IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Sooo, I decided to do 1/4 notch this morning, starting from the center. I have only done it a couple times the other direction, never this way. Somehow I got turned around and ended up on Double Down. I have never been on it at all. I kept thinking, 1/4 notch got tougher, hahaha. Bailed when I found Picnic, since I had never ridden it either.

wrongturn.thumb.png.d8427079015fd2ab190dfe361306518d.png

Edited by TheX
  • Like 1

Easy mistake TheX    You just missed the hard left towards the beginning of that trail after the first rock garden when you start.  The trail takes a hard left.  The two trails right there are only about three foot apart.  Easy mistake. 

Edited by horncpa
  • Like 1

I think @TheX went straight when he should have turned hard left and ran into SpongeBob.  It's kind of easy to do. The trail damn near overlaps itself at that spot. Typically there's a line of rocks there that feed you the correct way, but maybe the rocks have gone awry? 

• Like 1

Just now, Barry said:

I think @TheX went straight when he should have turned hard left and ran into SpongeBob.  It's kind of easy to do. The trail damn near overlaps itself at that spot. Typically there's a line of rocks there that feed you the correct way, but maybe the rocks have gone awry? 

I believe you are correct. I'll need to get back out there and sort that out.

• Like 1

That reminds me, I ran into a couple around the end of 1/4 last summer. They were low on water, over their heads, and desperate to get out.  They kept trying to shortcut in those areas where the trails are right next to each other, but of course they kept going the wrong way.  I pointed them in the right direction.  

I've actually got myself going the wrong way on Peddlers right at the very end when there were a ton of live oak leaves on the ground.  Another couple had stopped on either side of the path I should have gone toward the exit, and instead I ended up on the B-line to the little drop and didn't figure it out until I hit the culvert/creek.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheX said:

I believe you are correct. I'll need to get back out there and sort that out.

I team up with @Chief to find my way around there. Rode SN a week ago and it had changed A LOT since the last time i'd been out there. Place is rad. You northerners are lucky to have all that trail at your disposal. 

• Like 4

On 9/25/2020 at 6:18 PM, gotdurt said:

Probably won't even recognize some of it.

What I don’t recognize is you going fast on a mountain bike at Brushy! Kidding, broseph. I can say that because I’m fat AF right now since my Yeti shit the bed and it took 2.5 months to get a warranty repair. Fingers crossed it doesn’t disintegrate AGAIN for the third time. 

ONE DAY I’m going to get you out for a moto ride. You get that thing sorted yet or whut??

2 hours ago, Morealice said:

ONE DAY I’m going to get you out for a moto ride. You get that thing sorted yet or whut??

Yea, got the tires installed a while back, but my "tennis elbow" has gotten worse and really doesn't like the throttle or brake,... 20 continuous minutes and my elbow is on fire. The other issue right now is time; between one of my busiest seasons in years (also not helping my tennis/golfers elbows) and trying to keep my new house moving, I'm in over my head.

Edited by gotdurt