IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 3/27/2020 at 11:13 PM, Cafeend said:

Oh my gosh - long white haired motherfucker with no helmet?  I got stuck behind him a week ago.  He cut me off several times as I tried to pass. 

Does he have it in a pony tail? If so maybe you could reach forward far enough to yank him off his bike by his hair. I've seen that work a few times in the NFL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Albert said:

I'd have a hard time not physically responding if someone tried that shit with me.  Especially if he was already being an asshole by not giving me an opportunity to pass for some time before that.  Guess it would be a good idea to sport a GoPro for situations like this..

..Al

Yeah it would be very very difficult for me  to not at least have words with this guy. And if I passed in an area like the Parmer underpass where there’s lots of room and he hit me... I’m pissed off just thinking about it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I've never had someone not pull over and let me by once they realized i was behind them. 

I have, many times. Some people are either just assholes, or they try to ride a little faster trying to prove something. I have a YT video of the Enchanted Forest trail in CO, where I ran up on a guy that absolutely ignored me behind him.

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

Yeah it would be very very difficult for me  to not at least have words with this guy. And if I passed in an area like the Parmer underpass where there’s lots of room and he hit me... I’m pissed off just thinking about it. 

Same here. I'm tempted to start riding over there in hopes of running into him. I'm under an enormous amount of stress right now (not just virus related), and would probably absolutely pop if provoked. I could really use a punching bag.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 2

I was riding Walnut Creek many years ago with one of my buddies. A young guy (early 20's) would blow past us and then stop after a couple of turns kind of blocking the trail.  After the two of us pulling over for him and then having to squeeze past him I finally got tired of it. The next time he passed I jumped on his wheel and kept yelling at him "PICK IT UP! PICK IT UP! YOU ARE GOING TOO SLOW! MOVE MOVE MOVE! LETS GO!!!!" I think i might have buzzed his rear wheel when he slowed down.

It didn't take long for him to blow up. He finally pulled over red faced, panting and laid over his bars then fell over. I told him "At least you got off the trail this time." He just glared at me while by buddy rode past laughing. We never saw him again. For some reason he didn't pass us. My buddy kept saying  "Man that was COOL!"

My point is you can get your point across to someone being a jerk without a physical altercation. Do to them what they are doing to you. When they complain about it say 'so you don't like what you were doing to me? Interesting.' At Peddlers Pass, cut the trail so you end up in front of him and make him try to pass you. Call out "on your right" then pass on the left. 

• Haha 2

On 3/30/2020 at 3:18 PM, Albert said:

I was riding at Reimers once and I caught up with someone who had their headphones on.  For minutes I tried making as much noise as possible, but they either didn't hear me or didn't care (I suspect the former).  Finally got to an open area and was able to haul ass past them, but I was a bit peeved.  I do sometimes encounter runners wearing headphones on singletrack trails wearing headphones, and it's equally annoying when you cannot get their attention or easily pass them.  I need a rubber-band shooter mounted to my handlebars..

I was on the hike and bike trail trying to get around some bonewipe with headphones riding in the middle of the trail. Kept ringing my bell, nothing. Then I yelled "hey" and he finally heard me. When I passed him I said "you need to turn that down a bit" and he said "you don't own the trail" like some smug asshole. To which I replied "either do you" and all the people around got a good laugh. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GFisher said:

How is Brushy looking mid day (or mornings) during the week? No way I am going in the afternoon/evening, but I would like to make it out there soon.

Mid-day to and mornings(preferred) is definitely your best bet.  3pm to 7pm is a MADHOUSE.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GFisher said:

How is Brushy looking mid day (or mornings) during the week? No way I am going in the afternoon/evening, but I would like to make it out there soon.

Between me  and  you and the fencepost,, Mornings are great. I'd say for the real riders , early  before 10. And then dusk to dark with lights. 

16 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Between me  and  you and the fencepost,, Mornings are great. I'd say for the real riders , early  before 10. And then dusk to dark with lights. 

I’m headed out around 10am and beside myself with giddiness. It’s gonna be grade A bewbs....annnd then rain thru Sunday. Waaaaahhh waaah waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...

but TODAY!!! WE RIIIDE!!!

or Ride, Drink, and be Merry, for tomorrow it rains. You know... something like that

Edited by Morealice
Your mom
  • Like 3

Who’s building this stuff? They deserve a beer or two. 
Myself. HB and a guy named Steven. It's pucker factor is legit but the payoff is well worth it. We have plans for maybe a step up just after it on the upslope but we will see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Myself. HB and a guy named Steven. It's pucker factor is legit but the payoff is well worth it. We have plans for maybe a step up just after it on the upslope but we will see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well two of you already deserve a beer for what you've done pre-pandemic. 

• Like 2