IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 minute ago, quixoft said:

Anyone go out today? Trails okay? Got about 1/8 of an inch of rain in my gauge at my house in RR.

I’m going to take a guess that the trails are a little too saturated. Especially with no wind, sunlight and high humidity.

Anyone go out today? Trails okay? Got about 1/8 of an inch of rain in my gauge at my house in RR.
My guess would be the lower trails like Peddlers and Picnic might be too wet. But the highlands like Deception would be ok but slick rocks. Snail is usually good in the rain up to a certain amount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My rain gauge near 1/4 Notch didn’t pick up anything but condensation. I went out this morning, dirt was fine but most everything else is slick. Roots are slick, leaves are slick, rocks are slick. Things are starting to dry now and we’re supposed to get sun this afternoon which will make the trails bueno.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rode on both sides of the dam today (around 1) and everything was dry. Only a couple muddy potholes (very easily avoidable) if you ride the bottom of the berms. Btw been following this thread for ages, and just now setup an acct. so I could join in. Im easy to spot around brushy almost everyday. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Is Peddler's considered bi-directional now?  I was riding counter clockwise today, told a guy he was going the wrong way and he told me it's bi-directional.  Didn't notice any of the "wrong way" signs anymore and I hadn't been over there in a couple months.

Haven't seen any wrong way signs but then again I've never gone the other way.  The sign at the start says one direction so I always go counter clockwise. 

I will defer to @HoneyBadger but I would say absolutely not.   That trail is way too fast to be ridden both ways.  It would be wreck central out there.   

In that vein,  how much do we need to put more signage on PP in regards to where the entrance is and not to ride when trails are wet signs?   I am happy to kick in some funds and even happy to help get the signs.

Is Peddler's considered bi-directional now?  I was riding counter clockwise today, told a guy he was going the wrong way and he told me it's bi-directional.  Didn't notice any of the "wrong way" signs anymore and I hadn't been over there in a couple months.
Not bi-directional . But this is merica land of the free. I've not once in my riding life had success in receiving positive response when I encountered someone doing the "wrong" thing on the trail and called out for it. Not once did said persons ever change their course of action. I've tried mean, nice, informative, and on their side.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HoneyBadger said:

There are a few more fences i need to build that will help with people going the  wrong direction.

I've seen at least two people who got turned around at the second creek xing. They miss the tight right turn, and instead cross back over to where they came in earlier.  

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Yes, exactly that. If you go a bit wide to the left, you get routed into going the wrong way. 

Wow!  I never noticed that.

It does remind me once I went the wrong way after the 2nd crossing, after the drop when you make a hairpin left as you climb up, the trail was covered with leaves and a couple were resting on either side of the correct way, I took the bypass by accident.  It took me 20 yards to figure out I'd gone the wrong way.