IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

13 hours ago, throet said:

I can't even express how nice it has been these past couple of weeks to just head out at a moment's notice when I get a break in meetings / workload. Rode this morning between 10 and 11:30 and the trails and temps were amazing. Even came across a few other riders, which is odd for a Thu morning. 

@Cafeend @Chief @Morris Is it time to restart the old Fri morning BC Ride Call? I'm down for 7:30am tomorrow if anybody else is! 

Would love too, but currently without an MTB. Hopefully the new rig shows up soon. Once it's assembled absolutely.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SuperSlow said:

Any idea how the trails are, hoping to get a ride in this afternoon.  Didn't seem like we got much rain and with how dry everything has been, I assume it did nothing but control the dust.

Just a baby bit of rain. Trails are good to go. I’d use caution at exposed rocky sections. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, throet said:

Had no idea that was coming but have definitely enjoyed the nice stretch of weather we've had over the past few weeks.  

Yes, except now that I've largely lost my heat acclimation, this weekend's mid 90s temps are going to be brutal. 

• Sad 1

On 10/8/2020 at 5:46 PM, throet said:

I can't even express how nice it has been these past couple of weeks to just head out at a moment's notice when I get a break in meetings / workload. Rode this morning between 10 and 11:30 and the trails and temps were amazing. Even came across a few other riders, which is odd for a Thu morning. 

@Cafeend @Chief @Morris Is it time to restart the old Fri morning BC Ride Call? I'm down for 7:30am tomorrow if anybody else is! 

Just think of what it will be like when you are retired. I rode 3 different trails this week. Had them all to myself.

• Like 1

Any of y'all on Deception yesterday around 2 possibly with Texas Parks and Wildlife green shirt...
I let him pass me after first climb and tried to Trail him but he ended up smoking me...

I would like to strike from the record any mention of me wanting to race I already feel like a loser...I did get my PR though...

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, WLemke said:

@throet Any interest in getting the group ride started up tomorrow morning barring any cabinet deliveries?

Sure thing. How about 8AM at the area where 183A crosses over the regional trail? That's where we all used to meet, right there where there are a few sitting benches off the hike / bike trail. I can post something up in the Ride Calls section as well once you confirm. 

4 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

I just rode my MTB this week and was wondering if it was ok to sanitize the trails to accommodate my lack of fitness and skills?

Ahhhhh...cooler weather, it brings all the assholes back out 🙂

Banned for life. 

That and the trails now have a much higher percentage of hikers/trail runners as well. I’m glad to see the trails get some love, but I’ve been noticing some bypasses that’ll need to be addressed. Not to mention widened areas where riders are forcing a path of least resistance. 

6 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Banned for life. 

That and the trails now have a much higher percentage of hikers/trail runners as well. I’m glad to see the trails get some love, but I’ve been noticing some bypasses that’ll need to be addressed. Not to mention widened areas where riders are forcing a path of least resistance. 

My neck hurt from shaking my head the entire time I was riding Brushy yesterday....wow....just wow...the bypasses are...wow.... Got a lot of work to recover from this one..

After two good falls a couple years back on jam rock I have always avoided it and just hike it. It was the only feature that got me from 1/4 notch to deception. I gave it a good run and got it on my second try. I feel I unlocked a power or something 😂

edit* never mind, still missing EBD 😑

Edited by Morris
  • Like 2

My neck hurt from shaking my head the entire time I was riding Brushy yesterday....wow....just wow...the bypasses are...wow.... Got a lot of work to recover from this one..

Things have changed since you have been away man. You'll see lots of no helmets and flip flops on shitty bikes making me listen to their stupid music.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Sad 3

19 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Things have changed since you have been away man. You'll see lots of no helmets and flip flops on shitty bikes making me listen to their stupid music.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dude. I saw this dude, riding a road bike on Suburban Ninja my first ride out. I think he was a hippie too. WTF?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Dude. I saw this dude, riding a road bike on Suburban Ninja my first ride out. I think he was a hippie too. WTF?

You better stay away from him,
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
But I'd love to meet his tailor.

Aoooooo
Roadies on Ninja

I saw a roadie, drinking a Hazy IPA at RedHorn.
And his hair was perfect.

Aoooooo
Roadies on Ninja

• Like 1
  • Haha 3