IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

6 hours ago, horncpa said:

Anyone familiar with Flat Creek Ranch?  I'm scheduled to ride out there Sunday.  Does it dry out quick?

this flat creek crossing ranch?

https://flatcreekcrossingranch.com/

Due to COVID-19 The Ranch is Closed Indefinitely

I don't think wet trails will be an issue.

Edited by circuitbreaker

1 minute ago, circuitbreaker said:

this flat creek crossing ranch?

https://flatcreekcrossingranch.com/

Due to COVID-19 The Ranch is Closed Indefinitely

I don't think wet trails will be an issue.

It's open for riding with the trail party crew on the 19th and 20th to prepare for the upcoming Enduro there. They posted it on the Texas gravity Enduro Facebook group

14 hours ago, Shanerpvt said:

Just wanted to see if anyone was out at Brushy today.  Is it still real wet?

Hoping to ride late afternoon on Sunday.

Any update is greatly appericiated.

Cheers,

Shaner

i keep trail conditions updated at https://austintrailconditions.com

You can make a browser bookmark on your phone that becomes a home page icon

To add a website bookmark to your home screen1, open up the site in Safari, and tap the share arrow. Then find the Add to home screen button and tap it. You'll see the following screen, where you can edit the name of the bookmark. Pick something short so you can see it all in the small icon label.

image.thumb.png.8aeb7de359d34aba48e6cb290c550ec1.png

Edited by crazyt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I checked the twitter feed and 1hr ago stated riding not advised. I’m a mile east of the Olsen meadows entrance to candy land and we only got a brief shower(likely just enough to knock the dust down). Was there enough rain to cancel my small group ride at 9:30 tonight?

1 hour ago, 4fun said:

So I checked the twitter feed and 1hr ago stated riding not advised. I’m a mile east of the Olsen meadows entrance to candy land and we only got a brief shower(likely just enough to knock the dust down). Was there enough rain to cancel my small group ride at 9:30 tonight?

Nope. Just updated the feed. We got rain but I just walked down to 1/4 Notch and besides slick rock right now it looks like the ground will be primo by 9PM. 

I should add that I just saw one person on FB said the trails “looked sloppy”. They didn’t specify the trail and looked is different to was. 1/4 Notch for sure will be rideable. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Thanks 1

Double Down was delicious this afternoon. Given the lower temps I went out around 3:30 in order to get back for my 5:30 meeting. Still seemed pretty damn hot and humid, but a helluva lot better than the last time I rode DD, which was back in mid-Jul. Didn't cross paths with any other souls out there today - which made it even better. Glad I got out. Hope to resume riding DD on the regular now.  

• Like 4

Got back out around 8am this morning and conditions were superb. Was definitely sweating with the high humidity, but the cool air created a constant chill. So nice to be out there attacking features in a way that is not possible for me in the high heat and humidity. Still in no hurry to check out the new stuff on Snail though - especially since I'm still on blood thinners. 

• Like 2

*Brushy Creek Report*

Overall recommendation is to allow trails more time to dry. 

1/4 Notch is still soft. Keep in mind this trail is typically one of the first to dry. Minimal dirt pickup, but moisture build up on your tires will make for a slick ride. It’s soft enough that I’d say wait until tomorrow at least. 

Picnic is still soft. More dirt pickup than I prefer, so I turned around. 

Did not check other trails given the status above.

With that being said, I saw a couple mtn bikers on the trails. Sure you’re buddies are going to say trails are GTG, but be skeptical. Things should be looking a lot better tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, horncpa said:

Sigh, I just don't understand people's insistence on riding wet trails.  You KNOW the large majority know it is bad for the trails.   Just pure selfishness.  

Eh. 1/4 Notch and Picnic weren’t sloppy wet, they were soft enough that even on 1/4 I was leaving some tire impressions (then I turned around) and that was AFTER getting through the typically softer East entrance. 

In defense of those people, when conditions are like they are right now the line between GTG and not GTG can be hard to define. Generally if I’m leaving impressions and picking up moderate levels of dirt then I’m done.

• Like 2