IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I’ve noticed that on the BCGB, they come soon after heavy rain during the summer. Interesting thing is they don’t really bother when on main trail by the creek, but once u go up to trails like Sweet 16, look out! There are a few techniques- don’t wear primary colors like Blue, if one or more are strafing and u can’t outrun them, stop then wave your hands to keep them off your torso, and wait for one to land on your leg or arm, be ready and wait until they are about to bite (u can see them do this) at that moment they are completely vulnerable and you can easily kill them. I remember one day when I killed like 19 of them.

I’ve also considered treating my riding clothes in permethrin. May try that soon.

• Like 1

I haven't scoped the new lines out much but are there going to be issues with lines crossing? I know some stuff is still being built, just wondering how much folks need to be on the lookout for someone else bombing down a different line and getting beaned.

The drop from the top of the bridge down to the beginning of Picnic X comes to mind. Not a fan of that intersection.

Edited by GFisher

I haven't scoped the new lines out much but are there going to be issues with lines crossing? I know some stuff is still being built, just wondering how much folks need to be on the lookout for someone else bombing down a different line and getting beaned.
The drop from the top of the bridge down to the beginning of Picnic X comes to mind. Not a fan of that intersection.
I think the bad intersection at Picnic and the trail has more potential for trauma than Snail.

Snail everyone theoretically starts at the top and you and another rider would pretty much come down any of the trails at the same time or at least you would very likely be aware of another rider in your vicinity

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think the bad intersection at Picnic and the trail has more potential for trauma than Snail.

Snail everyone theoretically starts at the top and you and another rider would pretty much come down any of the trails at the same time or at least you would very likely be aware of another rider in your vicinity

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Forecast shows temps in the high 60s/low 70s and low humidity in the morning Wed thru Fri. Great weather and usually I'm alone on my early morning rides and don't see anyone until about 8am on the way back in. Better than this past week for sure!

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 1:14 PM, quixoft said:

Forecast shows temps in the high 60s/low 70s and low humidity in the morning Wed thru Fri. Great weather and usually I'm alone on my early morning rides and don't see anyone until about 8am on the way back in. Better than this past week for sure!

Amen. It was, dare I say, chilly this morning!

• Like 4

On 6/8/2020 at 1:14 PM, quixoft said:

Thank you so much for posting this. I actually had no intention of riding today knowing what the temps and humidity have been like lately. Been so busy too with work that I haven't even bothered with the weather reports. Then I saw this post this morning and luckily had a break between 11-1 to go ride. It was phenomenal for June late morning. Stayed mostly in the shade riding Snail, Rim, and DD and my t-shirt was nearly dry when I finished.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, throet said:

Thank you so much for posting this. I actually had no intention of riding today knowing what the temps and humidity have been like lately. Been so busy too with work that I haven't even bothered with the weather reports. Then I saw this post this morning and luckily had a break between 11-1 to go ride. It was phenomenal for June late morning. Stayed mostly in the shade riding Snail, Rim, and DD and my t-shirt was nearly dry when I finished.   

Same here. I was pretty much ready to park the bike for the summer, but it looks like I'll get to squeeze out a couple more rides before the steam takes over.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, No.Division said:

Noticed a lot of big branches being dragged into the trails lately.. Moved that Monday morning. If for some reason it was there on purpose I apologize. 

IMG_4743.thumb.jpg.f141bd713a6873bc8ce0a1b14e0a2664.jpg

Yeah I've been moving a few as well on DD that have been much smaller than that but definitely enough to take out some spokes.  

3 hours ago, throet said:

No problem.  Supposed to be the same thru Sat morning as of right now.  We'll be back out there at 630am the rest of the week for pre work rides. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throet said:

Yeah I've been moving a few as well on DD that have been much smaller than that but definitely enough to take out some spokes.  

I did DD for the first time ever a few days ago east to west.  Got through it just fine although I had to walk quite a few spots. No idea how y'all are getting up those 3' rocks at the end of a climb. 

But it was all worth it for those fast flowing sections toward the end!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, quixoft said:

I did DD for the first time ever a few days ago east to west.  Got through it just fine although I had to walk quite a few spots. No idea how y'all are getting up those 3' rocks at the end of a climb. 

But it was all worth it for those fast flowing sections toward the end!

By y'all you mean all those other horses out there who make shit look easy. There are a few spots that I don't even attempt.

Sounds like you're referring to Jammer. The easier line IMO is actually up the gut to the left of those 3 staggered rocks. It's a bigger step up but requires much less thrust. I've only done it once myself and honestly think it might have been when somebody had a small cheater rock in front of the higher step up.  

11 minutes ago, throet said:

By y'all you mean all those other horses out there who make shit look easy. There are a few spots that I don't even attempt.

Sounds like you're referring to Jammer. The easier line IMO is actually up the gut to the left of those 3 staggered rocks. It's a bigger step up but requires much less thrust. I've only done it once myself and honestly think it might have been when somebody had a small cheater rock in front of the higher step up.  

EBD would be the main one "after a climb", I suppose there's a bit of a climb up to Jammer...Jammer is tougher, IMO than EBD. 

I got REAL lucky when we did this video, I cleaned everything on this ride, no dabs, no double take, reshoots. 

Jammer:

EBD:

Edited by rugger
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, throet said:

That looks to be peddlers pass, if so then you did the right thing by moving it.

edit: quoted the wrong response, was supposed to be to @No.Division post.  

Edited by Skyyhorn
  • Like 1