IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

3 minutes ago, fontarin said:

Saw several riders w/ mud on their bikes at Brushy today, unfortunately.  I could tell it was too wet even just looking from the road bike on the paved trails.

It is super soaked right now, especially peddlers. I’m not defending the guilty, but I ride my mountain bike on the main trails and with all the rain my bike gets pretty dirty from the main trail. Of course, there’s no caked mud, just splatter.  

I did ride by peddlers today (Sunday) and I know a section was modified by honeybadger and firstblood Saturday and I was shocked to find no fresh ruts.....but I won’t hold my breath it won’t eventually happen. 

2 hours ago, Skyyhorn said:

It is super soaked right now, especially peddlers. I’m not defending the guilty, but I ride my mountain bike on the main trails and with all the rain my bike gets pretty dirty from the main trail. Of course, there’s no caked mud, just splatter.  

I did ride by peddlers today (Sunday) and I know a section was modified by honeybadger and firstblood Saturday and I was shocked to find no fresh ruts.....but I won’t hold my breath it won’t eventually happen. 

You rode Peddlers today??? Thats what i saw on my 1st read of the first read of your post, lol.

14 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

You rode Peddlers today??? Thats what i saw on my 1st read of the first read of your post, lol.

I should have made it more clear I was riding on the regional trail and rode the crushed granite right next to peddlers. 😀  I would love to ride the trail, but the cleanup would almost be worse than the damage I’d cause. 

My and the gf rode BCRT late Sunday afternoon and everything we hit had parts that weren't rideable.  Giving up, we thought we'd try 1/4 Notch and while there were a few places to walk, most of it was ok, if not a little slick.  We walked where it was needed, left no ruts and no mud in the tires at all.  Pleasantly surprised...but more rain tomorrow, so we're back to square one.  😞

There was one guy who insisted on riding thru the mud in that little offshoot by Champion Park. I told him it was impassable and my gf did the same.  He said to her, "what, you don't like riding in the mud??" then rode thru a huge pool of standing water and mud by the park.  Argh... 

I’m taking a friend from out of town on a ride Saturday morning. Was hoping to catch a couple hours at both brushy and walnut to show him the real local stuff  

The weather looks like it’s going to clear up Wednesday night and Thursday. Think either brushy and/or walnut will be in good enough shape by Saturday at daybreak? 

Unfortunately it looks like RPR is closed for a shooting event, and pace bend is currently closed for flooding.

Thanks for any input. 

9 minutes ago, McRibs said:

no way. i went and looked yesterday and every trail i looked at had mud within a minute on trail. Not good to just walk around either because that widens the trails footprint. 360/2222 - 4 corners is bet bet

I rode 2+ hours at pedernales on Sunday and it was overall good to go, outside of the top of the madrone trail. Might just be going back there Saturday morning. 

6 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

RPR is closed for a shooting event

Are you sure? I think that part of that same event ran a couple of weekends ago, and they were still open for riding. Not sure I would want to be out there dodging bullets, but hey, when a guy's got to ride! 

1 hour ago, throet said:

Are you sure? I think that part of that same event ran a couple of weekends ago, and they were still open for riding. Not sure I would want to be out there dodging bullets, but hey, when a guy's got to ride! 

You’re right. I’ll shoot an email over to them and see what the deal is. My buddy was Arizona amateur mountain biker of the year, so when I say he is willing to dodge bullets, he really is. 

29 minutes ago, Morris said:

while all of you were complaining about the mud, we decided to take a trip with Throet Chief and my friend Christian .  Good ride.  RPR is waterproof And challenging 

I really have to get back out there soon, haven't really ridden RPR since the 2014 enduro... I say "really" because I went once to photograph the 2015 enduro (I was injured) and once this year but damaged a tire and had to cut it short. This needs to change!
Morris, which Hero 7 are you using?

36 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

I really have to get back out there soon, haven't really ridden RPR since the 2014 enduro... I say "really" because I went once to photograph the 2015 enduro (I was injured) and once this year but damaged a tire and had to cut it short. This needs to change!
Morris, which Hero 7 are you using?

The black one. Crazy difference between my previous hero 5.  And my chest mount is a $5 ebay thing.  First time I have watchable footage

• Like 1