IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of strangely cool when my teen daughter comes home tonight and starts showing me pics of Snail Trail on her IG and TikTok. She isn't even a biker and it somehow fell into her world because its cool and she wanted to show me and asked if I knew of it.
Girl if you only knew...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

On 8/8/2020 at 10:04 PM, Cafeend said:

Kind of strangely cool when my teen daughter comes home tonight and starts showing me pics of Snail Trail on her IG and TikTok. She isn't even a biker and it somehow fell into her world because its cool and she wanted to show me and asked if I knew of it.
Girl if you only knew...

What did it show?

Edited by HoneyBadger

By the way.. the transition is scary with that thing

I assume you are talking about the shorter wood drop that sends you over the trail and into a bowl to a step up to the wall ride. Some folk have issue carrying enough speed through the switch berms. So there is a bypass that cuts out the first berm and drops you straighter into the feature to help with making it to the transition.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First-Blood said:

I assume you are talking about the shorter wood drop that sends you over the trail and into a bowl to a step up to the wall ride. Some folk have issue carrying enough speed through the switch berms. So there is a bypass that cuts out the first berm and drops you straighter into the feature to help with making it to the transition.

Jesus, it sounds scary with you just describing the features.  Yikes. 

• Like 1

with all the hard work going on...I remember coming across this awhile back and thinking snail trail would go away... hope that is not the case

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/75m-approved-for-frontage-road-extension-on-183a-in-cedar-park/amp/
It's extremely unlikely. Snail is in a water runoff ditch essentially... and... there is ample room for the access road before it even touches the trail. At worse I think the line that goes up concrete drainage might be affected.

13 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Anyone have a video of the new section on Snail?  Have tendinitis in my wrist and haven't been able to grip the handlebar (among other things...) with my right hand in two weeks.

Basically just picture the scariest thing imaginable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, horncpa said:

Donated!  Happy to help.  I'll probably never actually ride that new stuff on Snail, but y'all work hard on all kinds of stuff so I'm happy to help.   Are we still planning on moving the one ramp to Peddler's?  I'm ready to help with that.

Yes, i just keep getting side tracked with the Snail stuff.

21 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Anyone have a video of the new section on Snail?  Have tendinitis in my wrist and haven't been able to grip the handlebar (among other things...) with my right hand in two weeks.

Here's one of the new drops 

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1