IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

What is a typical broken chain per year for a frequent rider?

0. If you break a chain you are doing something off. Like poor maintenance. Bad shifting habits under load. Etc

I'm not saying it hasnt happen to me. Mostly my first few years learning the ropes I broke a few . But it is not typical and not expected for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, horncpa said:

So say my number is 3.  Granted, I’m fat.  What am I doing wrong?  

Bad shifting times maybe? I'm waiting for mine to break as I always screw up my shift times and end up shifting under load going up hill and get big CLUNK! I expect it to break every time I do that. 

Edited by quixoft

For me, they only break if neglected or I use them well past their intended life and wear... with that said, I can go a couple of years or more on a chain, and replace when they start showing signs of excessive wear, before breakage. I squeeze all I can out of them, but breaks are rare..

7 hours ago, Cafeend said:

What does this have to with BC? Focus man, Focus

Haha my bad for getting him amped up, especially on my own favorite thread. Sorry about the distraction. I'm searching through all of the posts now though to see if there is a YouTube instructional posted on that curb straddle maneuver.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never broke a chain not even when riding road. I typically ease up peddling just a bit when shifting. Sometimes breaking a chain can be improper installation. Especially on Shimano chains that use a pin for installation. Shimano chains have a specific orientation and the pin has to go in from a certain direction and you need to be sure you don't drive the pin in too far and damage the tiny edge that keeps the pin in place. 

11 hours ago, throet said:

Haha my bad for getting him amped up, especially on my own favorite thread. Sorry about the distraction. I'm searching through all of the posts now though to see if there is a YouTube instructional posted on that curb straddle maneuver.  

That's okay... You couldn't help yourself (as is further exposed in your above comment that continues your whining). Your offended feelings just got the better of you. It's normal for weak disposition people. As is dishonesty. And hey... No need for a YouTube video on the curb straddle maneuver... Just use your memory... And not add dishonesty to it.

5 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I feel like I'm back in high school. Can we just not do this shit here anymore. I mean you guys do you. But maybe elsewhere . Or maybe I'm the one with the issue and just need to take a hiatus again.

Not just you. It takes away from the purpose of this thread. These guys need to grab dinner together, maybe a movie, and then see where things go from there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I feel like I'm back in high school. Can we just not do this shit here anymore. I mean you guys do you. But maybe elsewhere . Or maybe I'm the one with the issue and just need to take a hiatus again.

In the account settings you can add an “ignored user”. 

it gives you an option to ignore that user’s posts and any mentions from that user. It doesn’t completely erase all the BS but cleans up threads like this quite a bit. 

Edited by WLemke
  • Like 3

In the account settings you can add an “ignored user”. 

it gives you an option to ignore that user’s posts and any mentions from that user. It doesn’t completely erase all the BS but cleans up threads like this quite a bit. 
Yea I'm sure. But they also usually have valid stuff to add. Just not when it gets to this point.

• Like 3

Back on topic... WTF is this nonsense? We stopped blocking the B-line, yet that's not enough? My irritation has been renewed; every time I have to replace these rocks, I'm going to add more and build it bigger...

20200430_084416.jpg

In other news. I surprised a runner in a spot where we couldn't see each other until it was too late. I had just come out of a descent and had started a short climb with some momentum, and he was coming down the hill around a bend; when he saw me he jumped, waving his hands with an animated look on his face, like a little girl that had seen a big spider... I laughed so hard I almost lost my balance...

Then I got a flat.

Edited by gotdurt

3 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Back on topic... WTF is this nonsense? We stopped blocking the B-line, yet that's not enough? My irritation has been renewed; every time I have to replace these rocks, I'm going to add more and build it bigger...

20200430_084416.jpg

I noticed this on Monday. At the time, there were a bunch of branches piled up on the B line. Have they already been removed?