IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Supposed to get rain starting this evening anyway so I don’t think it’s going to have an impact to mtn biking. 

Well easy for you to say Mr I live across the street from trail access. [emoji869][emoji846] if rain is a flub all of us out of parkers have to sneak in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I still think whoever had the idea in another thread to just close the parking lots was right.  That should be the solution coming forward, because people cannot control themselves.  Ride/run/walk your local park, don't go crowd into some other park/trail.  As it is, even my little tiny neighborhood park and short little trail I go run in is going to be closed this weekend.  Guess it's gonna be the trainer or rainy road rides for me this weekend.

This is all evidence we need more parks, trails, and green spaces.

• Like 1

If they close the parking lots, people will just park along the street.  This could almost be called the "St. Ed's approach" with the way people park along Spicewood when the parking lot is full.  It would just move all those cars to the street. 

Personally, I'm totally fine with them closing the parks for a holiday weekend.  If the severity of this situation isn't enough to mandate some drastic action, I don't know what is.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Aren't we the 'general public' ?  🙂  In all seriousness, I'm sure this is exactly what the trail builders were thinking as they were building Deception.  

I am the general public, lol. That’s what I was thinking anyway. I didn’t give a crap if anyone ever found the ones I did/helped do. It had that feel this AM compared to last Wednesday for whatever reason. When I stopped to fix my shoe I just hogged up the whole trail with my bike and didn’t see a soul. 

Ride this morning was huuumid AF but managed to stay at least neutral about it psychologically. I refused to let it bum me out. I told myself, “riding in heat/humidity is just different, not better or worse.” I’m trying to grow up a bit. 

Had a boa mechanism on my shoe pop out and got concerned until I discovered they look like by design they’re supposed to pop out so you don’t end up fuct. Specialized Expert XC shoes are all I’ll ever ride. Honestly should order like 12 pair. I don’t want to be without and they will get used. 

Also had a tiny little cedar branch lodge itself between the rotor and brake pad off my front brake. That was a first. 

Since I typically ride to the trail and all the water fountains are off I was worried about only having around 70oz but ran out of water as I was removing my waist pack back at the crib. Had to consciously pick my spots to drink and was happy it worked out so well. But come summer that’s gonna be tougher when it’s 178 degrees out. Either gonna have to start driving to trail head to reup water mid ride or buy water at the gas station near peddlers. Really don’t wanna drive to trail if I can help it. 

- ramble over -

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

Ride this morning was huuumid AF but managed to stay at least neutral about it psychologically. I refused to let it bum me out. I told myself, “riding in heat/humidity is just different, not better or worse.” I’m trying to grow up a bit. 

Not only was it humid AF, there were some serious slick spots on Rim and Deception. I went out around 11am and just rode Snail, Rim, and DD. What was scary was that it didn't seem to be just the usual slick suspects. There were a few areas where everything seemed dry and then out of nowhere you'd hit a slick spot. So glad to be riding flats in those situations.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, throet said:

Not only was it humid AF, there were some serious slick spots on Rim and Deception. I went out around 11am and just rode Snail, Rim, and DD. What was scary was that it didn't seem to be just the usual slick suspects. There were a few areas where everything seemed dry and then out of nowhere you'd hit a slick spot. So glad to be riding flats in those situations.   

This. I was on Rim about 10:00 and the 3 little g-outs were slick AF. I walked (I usually don't ever walk anything) the last one going W to E and I honestly wasn't sure I was going to be able to get me and my body up that slick 3' or so rock face. I almost turned around, but was able to barely use a tree as a handrail. I think things have gotten progessively worse all week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morealice said:

Pfft, BS, it sucked. Be glad we didn't line up this AM, because you'd have just been listening to me curse and complain... and walk a lot, lol.

23 minutes ago, throet said:

Yea, I started on 1/4 before 9 and I felt like a pinball slipping and bouncing between the rocks... I used up more energy just trying to keep the rubber side down than actually riding, ended up cutting it short and bailed at the bridge onto PX... where it also sucked. I'm still sweating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

If they close the parking lots, people will just park along the street.  This could almost be called the "St. Ed's approach" with the way people park along Spicewood when the parking lot is full.  It would just move all those cars to the street. 

They should tow them.  That'd fix things up.  I've seen on Old Spicewood Springs going W to E right after the parking lot, after the turn when it starts going down (semi blind turn):  dude skateboarding (not like using the road to go places, just using it as a place to practice moves), lady in a bikini with full tires with + more parked on the road with the door open.  Dude half parked on the road completely oblivious with the door open flicking me off when I gave a friendly super short honk, people with loose dogs on the road.  People parking as far out as the 2nd water crossing from the west...I could go on and on. Add that to the Fast and Furious usual suspects and it's a recipe for a tragedy.

13 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

They should tow them.  That'd fix things up.  I've seen on Old Spicewood Springs going W to E right after the parking lot, after the turn when it starts going down (semi blind turn):  dude skateboarding (not like using the road to go places, just using it as a place to practice moves), lady in a bikini with full tires with + more parked on the road with the door open.  Dude half parked on the road completely oblivious with the door open flicking me off when I gave a friendly super short honk, people with loose dogs on the road.  People parking as far out as the 2nd water crossing from the west...I could go on and on. Add that to the Fast and Furious usual suspects and it's a recipe for a tragedy.

I haven't ridden St Ed's in a 2yrs or so, mainly cause its scary riding Spicewood with traffic, but now with less cars Ive been venturing that way. Is that chunky climb up actually non dab doable now? Last time I was over there it was  a lot of non makeable drops going up. 

11 minutes ago, Bart said:

Is that chunky climb up actually non dab doable now?

Last time I was there was last year's EB. At that point, the chunky climb had been dramatically sanitized and is unfortunately very easy now.  Maybe erosion will "fix" the sanitation over time, HOL style. Maybe it already has?

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

Last time I was there was last year's EB. At that point, the chunky climb had been dramatically sanitized and is unfortunately very easy now.  Maybe erosion will "fix" the sanitation over time, HOL style. Maybe it already has?

I haven't ridden it in years.  The last time I went I posted about the sanitizing.  The steps all basically have ramps on them now, and some of the trail work done was terrible and was/is causing worse erosion problems.  The last few times I've gone I have had problems with loose dogs and their idiot owners "he doesn't like bikes" sigh...

16 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Yea, I started on 1/4 before 9 and I felt like a pinball slipping and bouncing between the rocks... I used up more energy just trying to keep the rubber side down than actually riding

I failed to mention that I juuuuusttt about fell off an exposed ridge on Caddyshack yesterday, haha. It was the first off camber rock chunk after you get past the initial climb up. I tried to ride a minuscule line on the outer edge of it attempting to avoid the slick as snot rock and bobbled it, it threw me to the right (direction off cliff edge) and I somehow saved it and fell to the left and unclipped. I’m not sure how I didn’t go tumbling down that thing, but I’m sure glad I didn’t. Probably wouldn’t be a death type situation or anything (unless impaled through the heart or something) but it suuure would have sucked. I kept trying to ride up, but all the rocks were slick. Tried to ride that same spot going down but the pucker got the better of me and I walked it. First legit scare in a while, and this certainly is probably not the best time in history to be needing a hospital. 

• Like 2