IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

31 minutes ago, chuckt said:

It's been a while since I was over there, but I think the log(s) holding it up got mangled somehow. IDK remember if it was errosion, neglect or other.

Yeah, I haven't been on peddlers in awhile so last time I saw it was in good shape but a lot can happen in busy trails. Whole thing looks great BTW! I like the cedar fence rails and new berms on the Eastside. Watch out in the roller coaster/roost section, the dry leaves on the last turn make it super loose. 

1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

Yeah, I haven't been on peddlers in awhile so last time I saw it was in good shape but a lot can happen in busy trails.

Given the type of traffic that's been building up out there, perhaps it got degraded by the multitude of kickstands rolling over it. 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

What happened to the mini drop on Peddlers right after you cross W-E under Parmer? I'm not good at drops but I enjoyed that one for practice.

The log that was holding it up got knocked out of place a couple of months ago, so it's been slowly wearing down since then. It's on my list to fix. I've been spending my building time on Snail Trail the last couple of months. There's a berm next to the chainlink fence on the Eastside that needs attention first.

Edited by HoneyBadger

4 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

The log that was holding it up got knocked out of place a couple of months ago, so it's been slowly wearing down since then. It's on my list to fix. I've been spending my building time on Snail Trail the last couple of months. There's a berm next to the chainlink fence on the Eastside that needs attention first.

With the nice down slope with a run out and wide trail there available for a b line, would you be interested in putting in a small jump?   I’d help build. Was thinking no higher than the current jump under the bridge between the lake and softball field. 

Got out on the trail around 6:30pm last night when it appeared that we would elude any heavy rains. It was remarkably cool with nice breezes, albeit humid. Was the perfect opportunity to attack Double Down, which I've been avoiding during the summer heat. Rode relentlessly for a couple of hours with a single water bottle and no ill effects from heat. Also only ran into one other rider. Not sure if we'll avoid heavy rains again today but if so I'll probably be getting some more tonight.   

• Like 2

Cool find yesterday while building on Snail Trail...a fossil of a large snail (not joking, actually happened, charging block for size comparison).

115997584_1216375875372859_6913838359886098419_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=jXYYo1b5y4cAX-lug27&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=7f906368d8feee83b06fe9e60bc588d7&oe=5F4553BA

That is indeed a cool find. What are you gonna start the bidding at cause you know I want it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1