IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I rolled up to that drop before I got injured and wasn't willing to do it.  The landing looked really short and steep and I was afraid of overshooting it.  Wouldn't mind having someone pull me in once I get better though.

Depends when you last looked at it. It is much mellower from a few months ago. You can case or huck to flat and be ok. Just dont be the pull up and dead fish guy trying to make it to the transition in lieu of lack of speed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[mention=141]HoneyBadger[/mention] THATS THE VIDEO YOU CHOOSE!? What about all the successful runs from people who dont pull up off a drop and dead fish. Haha

Looked like Randy Macho Man Savage snapping into a slim jim

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Hahahah. Now that you mention it....you right

I saw that dude over at Church jumps and literally made me laugh as I rode by. Not in a bad way but the total package. He killed the jumps btw

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Beautiful morning out at BC today. 65 degrees and no humidity when I got on the trails at 6:45. Only 72 when I was done at 8am. Almost perfect except for the leashless dog charging straight at me on Peddlers while the owner and his kid were 50 feet away. Harmless dog, just nearly made me crash. Guy just gave me a "Yeah, yeah" response when I told him that leashes were required out here. Yay. People.

36 minutes ago, quixoft said:

Beautiful morning out at BC today. 65 degrees and no humidity when I got on the trails at 6:45. Only 72 when I was done at 8am. 

I was out from about 8 to 10 but it was still really nice. Nice to rediscover some of that 20-30% of my power that seemed to have disappeared around May or June when things really started heating up.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Albert said:

That thunderstorm woke me up this morning around 6am and it was pouring for quite some time, then still rained for a while after that.

I think I’m just going to go and do a regional trail ride and walk to see how the rain is being soaked up. I’ll report back, but it’ll be late today. 

• Like 1

Usually in situations like today with super dry and then heavy rain, the stuff in the sun will usually be okay pretty quickly. It's the stuff in the shade that still might take a while. It'll still dry up faster but there will probably still be wet and muddy spots in gullies and very shady areas. Just be smart and check your tires. If you see mud sticking, wait another day.

1 hour ago, quixoft said:

Usually in situations like today with super dry and then heavy rain, the stuff in the sun will usually be okay pretty quickly. It's the stuff in the shade that still might take a while. It'll still dry up faster but there will probably still be wet and muddy spots in gullies and very shady areas. Just be smart and check your tires. If you see mud sticking, wait another day.

I rode to peddlers and checked the turn that stays in the sun all the time just before the rollers and it was still super soft. It was soft enough I attempted to flatten out the ruts someone left. I also hiked up rim and it was extremely soft since it’s in the shade, and there was running water at the first rock crossing. 

1/4 notch and double down might dry quicker than what I checked, but I’d guess no for tomorrow morning, but maybe for the afternoon. 

Was out walking the regional trail with the wife and took her to see the reason I bought a bigger bike (new stuff on snail). It looked like it may be okay by late afternoon today. Picnic looked like it won't be good to go until tomorrow. There were alot of riders out on both unfortunately. Just as a PSA I would suggest definitely scoping out all the lines on snail comprehensively before riding. There was a teenager riding the wrong way on the new big drop/jump line. I politely told him it was a one way trail, and tried to get the point across the what he was doing was extremely dangerous for him and any oncoming riders. I don't think it had any effect though.

• Like 2

Was out walking the regional trail with the wife and took her to see the reason I bought a bigger bike (new stuff on snail). It looked like it may be okay by late afternoon today. Picnic looked like it won't be good to go until tomorrow. There were alot of riders out on both unfortunately. Just as a PSA I would suggest definitely scoping out all the lines on snail comprehensively before riding. There was a teenager riding the wrong way on the new big drop/jump line. I politely told him it was a one way trail, and tried to get the point across the what he was doing was extremely dangerous for him and any oncoming riders. I don't think it had any effect though.
Good strategy all around.

14 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

How far in? Any pics?

It’s only about an 1/8 of a mile in on the east 1/4 Notch entrance. I just checked it out myself but didn’t take my phone with. Worked on it some with the pathetic tools I have but didn’t make much of a dent. Chainsaw would make quick work of it.