IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 6/20/2020 at 11:05 AM, bestbike85 said:

Oh yea. I did a roadie-ish ride through brushy with some suburban ninja to red horn then back home. ~17 miles and it rained every minutes of it. I’d be amazed if trails are good today. 

Is there a map of SN anywhere online?  I've only ridden it once and didn't really know where I was going or didn't know if there was a general flow and direction that everyone tends to follow like at Walnut Creek.  Are the trails there bidirectional?  I was also hoping to find the best way through to Brushy and to the Christ Church features.

11 hours ago, Morealice said:

Trails are boobs right now. Rode today 5:30-8:30pm. HOT AF. 

I’d love to know the story behind this new sign on Deception East (aka quarter notch *gag) just above Dub Step

16DC9C30-278B-46B1-9443-422CB57535B6.jpeg

It was originally going to be called Brokeback Mountain but that name was already taken on Peddlers Pass...

00FA5278-5399-4132-BEC1-81C1B0CAFC96.jpeg

11 minutes ago, pjs32000 said:

Is there a map of SN anywhere online?  I've only ridden it once and didn't really know where I was going or didn't know if there was a general flow and direction that everyone tends to follow like at Walnut Creek.  Are the trails there bidirectional?  I was also hoping to find the best way through to Brushy and to the Christ Church features.

i am not aware of a good map, you can look at my strava,

https://www.strava.com/activities/3550074619

in general if you follow the creek, you'll end up at the cul-de-sac, then you can ride Walsh Hill Trail over the BCRT. there's a little tunnel under Brushy Creek Road:

the trails around the church are confusing, you just kinda have to get lost out there, the jump line is pretty much right (a couple hundred feet) behind the church.

Edited by circuitbreaker
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, pjs32000 said:

My suggestion is just ride everything you see, ride trails in both directions. I find that 2 loops in particular flow (for me) waaaay better than I see 99% of people riding them. 

Also, strava-stalk and see what others are riding, use the flyby feature and see if people ride in different directions, it's also a good way to find new trails in the area your ride was in. 

Re: Church - what @circuitbreaker said, just ride and get lost, I've found what works for me via trial and error. I go through the gate, go right at the first 2 interconnections, then I stay left until I reach the Fire Station, then ride the double track across from it, to the single track which leads to the jumps and drops. 

Forgive my unconventional start from my house - I have a low water crossing to the Penis Peninsula I am using to ride to/from home. https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvE979M9wv 
Note: I will be throwing down some trail on the east side of Brushy, across from SN. 

Here's another where I start from Peddler/RH, https://www.relive.cc/view/vDqgJBk1wG6

Edited by rugger
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, First-Blood said:

If you're too lazy to take off a shrader valve adapter you are definitely gonna be lazy to bunny hop a snake.

That's the way I carry mine on each bike; one on the back, always there when I need it, mostly when tweaking pressures with the compressor before leaving the house.

Thought I would get in a ride before the rains, but apparently so did everyone else. Trails were packed this evening. I went OTB at the beginning of my ride; dropped into PX, went under the bridge, up the bank on the left to dip back across the creek, and on the downside met another guy coming in the opposite direction... went OTB trying to avoid the head-on dropping in. Banged up my thigh and bad wrist while taking a rock into my lower back... it's a Whiskey night, for sure. 

Then, on PX proper, passed never-ending group ride... everyone was pretty cool as we made room to pass each other, but shortly after that a newb came peddling as hard as he could toward me... I moved over make room expecting him to do the same... but he didn't... he held the center line and we came fist-to-fist... Didn't affect me much so I almost didn't even turn around, but when I did, I saw that it separated him from his bike  and sent both flying into the trees, lol. Poor kid was dazzed...

The rest was a sweatfest and an exercise in avoiding other riders; I think I'm done for the summer. Y'all have fun.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, gotdurt said:

shortly after that a newb came pedaling as hard as he could toward me... I moved over make room expecting him to do the same... but he didn't... he held the center line

I'm seeing that more and more. The other day I got tired of being the guy going into the weeds so I held my line on one side of the trail. Startled the shit out of one guy who I guess expected me to bail off of the trail for him.

15 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Wait,, New Trail by Candyland and all that?

East of Brushy Creek proper, north of Walsh Lake...opposite Suburban Ninja. Nothing too exciting...it's more of a venture for me to have a few miles of dirt between my backyard and Ninja. It won't last, once the South Indigo (big empty spot between my start/end and Suburban) property is developed it'll be gone, or most of it will. 

Edited by rugger
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, GreenMTBrider said:

It was originally going to be called Brokeback Mountain but that name was already taken on Peddlers Pass...

00FA5278-5399-4132-BEC1-81C1B0CAFC96.jpeg

But did someone actually break their leg there? I need the juicy details. Stories like that give me life. 

Couple weeks ago was riding with a friend and we came up on a guy freshly crashed in The Trap on Deception East and my buddy was in front. He stopped suddenly and was like “whoa” and I rolled up. My first instinct (and what I did) was to bust out laughing and make fun of the guy since he didn’t seem to be hurt other than pride (his friends were just sitting there staring at him). He took it semi-well, and I later saw him at Swag and apologized, gotta love carnage. I crashed yesterday in the stupid spot above mooseknuckle that JCarney was having trouble with. 

6 hours ago, Morealice said:

But did someone actually break their leg there? I need the juicy details. Stories like that give me life. 

Couple weeks ago was riding with a friend and we came up on a guy freshly crashed in The Trap on Deception East and my buddy was in front. He stopped suddenly and was like “whoa” and I rolled up. My first instinct (and what I did) was to bust out laughing and make fun of the guy since he didn’t seem to be hurt other than pride (his friends were just sitting there staring at him). He took it semi-well, and I later saw him at Swag and apologized, gotta love carnage. I crashed yesterday in the stupid spot above mooseknuckle that JCarney was having trouble with. 

I have since conquered that feature. Still 50/50 on the giant slab that goes up just prior (where the orange rocks give warning that you'll soon be arriving at) 

10 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

I have since conquered that feature. Still 50/50 on the giant slab that goes up just prior (where the orange rocks give warning that you'll soon be arriving at) 

Good to hear. Heat was oppressive and I was trying to go slow and pick my way through there. That strategy just doesn’t work well out there and takes so much more energy it seems. 

Rode a bit at Brushy this morning. Deception was g2g, east 1/4 notch entrance is a little damp but rest of trail is fine. Picnic is actually still a tad soft. Got some dirt pickup on tires. This afternoon will be better. 

Didn’t have time to check anything else because I had to log in for work, but I imagine rim is g2g, snail may need til this afternoon and peddlers is probably just behind picnic in terms of being g2g. 

4 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Rode a bit at Brushy this morning. Deception was g2g, east 1/4 notch entrance is a little damp but rest of trail is fine. Picnic is actually still a tad soft. Got some dirt pickup on tires. This afternoon will be better. 

Didn’t have time to check anything else because I had to log in for work, but I imagine rim is g2g, snail may need til this afternoon and peddlers is probably just behind picnic in terms of being g2g. 

Did it rain over there this morning? I’m at 620 and Anderson Mill and we just got 15 mins of light rain. 

The "new" stuff on Snail is amazing!  I had not ridden BC proper for about 4 months due to a number of factors (health issues, 'Rona, crowds, ...) but we ventured over there yesterday. The plan was to check out Snail and then hit a bunch of other stuff, but once we started checking out all the new lines at Snail we ended up spending most of our time there.  It's crazy to see how much has changed and how much has been done in a relatively short amount of time.  Kudos to whoever is building all that. I'd like to help out some time if there is a scheduled work day.

• Like 4