IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Not me... But that's a one of those old "...antiquated bikes..." he's riding...

Looks like he's not worried, and just having funny.

Here's what he had to say...

"The Cannondale 4X is the kind of bike we should all be riding. It is the most versatile type of bike you could buy. I’m no XC racer but I never felt it hold me back on the climbs and while my dirt jumping skills are pathetic I had more fun and confidence on this bike then any other I’ve been on. The best thing though is that when you point it down a trail its rips. It’s not a DH bike but it feels very comfortable at speed and it can take a beating as good as any bike out there. If you are looking for a mid-travel bike the 4X should be on your short list especially if you are want something that might turn a few heads on the mountain."

LOL... You gotta wonder about people.

p4pb903192.jpg

Edited by RidingAgain

31 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Big man... I wasn't referring to your riding prowess... I was speaking to your poor dishonest disposition exposed in your comment about me.

As to what you "...distinctly remember..." about how I dealt with a curb... Having been riding for some 25 years, I've confronted many curbs and therefore have a whole lot of experience with them. And for sure, even if I stopped to deal with one, I certainly would not have dismounted "...off [my] bike climbing over the curb...". I would have simply stopped, put my feet on the ground while still straddling the bike, and lifted the bike up, as I've done many times in the past, and will do many times in the future, especially where crossing streets is concerned. So here we have you again being dishonest in your suggestion.

Try and get this clear... I don't have anything to prove to me, you, or anyone else about my bike riding skills. So if I feel like stopping and lifting my bike up on a street curb, I'll do exactly that. If it bothers you, that's your problem, not mine.

Thing is, your dishonesty is in your suggesting that I don't have the skill level to ride my bike over a curb... That's just you speaking ignorantly, and in doing so, speaking dishonestly.

As for this other stuff...

"...scolded me for not warning you about that feature..."... You must be off your meds my brother.

"...Unfamiliarity shouldn't translate into an f'n guided tour of a beginner trail."... I wasn't there for a guided tour... I was there to have fellowship with a brother in Christ. But it seems you've conveniently forgotten how exactly we came to have our ride together my brother.

And this...

"...Brotherhood? Let's talk about that. I've ridden countless hours with people who have made me a better rider at the expense of their own enjoyment. In all of those instances, I've expressed my gratitude for their willingness to make sacrifices on my behalf. You on the other hand? I can't even describe it. You seem to want to portray yourself as something you are not. Posting jump videos and asking for critiques? Are you seriously considering getting air? Please do it on that antiquated bike - you'll be my hero! If you are sincere about honesty / dishonesty, let's just get it out in the open. An Austin Mountain Biking Skills challenge for all to witness."

"...An Austin Mountain Biking Skills challenge for all to witness."... LOL... What are you... 13 years old?

"...my brother..." is related to you coming to me and telling me that you're a Christian. Remember that... You telling me how much you appreciated my speaking openly about my being a Christian?

"...In all of those instances, I've expressed my gratitude for their willingness to make sacrifices on my behalf."... But I never asked you to sacrifice anything for me... You asked me if I'd like to go ride with you. My brother — in Christ — it never once crossed my mind that there was some sort of sacrifice being made on your part to teach me how to ride better, as I never asked you to. The most I thought you might do is show me parts of the trail system that I wasn't familiar with, which you did, and for which I appreciated your time and effort and thanked you for. What more were you expecting... Should I have sent you a flower arrangement?

As for "...Posting jump videos and asking for critiques? Are you seriously considering getting air? Please do it on that antiquated bike - you'll be my hero!..."... I have no desire to be anyone's hero. But I certainly am thinking about trying to do higher jumps than I do now... And maybe I will, or maybe I won't... Who knows... But honestly... For you to get all emotionally twisted about a middle aged man riding an "...antiquated bike..." inquiring about what it takes to jump 2 or 3 foot jumps... Dude... Come on now... Surely there's more to your life.

"...Out!..."... Honestly... You should never have come in in the first place.

My brother... Holding to your offended feelings is surely poor form before the Lord. Perhaps one day, when you get over them we can have fellowship on how to take them captive so as not to let them rule you.

Stay safe my brother... And as I've said before... Try just riding instead of whining. 

