IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

There is 1 storm cell hitting the area right now as I gear up for a morning ride. 

I suspect any of the dirt trails will eat this up quickly because it’s been so dry, but the rocky trails (1/4 and DD) will be a bit slick this morning. 

ETA: okay this is a huge fucking cell and it is dumping. I am pissed Mother Nature is going to make me have a roadie type ride. 

Edited by bestbike85
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SuperSlow said:

I was gonna ride at 7am, heard the thunder and slept in, then was hoping to ride this afternoon...looks like a fathers day ride instead...

I'm so envious of people that can go back to sleep.  Once I'm up I'm up.  Road ride today it is for me.

1 hour ago, SuperSlow said:

And it just started raining again near brushy just now...not looking good at all.

Oh yea. I did a roadie-ish ride through brushy with some suburban ninja to red horn then back home. ~17 miles and it rained every minutes of it. I’d be amazed if trails are good today. 

Edited by bestbike85

33 minutes ago, bestbike85 said:

Oh yea. I did a roadie-ish ride through brushy with some suburban ninja to red horn then back home. ~17 miles and it rained every minutes of it. I’d be amazed if trails are good today. 

As in, you rode Suburban Ninja today when it was wet? It’s been raining here at Brushy since at least 6AM. 

21 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

As in, you rode Suburban Ninja today when it was wet? It’s been raining here at Brushy since at least 6AM. 

Staying on the high side of SN is completely different soil from anything at brushy from my experience. I got to red horn and still had brushy gravel stuck to my tires with near zero mud from SN. 

• Like 2

Brushy Update! 

Trails are drying quickly! Rim, 1/4 Notch are good to go with Picnic not too far behind. Snail is super soft due to the shade, advised to allow more time to dry. Peddlers is getting really close and should be good to go with more sun. 

Watch for spicy rocky/roots sections which remain slick. 

Thanks to Skyyhorn (Scott W) for the update!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Morealice said:

Trails are boobs right now. Rode today 5:30-8:30pm. HOT AF. 

I’d love to know the story behind this new sign on Deception East (aka quarter notch *gag) just above Dub Step

16DC9C30-278B-46B1-9443-422CB57535B6.jpeg

I've been meaning to ask the same...