IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

58 minutes ago, horncpa said:

Peddlers pass was all good except two low spots on East side between Parmer and concrete path.   I left chain up due to that.   Should be gtg tomorrow. 

I hope that wasn’t you that I almost killed coming down BCB swag bail out about an hour ago.

Whoever it was, I’m sorry. I was hanging on for dear life too. 

11 hours ago, horncpa said:

Nice vids @Morris where is the location of the first 2 drops you did on that video?   

That wooden drop is at the jaws loop at reville peak ranch might be 4-5ft if you land deeper maybe 5-6ft. The one with the root is at walnut. A little scary to clear the first couple of feet to make it nicer  but not that hard if you drop close. 

On Tuesday I did the Drama Drop on Snail for the first time....on accident.  I hadn't ridden Snail in over a month and just forgot which side the ramp was on.  Rolled up to it slowly, but not slow enough to stop.  Realized the ramp was on the left as I started going over the edge.  Somehow i just rolled down and stayed rubber side down. 

On the bright side, I'm not as scared of the drop as I used to be!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

On Tuesday I did the Drama Drop on Snail for the first time....on accident.  I hadn't ridden Snail in over a month and just forgot which side the ramp was on.  Rolled up to it slowly, but not slow enough to stop.  Realized the ramp was on the left as I started going over the edge.  Somehow i just rolled down and stayed rubber side down. 

Holy smokes.  Did you roll that drop?   Or did you make the transition.

12 minutes ago, horncpa said:

Holy smokes.  Did you roll that drop?   Or did you make the transition.

Didn't even get close to the transition.  There are a couple bigger rocks on the way down that my front wheel caught on to prevent me from going over the bars and then I landed in front of the transition.  Again, still don't know how I didn't go over.

Edited by Kobra Kai MTB Guy

15 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Didn't even get close to the transition.  There are a couple bigger rocks on the way down that my front wheel caught on to prevent me from going over the bars and then I landed in front of the transition.  Again, still don't know how I didn't go over.

Wow, I can't even imagine the oh shit butt puckering factor there in that spot.   

18 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Do you mean the new line on the left side of snail with an 8 foot drop and a steep ramp on the left side of it? 

I can't even try root drop at walnut and I've ridden there over a decade. Reason: Corn on the cob is delicious.

I have to remind myself some of you have been mtb as long as I started playing drums and guitar (13yo). I don't have to win everything. :)

Edited by Bamwa
  • Like 1

Despite the high humidity, mornings still feel fine for riding between 8-10. Hope that doesn't change too soon. Had problems with horseflies (or one m'f'n pesky horsefly) early on in my ride on 1/4. Kept getting bit through the back of my shirt. Then I felt a stinging pain on my calf and looked down to see an inch-and-a-half long bastard munching on my leg. In 6 years of riding Brushy I've never been bothered by horseflies. Hope they haven't moved up here from City Park.  

10 minutes ago, throet said:

Despite the high humidity, mornings still feel fine for riding between 8-10. Hope that doesn't change too soon. Had problems with horseflies (or one m'f'n pesky horsefly) early on in my ride on 1/4. Kept getting bit through the back of my shirt. Then I felt a stinging pain on my calf and looked down to see an inch-and-a-half long bastard munching on my leg. In 6 years of riding Brushy I've never been bothered by horseflies. Hope they haven't moved up here from City Park.  

I bought some tanglefoot to make traps for those flies years ago but have not used it.  It involves getting some blue solo plates (they're apparently attracted to blue) and slathering this stuff on the plates.  I bought the tanglefoot right after a nightmarish ride through City Park where I got bitten 26 times through shorts and jersey, but I wasn't sure about what kind of permission I'd need to deploy them.

Here is a link to show you what it looks like.  I've seen pictures of people that attached a blue plate to their pack and it was covered with the flies.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Deer-Fly-Traps/

Edited by AntonioGG
Added link
  • Like 1