the social distancing thing.

Side note: saw people going wrong way on PP. I politely told them it was 1 way but they didn't care.

Anything I can do to help with signage? I think people hop on at the sidewalk crossing when they're going the wrong way.

Oh my gosh - long white haired motherfucker with no helmet?  I got stuck behind him a week ago.  He cut me off several times as I tried to pass.  Every time I hollered "I'm passing on your left" and he would swerve left as I came up beside him.  Finally got around him just before Parmer, but DAMN.  I had 2 others I was riding with and they had the same problem with him.  Somebody's gonna take him out by accident or on purpose and Willie Nelson's gonna wish he'd at least worn a helmet!
Nice. That's exactly what's needed on trails now.
Sarcasm of course

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, bestbike85 said:

Looks like that band of rain missed us for the most part. If nothing forms over the next hour trails should be G2G. 

*heads to garage to prep the big bike*

ETA: son of a bitch

Ha! Yea I went and checked things out this morning then when I got inside it started raining. Bummer

Today was a fantastic ride. Had my best run on deception today. Made it through 1/4 notch from the bottom to the top with 1 dab. Usually I can clear the whole thing pretty easily, but I rode from home so I was already about 4-5 miles into my ride. Then I figured the weather was good enough to punish myself a bit more and continued my way down double down (after a quick break, obviously). Made it to the bottom with only 3 quick dabs. Usually my foot goes down 5-6x. Felt great. 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 8:27 PM, TheSarge said:

That guys been riding Peddlers for years. He's a grumpy sour puss. Never says hello and comes riding through our build area without slowing down. I haven't had the pleasure of riding behind him yet. I wonder what would happen if someone got around him and slowed down to a snail's pace?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, HoneyBadger said:

That guys been riding Peddlers for years. He's a grumpy sour puss. Never says hello and comes riding through our build area without slowing down. I haven't had the pleasure of riding behind him yet. I wonder what would happen if someone got around him and slowed down to a snail's pace?

I tried to pass him under the bridge-- he literally , like no shit,, he literally bumped my bars as I went by him. 

You know me -- I am not what you would call intimidating by any means-- But damn I would have chased him down and , shit,, I dunno what-- but I would have not been pleased. 

1 minute ago, Cafeend said:

I tried to pass him under the bridge-- he literally , like no shit,, he literally bumped my bars as I went by him. 

You know me -- I am not what you would call intimidating by any means-- But damn I would have chased him down and , shit,, I dunno what-- but I would have not been pleased. 

I'd have a hard time not physically responding if someone tried that shit with me.  Especially if he was already being an asshole by not giving me an opportunity to pass for some time before that.  Guess it would be a good idea to sport a GoPro for situations like this..

..Al

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

I'd have a hard time not physically responding if someone tried that shit with me.  Especially if he was already being an asshole by not giving me an opportunity to pass for some time before that.  Guess it would be a good idea to sport a GoPro for situations like this..

..Al

I am lover not  a fighter,,, Like I told my wife ,, I would not have been shocked to see a knife 

Just now, HoneyBadger said:

I've never had someone not pull over and let me by once they realized i was behind them. 

I was riding at Reimers once and I caught up with someone who had their headphones on.  For minutes I tried making as much noise as possible, but they either didn't hear me or didn't care (I suspect the former).  Finally got to an open area and was able to haul ass past them, but I was a bit peeved.  I do sometimes encounter runners wearing headphones on singletrack trails wearing headphones, and it's equally annoying when you cannot get their attention or easily pass them.  I need a rubber-band shooter mounted to my handlebars..