IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

2 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

I prefer Gumdrop. With a “G” in case you start to learn all the feature names out there.

Fun trail and just techy enough to keep you on your toes while flying around the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's got a new (to me) line up to the cliff that's pretty fun. I like the tech level of the trail. If I ride it regularly enough I can see progress. 

I can never remember the right candy names but ankle biker makes sense to me because of the overhanging rock at pedal level along lots of the trail. 

• Like 1

Big thanks to @HoneyBadger and his continued work on Peddler's Pass.  Rode it for the first time in a couple weeks and it is just getting faster!  Primo conditions yesterday.

I was pretty excited yesterday to take the top spot on Strava for Peddler's for my weight class.  Finally broke 17 minutes.  Felt like I was flying.   Weight loss helps!  Dropped 45 pounds since Jan 1.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Big thanks to [mention=141]HoneyBadger[/mention] and his continued work on Peddler's Pass.  Rode it for the first time in a couple weeks and it is just getting faster!  Primo conditions yesterday.
I was pretty excited yesterday to take the top spot on Strava for Peddler's for my weight class.  Finally broke 17 minutes.  Felt like I was flying.   Weight loss helps!  Dropped 45 pounds since Jan 1.  

Awesome! 45 pounds is like 1.5 bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, horncpa said:

Big thanks to @HoneyBadger and his continued work on Peddler's Pass.  Rode it for the first time in a couple weeks and it is just getting faster!  Primo conditions yesterday.

Nice!

I see your 17 minutes and raise you 2.5 minutes. 19 minutes and 30 seconds for me today, lol! I figure that's not too bad for how out of shape I am and probably my 4th time ever on that trail. Today was actually the first time all the way through without stopping for a rest. Congrats on the weight loss as well! 45lbs lost is a hell of an accomplishment.

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 2

That's awesome on the KOM and the weight loss.  Congrats!

So I found Gumdrop/Ankle Biter going west from Olson Meadows. That first drop was a bit of a surprise but made it down and definitely understand why it's called Ankle Biter. Fun trail although I crashed a couple times coming back back toward Olson on some bigger roots where I just didn't have enough speed. Definitely did not make it back up that initial drop going back! Had to walk it and nearly ate it just walking the rocks were so slick.

Also found this fun little downhill structure somewhere off Gumdrop I think. Rode onto the big rock and just started slipping everywhere so I chickened out and just hopped off and walked it down the planks. I think I need a new rear tire as I just slide all over the place.

gumdrop.jpg

tire.jpg

Edited by quixoft

13 minutes ago, quixoft said:

Nice!

I see your 17 minutes and raise you 2.5 minutes. 19 minutes and 30 seconds for me today, lol! I figure that's not too bad for how out of shape I am and probably my 4th time ever on that trail. Today was actually the first time all the way through without stopping for a rest.

That was me about three months ago.   Keep up the good work and stay out there!   I'm loving it.

• Like 1

I was pretty excited yesterday to take the top spot on Strava for Peddler's for my weight class.  Finally broke 17 minutes.

Great job and congrats on the weight loss!

I'm not sure what your weight class is but checking Strava I don't see any top spots claimed across the weight classes on Apr 20. I do see that a couple of heavyweights moved into the top 5 yesterday but not the top spot. Not trying to poop in your punchbowl - just making sure that you're viewing the full leaderboard. 

Edited by throet

9 minutes ago, throet said:

Great job and congrats on the weight loss!

I'm not sure what your weight class is but checking Strava I don't see any top spots claimed across the weight classes on Apr 20. I do see that a couple of heavyweights moved into the top 5 yesterday but not the top spot. Not trying to poop in your punchbowl - just making sure that you're viewing the full leaderboard. 

Weird.   Which version of Peddler's Pass are you looking at?  I don't have the full version of Strava but I see myself ranked 1 on three of the versions of it.

56 minutes ago, horncpa said:

Weird.   Which version of Peddler's Pass are you looking at?  I don't have the full version of Strava but I see myself ranked 1 on three of the versions of it.

I checked both of these. Maybe there is a third version that I'm not even aware exists. Anyway it sounds like you are well on your way to KOM on all such segments given the progress you are making. 

image.thumb.png.027e8d60a7f704d0282e41a22c35f53c.png

image.thumb.png.9961980169fc4c65953583c11a757006.png

image.thumb.png.3c87ad603e77f4d3afc92312dfee5135.png

Edited by throet

Just now, horncpa said:

Thanks @throet I just need to splurge for the full version.  I was using "PP 5.0? Full East Entrance" and "BCB - Peddlers Pass 5.0"  

So many different tracks.   Now I got to get 15:52 to have total domination.  It's on!

Haha actually I don't know that it has anything to do with having the full version. If you search for those segments you'll probably see them. I do see that segment you posted, and it looks like I've even recorded a time against it. It also looks like on any given ride my Strava may record against any combination of the three. Bottom line is that you are owning that top spot for that segment - sorry to have caused any unnecessary confusion! 

3 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

"BCB - Peddlers Pass 5.0" is the "official" Strava segment. When I make a big change the numbering advances, 6.0, 7.0 etc.

When did it go to 5.0 and what big change was there?  Looking back at my last ride on 3/19 it was still 4.0.

3 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

"BCB - Peddlers Pass 5.0" is the "official" Strava segment. When I make a big change the numbering advances, 6.0, 7.0 etc.

It marked me as Peddler's Pass 4.0 for today's ride. It also says my time was 18:45 although when I entered the path it was 11:29:00 and when I exited it was 11:48:30 so that's 19m30s by my count. Unless math has changed recently. I don't share anything publicly, just with friends, so none of mine get on the leader boards. Probably a good thing as I would probably be sad when I saw the results!

It marked me as Peddler's Pass 4.0 for today's ride. It also says my time was 18:45 although when I entered the path it was 11:29:00 and when I exited it was 11:48:30 so that's 19m30s by my count. Unless math has changed recently. I don't share anything publicly, just with friends, so none of mine get on the leader boards. Probably a good thing as I would probably be sad when I saw the results!
All the Strava times on Peddlers pass are about a minute faster than reality.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Austin Smithey said:

I've been riding Brushy for the first time lately and I don't know for sure if my tire pressure is set correctly. I don't wanna have it too high an risk bursting it. What do yall run? (got 29" tubeless if that matters at all)

What are you running now?