IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

19 minutes ago, throet said:

@Cafeend @WLemke @skinned elbows Good riding with you guys this morning. Hoping we can keep it going and grow the Fri morning group. Once the time changes we can start riding earlier to leave more cushion ahead of those 10AM meetings. 

That was fun , good seeing you and Meeting Wl and SE Always cool getting out of my norm route and touching directions and routes I never go, I am a creature of habit for sure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Yea, got the tires installed a while back, but my "tennis elbow" has gotten worse and really doesn't like the throttle or brake,... 20 continuous minutes and my elbow is on fire. The other issue right now is time; between one of my busiest seasons in years (also not helping my tennis/golfers elbows) and trying to keep my new house moving, I'm in over my head.

Ah. Ok. I was having issues with my clutch  hand/wrist. Have you tried a TENS unit. My gf let me borrow hers and it helped heal the F out of a bad shoulder issue I was having. I ordered the same one for $30 off Amazon. As a dentist, I had always heard about them for jaw stuff but had never used one until now. I’m a believer. 

28 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Ah. Ok. I was having issues with my clutch  hand/wrist. Have you tried a TENS unit. My gf let me borrow hers and it helped heal the F out of a bad shoulder issue I was having. I ordered the same one for $30 off Amazon. As a dentist, I had always heard about them for jaw stuff but had never used one until now. I’m a believer. 

Yep, I have one and have been using it about a year, although I need to order new pads. With that said, it definitely feels a little better immediately after using it, but I can't say definitively that it has any effect on healing... but I use it just in case.

Could someone give me a pointer on how fast to take the biggest drop at Snail?  I'm obviously not looking for any specific speed, but perhaps relative speed you would use for this drop compared to the speed required to clear the lip on the other two bigger drops at Snail would be helpful.  

I really don't want to do this drop, but I think I must in order to shut my son up.  Last couple of times we hit Snail, he's been bugging me about this drop.  I just don't have a good sense for how fast I should take it to clear the muck without turning it into a 10 or 11 foot drop to a nearly flat area.  

Could someone give me a pointer on how fast to take the biggest drop at Snail?  I'm obviously not looking for any specific speed, but perhaps relative speed you would use for this drop compared to the speed required to clear the lip on the other two bigger drops at Snail would be helpful.  

I really don't want to do this drop, but I think I must in order to shut my son up.  Last couple of times we hit Snail, he's been bugging me about this drop.  I just don't have a good sense for how fast I should take it to clear the muck without turning it into a 10 or 11 foot drop to a nearly flat area.  

Here is my first attempt at it. I hit it a bit faster than really needed. The right speed up top is scary cause it almost feels too slow. Not sure if this helps. I know someone else with a different video from up top. It shows speed better. I'll see if I can get it

https://www.youtube.com/embed/d2mD50WpktE?feature=oembed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Here is my first attempt at it. I hit it a bit faster than really needed. The right speed up top is scary cause it almost feels too slow. Not sure if this helps. I know someone else with a different video from up top. It shows speed better. I'll see if I can get it

https://www.youtube.com/embed/d2mD50WpktE?feature=oembed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2nd this.  I already knew I was supposed to go slower and still went too fast.  Check out the post below.  That's the correct speed.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, Haught Diggity said:

I saw a dude send it off that new monster drop on Snail yesterday.  The video is sideways, but this is pretty beast.

IMG_1130.MOV 7.28 MB · 43 downloads  

Took forever, but I found it.  Here's the view from the top and perfect speed.

Edited by Kobra Kai MTB Guy

6 hours ago, brokenrazor said:

1/4 Notch. which direction is better? west to east or east to west? i have only ridden it east to west.

Personal preference. E-W has a net elevation increase so there is a little more climbing and a few more tech features you have to go up. W-E has a net elevation decrease. It feels slightly more flowly to me and there are a few more drops. 

I enjoy both directions. 

Here is the elevation profile going E-W

E8CAC2A5-D8F1-4E68-9597-DF57F45DE4C1.jpeg.a559dd37087e489261162da35eb41b2d.jpeg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WLemke said:

Personal preference. E-W has a net elevation increase so there is a little more climbing and a few more tech features you have to go up. W-E has a net elevation decrease. It feels slightly more flowly to me and there are a few more drops. 

I enjoy both directions. 

Here is the elevation profile going E-W

E8CAC2A5-D8F1-4E68-9597-DF57F45DE4C1.jpeg.a559dd37087e489261162da35eb41b2d.jpeg

Beat me to it. W-E is what I typically recommend for people that are trying 1/4 Notch for the first time. 99% of the time I go E-W, but that’s most convenient for me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brokenrazor said:

1/4 Notch. which direction is better? west to east or east to west? i have only ridden it east to west.

It's all about variety for me. I generally alternate each time I ride it, with PicnicX / Picnic serving as the connector there or back. I do the same with DD though and mix and match segments to create the ultimate variety. When I do ride Deception (1/4 + DD) end-to-end though, my best time is about the same going either direction. For the fastest guys though, West-to-East does appear to be a bit easier. Oh and before you start making fun of my slowness, those PRs came at age 60.  

image.thumb.png.4c339405cce819a686f3cfb6ad851b32.png  

• Like 1

Today I rode double down and deception like always e to w. I always get to this feature in the same direction and do the rock garden then a wheelie drop. It is a really fun section. After doing it I looked back and decided to do it the other direction for the first time. I thought it was cool. Video makes it look small like always but it is on a little incline and well above my 27.5+ tires hight

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Morris said:

Today I rode double down and deception like always e to w. I always get to this feature in the same direction and do the rock garden then a wheelie drop. It is a really fun section. After doing it I looked back and decided to do it the other direction for the first time. I thought it was cool. Video makes it look small like always but it is on a little incline and well above my 27.5+ tires hight

Dang @Morris  that is VERY impressive.  Video definitely does not do justice to the size of that.   Nice to see some "bigger" riders doing well.  Let's ride some time.