IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I had no clue there was a new page. Catch me up. What was wrong with the old way. I dont know all the pro's or cons.
Honey Badger and myself have been out putting some flavor into the flat lands of Peddlers. If it ever dries check it out. More to come as per usual.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First Blood said:

I had no clue there was a new page. Catch me up. What was wrong with the old way. I dont know all the pro's or cons.
Honey Badger and myself have been out putting some flavor into the flat lands of Peddlers. If it ever dries check it out. More to come as per usual.

Bots!

13 hours ago, First Blood said:

Welcome aboard!

Riding 1/4 notch and DD yesterday (sweating my ass off! ugh that was humid), I wondered about what it would take to make the trails rideable right after rain.  It seems like there are the trouble spots that take a while to dry (like 1/4 notch start on the east side) but the rest seems impervious to rain other than the usual mud holes.

4 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Riding 1/4 notch and DD yesterday (sweating my ass off! ugh that was humid), I wondered about what it would take to make the trails rideable right after rain.  It seems like there are the trouble spots that take a while to dry (like 1/4 notch start on the east side) but the rest seems impervious to rain other than the usual mud holes.

I rode Snail, Picnic, and 1/4 Notch early yesterday before it got hot, and the rocks on 1/4 Notch were super slick. We must have got a little bit of rain Sat night / Sun morning. I actually like riding 1/4 Notch under slick conditions now and again, as it really forces you to apply a completely different riding style. I chose not to push my luck on DD though given those slick conditions - much less margin for error there. Given the high heat and humidity later in the day, I was glad I took my chances early.

Those few muddy trouble spots unfortunately are getting bigger and bigger given that there has been no time to completely dry out. And by pure misfortune or act of the Trail Gods, they all seem to be right in front of limestone features that require some level of traction!  

• Like 1

Rode 1/4 Notch Saturday. Not terrible but not great some large puddles in places. Like Throet said always before a feature you need traction for. I was thinking what if we just turn those low lying areas that stay wet into rock gardens. Go out while it's wet and muddy and just pack largish rocks into the muddy sections. Once everting drys the rocks would be locked into the mud. Any thoughts?

Edited by Chief
  • Like 2

I think that's what people have started to do in the low spot at Mulligan, the problem being that more dirt keeps washing down.  So in some cases, I think improving drain down slope will fix the problem.  

In other longer flat areas, I was thinking ladder bridges, but I am guessing that wood features are a big no-no.

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

I think that's what people have started to do in the low spot at Mulligan, the problem being that more dirt keeps washing down.  So in some cases, I think improving drain down slope will fix the problem.  

In other longer flat areas, I was thinking ladder bridges, but I am guessing that wood features are a big no-no.

Talk with honey badger or first blood. I don’t think wood features are a no no, I think it’s more getting someone to fund the resources! Example being the wood ramp coming off nargasm needs to be replaced but no one is jumping to offer up $300+ in supplies to fix it!

1 hour ago, 4fun said:

Talk with honey badger or first blood. I don’t think wood features are a no no, I think it’s more getting someone to fund the resources! Example being the wood ramp coming off nargasm needs to be replaced but no one is jumping to offer up $300+ in supplies to fix it!

...especially considering that feature may be under water at the moment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

From what I understand wood features on 1/4 Notch and DD are not really what the county wants. Snail is a whole different story.

• Like 1