IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

It’s only about an 1/8 of a mile in on the east 1/4 Notch entrance. I just checked it out myself but didn’t take my phone with. Worked on it some with the pathetic tools I have but didn’t make much of a dent. Chainsaw would make quick work of it. 
Ok. I'm at work tomorrow for 24 hrs But I'll take my chainsaw out and get it . Or ask around if anyone else can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Man. The idiots came out in droves today. Come to the realization it’s safer to take double down to the other end of brushy than it is to take the BCRT

I was at Walnut this morning, and was going to post about the extra idiots there. If you are in a group of ten, and stop at a y in the trail. Don't block all three directions and get angry when someone wants to get through.

• Like 1

Man. The idiots came out in droves today. Come to the realization it’s safer to take double down to the other end of brushy than it is to take the BCRT
Hot days mean people go early. I'll go tonight. Wont matter since hot is hot.
I've managed to figure out segments there with very minimal cement path action.
You can hit one end to another pretty ez.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Wheels down about 715 to 720ish. Got back about 830ish. Pretty crowded already. I reckon people are trying to beat the heat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The heats not the issue, it's the f'ng humidity that kills me. It's worse in the morning.

• Like 7

Rode the fun stuff today on snail. Good work all involved! Hit everything on high line but had a lot of trouble cornering out of the last berm before the second drop to carry enough speed to clear the knuckle. Also hit randys elbow on the new Enduro bike and used every bit of the 170mm of travel!

• Like 3

Rode the fun stuff today on snail. Good work all involved! Hit everything on high line but had a lot of trouble cornering out of the last berm before the second drop to carry enough speed to clear the knuckle. Also hit randys elbow on the new Enduro bike and used every bit of the 170mm of travel!
That spot has an update planned. It is tough if you aren't real comfortable leaning bike real hard to keep off brakes.

• Like 5

what height would these new drops be considered on snail?  like the one that crosses over the middle now,  the elbow one and the one on high line.   I'm guessing the original drops down the middle line are considered 2 footers?

Edited by RonSurly

what height would these new drops be considered on snail?  like the one that crosses over the middle now,  the elbow one and the one on high line.   I'm guessing the original drops down the middle line are considered 2 footers?

Height of drops is measured lip to lip (if there is a transition lip) otherwise just vertical height . 1. The biggest one there (far left with the wood ramp as a b line option) is 8 ft lip to lip and 8 ft Mandatory gap needed to clear. It's called Randy's Elbow it's an 8x8. If you over clear you can easily drop 10 to 12 ft. 2. The new one that crosses the O.G dual drops has a gentle sloping transition. So vertical height is about 4 ft. But the transition makes it bigger if you hit it at speed.

3. The shorter new drop near end of high line is 5 ft lip to lip and it has a non Mandatory to clear gap of about 6ft. It drops off quick once you make it to tranny and can get you more drop height IF speed can be maintained which is currently hard to do.

4. The O.G drops are 2 ft and 18 inches.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 4fun said:

IMG_4269.mov

Nice work man.  The cameraman's reaction was fitting (oh f*ck!).  How many run ups did you do before you hit it?

Edited by Kobra Kai MTB Guy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Nice work man.  The cameraman's reaction was fitting (oh f*ck!).  How many run ups did you do before you hit it?

One, I hit it several months ago on my hard tail with about 3 run ups. You need way less speed than you think you should. I brake checked and still feel I overshot it a bit.

Sorry about that expletive, I didn't catch that before I posted🤣

Edited by 4fun
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2