IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

The last several times I rode snaggle rock it was messed up.  Once W to E I caught myself as I crested it.  There was a hole in the top and almost got me.  Once I rode E to W and it was messed up, then W to E and it was messed up again.  So either it's too loose and getting messes up or more than one person kept messing with it.

• Like 1

I know it's kind of like giving up, but how about we just turn this into some kind of log feature that we can lag bolt, cable, wire together and be done with it? (yes, of course still have the none curb route to the side)

I thought it was a fun feature many years ago, but it's just been a PITA for a long time.

I had found some pretty decent size logs a while back that could be used??

• Like 1

I know it's kind of like giving up, but how about we just turn this into some kind of log feature that we can lag bolt, cable, wire together and be done with it? (yes, of course still have the none curb route to the side)
I thought it was a fun feature many years ago, but it's just been a PITA for a long time.
I had found some pretty decent size logs a while back that could be used??

I am 100 percent cool with this being a skinny type feature. You wanna build it? Or at least design it and see where we can source materials

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I am 100 percent cool with this being a skinny type feature. You wanna build it? Or at least design it and see where we can source materials

I envision something similar to log feature on east side of Peddler's Pass.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Yuppers, let me get our engineers working on design.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Skinny here that goes through the trees than curves to the right would be sweeeetttttt, but I’ll let the elves engineer a feature. 

that was what I started to think as well. My other thought was a bit of a table top area in between the trees, and that gives some options of adding another little step or something.

Still thinking.

22 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

The last several times I rode snaggle rock it was messed up.  Once W to E I caught myself as I crested it.  There was a hole in the top and almost got me.  Once I rode E to W and it was messed up, then W to E and it was messed up again.  So either it's too loose and getting messes up or more than one person kept messing with it.

I don't think it's "always" somebody messing with it. Unfortunately the picture shows that it obviously was someones doing. That being said I think a lot of the rearranging is more due to people dragging their brakes as they go over it and taking rocks with them. I know when I first started being able to get over it I had a tendency to rely on my brakes for control. There was also a lot less people riding brushy then. This issue has only recently started since more people ride there. I've gotten into some oh Shit! moments going both directions. I typically speed up to get over it but then when you realize it's been rearranged it's too late.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2020 at 5:17 PM, First-Blood said:

This is exactly what I pictured

Ok, The logs I was thinking about are not in that area..(sorry, feeble memory and all). Is there still a possibility of doing a skinny feature (or something) with lumber instead? We can still secure the shit out of it with rebar.

• Like 1

Ok, The logs I was thinking about are not in that area..(sorry, feeble memory and all). Is there still a possibility of doing a skinny feature (or something) with lumber instead? We can still secure the shit out of it with rebar.
Yes. Got lumber?

I got in a good couple hours this morning. Trails are primo. I pedalled from the house before 7 and was on singletrack before 7:30. I was surprised how many folks were out that early but it was way better than the other times I have gone.Get you some!

• Like 1