IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

What's missing from this picture? (hint: on west Picnic, facing east)

20200506_090351.thumb.jpg.9ad357bd006f564994177931ef4ba943.jpg

Yep, some jackass removed the first cedar bump-jump. This is getting ridiculous... Might be able to move it back, but I don't know if it will be as stable as it was before.

Dude what the fuck! 

My guess is that it isn’t a mtn biker doing this. Hikers are probably seeing this as a hazard to their precious self. 

Im busy prepping my yard for resod but afterwards I vote we add new features in place of where these fuckers are removing logs. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Yep, some jackass removed the first cedar bump-jump. This is getting ridiculous... Might be able to move it back, but I don't know if it will be as stable as it was before.

I rode that today and said out loud “where the fuck is the log??” 

Dude what the fuck! 

My guess is that it isn’t a mtn biker doing this. Hikers are probably seeing this as a hazard to their precious self. 

Im busy prepping my yard for resod but afterwards I vote we add new features in place of where these fuckers are removing logs. 

Let's organize a day to do these spots. I say we go more extreme with it. Make real features. Like stacked log rolls and rock features cemented in place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

12 hours ago, gotdurt said:

I rode this trail 3X last week and put it back each time. The trail is now flush with neighbor hood walkers and dogs with legs too short to get over these.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Let's organize a day to do these spots

I'm new to Cedar Park and considering I'm riding 50+ miles at Brushy every week, I'd love to help out. My company gave everyone a "Mental Health" day off tomorrow and I'm mostly wide open this weekend.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Let's organize a day to do these spots. I say we go more extreme with it. Make real features. Like stacked log rolls and rock features cemented in place.

Sounds good. Let me know when and if I need to pick up anything. 

27 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

I rode this trail 3X last week and put it back each time. The trail is now flush with neighbor hood walkers and dogs with legs too short to get over these.

I rode at sunrise this morning and the log was back.  I think all the moving back and forth has made it loose and stick up much higher, but had I not seen this post i wouldn't have known it was removed.  

I call BS on that. My corgi can clear that log easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/4/2020 at 1:29 PM, gotdurt said:

Of all the things can could stimulate me to finally get over to check out Ninja, this may be the one that succeeds...
@Yosmithy, you up for a "ride"?

Sorry, didn't see this earlier. I haven't been out this week. Let me know a time you want to head out.

16 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

It is no higher than a curb, most people can clear a curb right?

While riding... You'd think so, right... Especially people who have been riding mountain bikes for 25 years. Even raced them and podiumed. But who really knows. Thankfully, as I said, there's always the "...straddle technique...". Just bringing it up in case anyone who moves logs didn't know they didn't have to, even if they couldn't ride over it.

Yet... Thinking about it... A curb is a little different, as it is like a step up. Whereas... A log is a step... over.

In the words of George Costanza... "Step up... Step over... Step up... Step over... See that... Two different things... Ya got that, Jerry?"

Edited by RidingAgain
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

maybe instead of black diamonds, blue squares, and green circles, they should just rate trails on the Curb rating? 

Sounds more logical.

Curbs are something most people are familiar with, and understand require some extra effort to handle/overcome.

And the word "...curb..." also defines to restrain or keep in check... Which is definitely a disposition all (or most) mountain bikers should have when riding trails.

I dig it.

24 minutes ago, Barry said:

Just curious if I nailed the technique, or am I missing something? 

Absofukinglutely.

And damn... You beat me to it. I even went out and bought a GoPro to produce the video.

But note... You did choose the more difficult — and dangerous — technique. See, you left your bike hanging out in the paved area. If that was a road, then sorry to say... You may have been a goner if a vehicle had come along.

The safer technique is the parallel "...straddle technique..."... Where you pull up to the curb parallel to the sidewalk. That way you cut down on the potential threat of a passing car taking you out. Also... If you know what you're doing you can handle the entire lift procedure of the bike in one go... Holding to the center of the top tube and lifting the entire bike onto the sidewalk in one motion, thus saving energy for your trail riding.

Maybe I should make that training video.

Edited by RidingAgain

4 hours ago, First-Blood said:

I can help out.  I'm usually free any time on weekends. Early mornings, a long lunch. or after work on weekdays. 

• Like 1