IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Just got back from doing Peddlers twice, Mulligan, Picnic, up some long gravelly/rocky hill towards a neighborhood looking for Snail(which I didn't find), back down the gravel hill, along Picnic and home. Beautiful day!

Although I need a new helmet now because I didn't see a low branch on Picnic and it ripped through the top foam on the top of my helmet. Oops. Better than a nice gouge in my head!

Just got back from doing Peddlers twice, Mulligan, Picnic, up some long gravelly/rocky hill towards a neighborhood looking for Snail(which I didn't find)

Sending you a PM. It will help you find things.
You rode up hall road. It's the farthest West Trailhead for Double Down . It used to also connect to a line we call 5.0. The county recently blocked it because they are who they are. But it is not near Snail. You gotta travel further west on bcrt until you come to 183A to find Snail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, quixoft said:

Just got back from doing Peddlers twice, Mulligan, Picnic, up some long gravelly/rocky hill towards a neighborhood looking for Snail(which I didn't find), back down the gravel hill, along Picnic and home. Beautiful day!

Although I need a new helmet now because I didn't see a low branch on Picnic and it ripped through the top foam on the top of my helmet. Oops. Better than a nice gouge in my head!

Yeah, you came up a little short on Snail.  You hit the doubletrack that marks the western end of Deception.  If you follow the cement a little further west, you'll find the entrance to Rim.  Keep going further and you'll pass under 183A and Snail will be immediately after the culvert on the left.

How are the crowds looking?  I've been avoiding the trail because I heard that crowds both on the cement and on the singletrack were bad and social distancing was difficult.

Can i ask what EBD stands for?
For anyone looking for a map:
https://caltopo.com/m/6DN1

This will be fun. EBD stands for “Eric is a Bag of Dicks” if I’m not mistaken. What’s hilarious is that every time I approach any ledge after a gut busting climb I can’t help but calling Eric a bag of dicks. I know this was the intention in naming that feature this and it’s worked...well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

This will be fun. EBD stands for “Eric is a Bag of Dicks” if I’m not mistaken. What’s hilarious is that every time I approach any ledge after a gut busting climb I can’t help but calling Eric a bag of dicks. I know this was the intention in naming that feature this and it’s worked...well done.

Correct! He IS a bag of Dicks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, First-Blood said:

You dont like Gnargasm or Caddyshack?

If they were near the rest I’d probably hit them once in awhile to change things up. But I’d rather spend my time riding everything else and that’s pretty much my limit with stamina. I do think that rock roll into the curved wooden feature is neat. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I definitely think they are worth it.

+1. Especially as part of a longer ride including Suburban Ninja! And the techy bit of trail at the far east end of Gumdrop is some of my favorite "tech flow" out there once you're able to ride it clean.

If they were near the rest I’d probably hit them once in awhile to change things up. But I’d rather spend my time riding everything else and that’s pretty much my limit with stamina. I do think that rock roll into the curved wooden feature is neat. 
My favorite route lately when I have the time is to Start at Redhorn with a coffee then ride Sub Ninja to the bcrt briefly then hitting Gumdrop(anklebitter) to Gnargasm and Caddyshack. Then.. bcrt across dam and to Peddlers Pass. Then over to Picnic and some form of Deception. Then Snail for a session. On way back I hit Rim Job and then Picnic drops and then finish with bcrt either back to Sub Ninja or just take Parmer to Redhorn for post ride libation.

• Like 3

Just now, First-Blood said:

My favorite route lately when I have the time is to Start at Redhorn with a coffee then ride Sub Ninja to the bcrt briefly then hitting Gumdrop(anklebitter) to Gnargasm and Caddyshack. Then.. bcrt across dam and to Peddlers Pass. Then over to Picnic and some form of Deception. Then Snail for a session. On way back I hit Rim Job and then Picnic drops and then finish with bcrt either back to Sub Ninja or just take Parmer to Redhorn for post ride libation.

I think I need to ride with people who can handle all that. I tend to get tired quicker when I ride solo for whatever reason. I guess I feel lazier when there's not someone else there to push me. 🙂 

4 hours ago, TheSarge said:

Yeah, you came up a little short on Snail.  You hit the doubletrack that marks the western end of Deception.  If you follow the cement a little further west, you'll find the entrance to Rim.  Keep going further and you'll pass under 183A and Snail will be immediately after the culvert on the left.

How are the crowds looking?  I've been avoiding the trail because I heard that crowds both on the cement and on the singletrack were bad and social distancing was difficult.

We were out at around 3pm. Passed a few folks going the other way on Picnic but that was about it. BCRT was pretty crowded but mainly walkers/joggers. 

I think I need to ride with people who can handle all that. I tend to get tired quicker when I ride solo for whatever reason. I guess I feel lazier when there's not someone else there to push me. [emoji846] 

I try to get in a 20 plus on the days I have that kind of time. When the world opens I'll ride with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WLemke said:

Woah. I was not aware there were trails east of peddlers. Worth the pedal over there?

No. I'm a low intermediate rider and I'll run through them if I'm riding through the area but they are pretty boring and very short. Unless I'm missing some. Across BCRT from Champion, right?

Edited by quixoft

Great minds think alike! That’s close to my route! [emoji23]

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quixoft said:

No. I'm a low intermediate rider and I'll run through them if I'm riding through the area but they are pretty boring and very short. Unless I'm missing some. Across BCRT from Champion, right?

Sounds like you're missing some. Gumdrop, snow white, gnargasm, caddy shack are all across the creek, not just across the BCRT. Go over the footbridge just east of champion, trail goes east and west from there.

• Like 2

Boring? I think you may be missing some. There are several lines over there. Boring is not what I would use to describe Gnargasm and Caddyshack. Take a look at my map I sent. It's a bit more detailed with labels.
https://caltopo.com/m/BR36

• Like 1

1 minute ago, schoolie said:

Sounds like you're missing some. Gumdrop, snow white, gnargasm, caddy shack are all across the creek, not just across the BCRT. Go over the footbridge just east of champion, trail goes east and west from there.

Ah, I never went across the bridge. Assumed that was a neighborhood entry/exit with all the people I always see on the bridge. 

• Like 1