IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I got in a good couple hours this morning. Trails are primo. I pedalled from the house before 7 and was on singletrack before 7:30. I was surprised how many folks were out that early but it was way better than the other times I have gone.Get you some!

I was on the trails between 7:30 and 9:30 and it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, WLemke said:

A perfect practice ride for when its 104 in a few months. 

I'd rather ride when it is actually 104, after the humidity has burned off. There's no such thing as "real feel" or "feels like"; only hot, gross, or hot and gross.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

I'd rather ride when it is actually 104, after the humidity has burned off. There's no such thing as "real feel" or "feels like"; only hot, gross, or hot and gross.

100% agree. I'll take Phoenix at 105 deg with 20% humidity vs Houston at 95 deg with 90% humidity.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, quixoft said:

100% agree. I'll take Phoenix at 105 deg with 20% humidity vs Houston at 95 deg with 90% humidity.

Bingo. I lived in Mesa for a few years after growing up in Huntsville and Houston, then moved back to Austin in August... then visited my parents in Houston a couple weeks later... it was an eye-opener. Preheat your oven to about 200, then run your dishwasher to the dry cycle, then open each with your face near the opening... Feel the same? Nope, there's your difference.

Summer humidity in Phoenix is usually below 10%, and I've seen the "feels like" go backward below 5%... "real feel", lol.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, quixoft said:

I'll take 92°F at 50% humidity over 70°F at 85% humidity. I just can't stand it.  I also don't mind hotter and drier but it means carrying a lot more water for me.

• Like 3

On 5/15/2020 at 4:18 PM, AntonioGG said:

I'll take 92°F at 50% humidity over 70°F at 85% humidity. I just can't stand it.  I also don't mind hotter and drier but it means carrying a lot more water for me.

Same. Went a couple times last summer during "morning" hours (before noon, anyway) and the humidity killed me. I'm not a profuse sweater, so humidity generally doesn't bother me too much, but compared to the hotter afternoons/evening, it was unbearable. 

Went and checked trails today at East Deception entrance and entrance to the Hollows. I thought it was too wet for tomorrow morning. 

Spotted a guy on an Intense (sup if you’re on here) and his wife/gf/sister/? Coming out of the trail onto Dodge Cattle and he said it was too wet today but should be ok tomorrow some time. 

Hoping to get continued drying tomorrow and to ride at least deception at 5pm. 🤞🏼

18 hours ago, Morealice said:

Went and checked trails today at East Deception entrance and entrance to the Hollows. I thought it was too wet for tomorrow morning. 

Spotted a guy on an Intense (sup if you’re on here) and his wife/gf/sister/? Coming out of the trail onto Dodge Cattle and he said it was too wet today but should be ok tomorrow some time. 

Hoping to get continued drying tomorrow and to ride at least deception at 5pm. 🤞🏼

That was probably Greg and Shiela. 

Here’s my assessment...

Trail report: Peddlers, Picnic, and Mulligan are too wet to ride this morning. Picnic may be okay by this afternoon, but for now it’s very soft. 1/4 Notch is rideable but not primo. East entrance saw zero to minimal dirt pickup on tires. Deception is damp this morning making it hazardous but will be okay this afternoon once some sun burns off the surface moisture. 

Unless you’re dying to ride I’d personally wait until late afternoon or tomorrow when more trails will be in better shape.

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Maybe they should spend some money to repair that feature.  It’s missing board right now. 

Hahahaha. There is so much funny about this. Not so much your comment. Because you may not have the inside scoop. But the fact that it is being advertised by them. It's not even on their land and they have nothing to do with it. It was built rogue and remains such . Who even IS ...Go RR?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk 

• Like 2

It was a rhetorical question. And i said it cause i enjoy that they like the trail (feature) but it isn't RR. And isnt a trail general public needs to know.  
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly, read the comments and if it wasn’t frustrating enough on brushy this past few months, holy hell now what, [emoji2369] I am by no means against people knowing of the trail but fuck to advertise it like that is kinda ughh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, manuels61 said:

My thoughts exactly, read the comments and if it wasn’t frustrating enough on brushy this past few months, holy hell now what, emoji2369.png I am by no means against people knowing of the trail but fuck to advertise it like that is kinda 

It’s the RR Convention and Visitors Bureau - prolly some overly enthusiastic intern.

7 hours ago, manuels61 said:

My thoughts exactly, read the comments and if it wasn’t frustrating enough on brushy this past few months, holy hell now what, emoji2369.png I am by no means against people knowing of the trail but fuck to advertise it like that is kinda ughh!

Yeah, I  feel sick. 

13 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Ads for BC on Facebook? 

20200519_190758.jpg

This is going to be my comment on Facebook

"@Go Round Rock, the City of Cedar Park thanks you for promoting amenities in their City, it's very neighborly of you 😆. These "Epic Bike Trails" and the wood feature in the picture are miles outside of Round Rock 😆

Hopefully it prompts them to take it down.

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

BTW, I still have that rebar.  I never heard back. Someone tell me where I can drop it off.

I got your message, tried to respond in DM, but maybe it didn't go through. I'm off on Friday, and can try to meet up to get from you?

I already have a pile of lumber, and a bit of a plan (Thanks gotdirt). So, hopefully get started on Snaggle soon.

Thanks,