IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

16 hours ago, Morris said:

Today I rode double down and deception like always e to w. I always get to this feature in the same direction and do the rock garden then a wheelie drop. It is a really fun section. After doing it I looked back and decided to do it the other direction for the first time. I thought it was cool. Video makes it look small like always but it is on a little incline and well above my 27.5+ tires hight

Hell yah Morris. That step up is probably my favorite feature on DD.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Constant battle. It was there early yesterday morning. A more permanent solution needs to be put in 

6 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Constant battle. It was there early yesterday morning. A more permanent solution needs to be put in place. 

The tree root/trunk to hop over on upper picnic was also gone last Wednesday night when I rode! Too many Good Samaritans, who don’t realize what they are doing out using the trails!

7 minutes ago, Chief said:

Rode the new rig at Brushy Sunday. Haven't been in 1/4-DD in months. My god the whole trail system is pretty much a shit show. Multiple B lines and cut throughs everywhere not to mention the amount of erosion/deterioration in many spots.

Completely agree, Deception is going to need some work. Now for some good news...

I have taken on the responsibility as trail steward of Deception (1/4 Notch + Double Down). This is recent and is largely due to the issues I’ve seen on the trail as a result of more trail users. I plan to address the bypasses in the next two weeks and will be out there quite a bit during this period to start planning how to address the large amount of trail widening that is occurring from people trying to take the “easier” path. I will organize workdays as needed. 

If you have any input let me know, but the good news is that there is going to be more focus on maintaining one of my favorite trails at Brushy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

48 minutes ago, Chief said:

Rode the new rig at Brushy Sunday. Haven't been in 1/4-DD in months. My god the whole trail system is pretty much a shit show. Multiple B lines and cut throughs everywhere not to mention the amount of erosion/deterioration in many spots.

I haven't ridden in a couple of months, but I started trail running again on D recently and noticed the same, seems like it got progressively worse in that short period... I thought maybe because I was running instead of riding, allowing me to see more of the problems from a different, slower perspective, but when I went on Saturday (unusual for me), I observed a lot of users that explained a lot...

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

I have taken on the responsibility as trail steward of Deception (1/4 Notch + Double Down).

Thanks and congrats. And it makes sense I suppose given your visibility. Hell, lots of confused folks already thought you were the trail steward. 

55 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Completely agree, Deception is going to need some work. Now for some good news...

I have taken on the responsibility as trail steward of Deception (1/4 Notch + Double Down). This is recent and is largely due to the issues I’ve seen on the trail as a result of more trail users. I plan to address the bypasses in the next two weeks and will be out there quite a bit during this period to start planning how to address the large amount of trail widening that is occurring from people trying to take the “easier” path. I will organize workdays as needed. 

If you have any input let me know, but the good news is that there is going to be more focus on maintaining one of my favorite trails at Brushy. 

Awesome news!  Thanks for being willing to step up and help.  You know I am down to help for sure!  Got most of the face slappers on DD the other day.  Just need to finish the section between Jeep road and first bailout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Glad you took over. Good luck and thanks!

Picnic, Rim/Daves is part of the MOA...don't you get that too? Mulligan is not (it's officially unofficial - golf course owns it) and everything east aside from Peddlers is rogue. 

Some home owner had the perception that all mountain bikers are criminals who worship the devil and all want to rob him/her and he/she new someone at Wilco to get it blocked off. That’s seemed to be the last straw for Rugger and he resigned the trail steward position.

• Like 4

ok - i'll say it. I don't think purpose built, sustainable b-lines are a bad thing. I don't think any b-line will make 1/4 or DD an 'easy' trail. if the main feature is still there, and there is a purpose built b-line for riders not yet able to attempt that feature, why not. the more people we have riding trails the better - in opinion. purpose built b-lines also discourage people from altering or creating there own cheater lines. let the flaming begin.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, brokenrazor said:

ok - i'll say it. I don't think purpose built, sustainable b-lines are a bad thing. I don't think any b-line will make 1/4 or DD an 'easy' trail. if the main feature is still there, and there is a purpose built b-line for riders not yet able to attempt that feature, why not. the more people we have riding trails the better - in opinion. purpose built b-lines also discourage people from altering or creating there own cheater lines. let the flaming begin.

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 1

So OK..

Why can't people learn to ride the trail or feature like it was intended to be ridden?

Why do the trails need to be dumbed down?

If you cannot ride it. Walk it till you can ride it.

Also I can think of several places where B lines were made on 1/4 and DD and now they are half the effing alphabet worth of trails.

Nope. You know what makes the trails easier? Riding them alot.. over and over and over again

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4