41BEF87A-E990-4BC5-8C22-69AE48ACFF0E.thumb.jpeg.f6ea38b8a2894b6c7f39895873a6ba88.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

"The Cannondale 4X is the kind of bike we should all be riding. It is the most versatile type of bike you could buy. I’m no XC racer but I never felt it hold me back on the climbs and while my dirt jumping skills are pathetic I had more fun and confidence on this bike then any other I’ve been on. The best thing though is that when you point it down a trail its rips. It’s not a DH bike but it feels very comfortable at speed and it can take a beating as good as any bike out there. If you are looking for a mid-travel bike the 4X should be on your short list especially if you are want something that might turn a few heads on the mountain."

p4pb903192.jpg

So... you're referencing a 14-year old article to back up your claims about your bike not being antiquated?

I'm sure the reviews of the Model-T were glowing, but that doesn't mean it would compare favorably (in terms of performance) to any modern car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

p4pb903192.jpg

...14 years ago.

But seriously, old bikes are cool and I'm certainly not one to poke at riders on old bikes; Gotdurt of 15 years ago, hell, even 10 years ago, would kick my arse all over the place on his 100mm 2001 FSR Comp, on everything but the roughest, fast descents. BUT... he'd kick it even worse on one of my newer bikes... so there's that. And, truth be told, if the frame hadn't cracked back in 2013, I might have ridden the FSR even longer (the frame, everything else on it had changed by then).

But... I also wouldn't be arguing how awesome and relevant it still is; I am a realist after all. I do still have a couple of my oldest bikes, and they had similar reviews back in the late 80's and early 90's, but I certainly wouldn't use that to argue their relevance in 2020.

My point is that it's cool that you're still enjoying that bike, I would too, but I would stop short of arguing that it's still on par with anything new, or even from the past 5 years; things have progressed a LOT over the past 10, more than the previous 20.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

So... you're referencing a 14-year old article to back up your claims about your bike not being antiquated?

I'm sure the reviews of the Model-T were glowing, but that doesn't mean it would compare favorably (in terms of performance) to any modern car.

Did I say that?

No, right.

Dude... It's me riding the bike... Not you, or anyone else. Stick to your stuff. Be happy you're all up-to-date and new.

45 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

I also wouldn't be arguing how awesome and relevant it still is;

but I would stop short of arguing that it's still on par with anything new, or even from the past 5 years; things have progressed a LOT over the past 10, more than the previous 20.

Thing is... I'm not arguing either point... Nor am I trying to say an old bike is on par with new bikes... Because I certainly don't think they are.

I'm just poking at the silliness of his immature attempts at mocking me.

gotdurt... you know this has been taking place since years ago on MOJO... You'd think folks would know by now what's going to happen when they go down the silly street. And since it seems some don't... I'm just doing them the favor of helping them remember.

And since I seemed to have twisted someone with a 14-year old photo of someone jumping on a old Cannondale Prophet...

Here a video from last year it seems, of some mellow small jumps... Definitely not pro stuff... But still... Jumps... And the rider seems to be having fun.... Which brings us back to what the point of riding is... Having... Fun.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6V-E4pTAEww&psig=AOvVaw0XYpqMCXi17hp6iyvpsEyw&ust=1588264293480000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCKCe0d2HjukCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Edited by RidingAgain

8 minutes ago, notyal said:

Hmm, this brings up an interesting question. Is "BS" one word?

Technically, it is 2 letters, yet the long form of this abbreviation can be written acceptably as just 1 word.

I didnt think it was going to be you who called me on that 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Rain gauge here shows ~1” and it did pour here for awhile. Trails were muddy earlier this morning. It’s drying fast though with the sun and wind. Bet it’s good to go tomorrow. 

I know I was woken up at 5am or so with that crazy thunderstorm that rolled through.  And all the recycling bins that were still on the curb on my street were blown over (they showed up in the evening yesterday, so forgot to bring that in). 

Curbs look good, though!

..Al

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Albert said:

I know I was woken up at 5am or so with that crazy thunderstorm that rolled through.  And all the recycling bins that were still on the curb on my street were blown over (they showed up in the evening yesterday, so forgot to bring that in). 

Curbs look good, though!

..Al

Nice...