IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Yes! A big, sincere thank you for doing some thankless work. Much appreciated. You’ve inspired me to maybe do a ride n trim tomorrow. There are a few spots I wanna clean up. Might just be a ride, but I can trim next weekend too. 

Awesome ride today. I was on Mulligan today and told an older guy (even older than I) about how FirstBlood saw a guy fall off of the ridge in an exposed spot at the beginning by the golf green and that the guy didn’t get hurt. He was like “I don’t believe that. What’s your name? What’s your friend’s name?” Haha I told him and proceeded to drop him. Even told him my friend Rugger built what he was currently  riding (using real names). 

He was oddly distrustful, and why would I make shit like that up. 

In the end, awesome temps, awesome ride. Lots of solid riders out this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was going to ask about a couple of things:

1. punji sticks.  In some places stuff has been trimmed but not to the trunk.  But it also seems like they wouldn't be an issue except for some widening of the trail.  To trim or not to trim?
  2. The widening (I don't even want to call it a b-line, b/c so many of these don't even have a challenging obstacle), can we use scree to start narrowing the line back? 

Next time I ride I'll take pictures of specific spots.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

Yes! A big, sincere thank you for doing some thankless work. Much appreciated. You’ve inspired me to maybe do a ride n trim tomorrow. There are a few spots I wanna clean up. Might just be a ride, but I can trim next weekend too. 

Awesome ride today. I was on Mulligan today and told an older guy (even older than I) about how FirstBlood saw a guy fall off of the ridge in an exposed spot at the beginning by the golf green and that the guy didn’t get hurt. He was like “I don’t believe that. What’s your name? What’s your friend’s name?” Haha I told him and proceeded to drop him. Even told him my friend Rugger built what he was currently  riding (using real names). 

He was oddly distrustful, and why would I make shit like that up. 

In the end, awesome temps, awesome ride. Lots of solid riders out this morning. 

Get with me before trimming anything on 1/4 Notch. I recently went through and trimmed it and purposely will be not trimming some areas that have widened to try to force people to use the original line. 

As far as B-lines go, I’ll be out there tomorrow morning again working to block off areas. If a specific problem area comes to mind let me know and I’ll check it out. I should add, feel free to help combat the “new” lines! 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Get with me before trimming anything on 1/4 Notch. I recently went through and trimmed it and purposely will be not trimming some areas that have widened to try to force people to use the original line. 

As far as B-lines go, I’ll be out there tomorrow morning again working to block off areas. If a specific problem area comes to mind let me know and I’ll check it out. I should add, feel free to help combat the “new” lines! 

I’m gonna be trimming things like Gumdrop and Caddyshack. Stuff out East. I rode quarter notch today and it was fine. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 3:42 PM, Yosmithy said:

Just saw this today, if this is what you're talking about. I stuffed some smaller rocks under it, but it definitely needs some work.

I've been eyeing this for a while and have never had the cajones to do it.  Does anyone roll up to this with speed and hop the whole feature from the top?

On 10/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, First-Blood said:

Here is my first attempt at it. I hit it a bit faster than really needed. The right speed up top is scary cause it almost feels too slow. Not sure if this helps. I know someone else with a different video from up top. It shows speed better. I'll see if I can get it

https://www.youtube.com/embed/d2mD50WpktE?feature=oembed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I had asked a few weeks ago about the appropriate speed for hitting the big drop on Snail.  After running out of excuses, I finally conducted my own trial and error exercise.  Seems obvious in hindsight, but it turns out you CAN go too slow on that drop.  

Like everybody else, I hit it too fast the first time.  The second time, I slowed down way too much in an effort to find the "right" speed,.  As I started dropping, I remember thinking I may not clear the gap.  Luckily, I did clear it, but ended up with a super, super scary nose heavy landing.  Third time, I went back to not worrying about going too fast, and it was just fine.  I guess the lesson for me was, as always, don't overthinking it and just go.  

For me, the landing doesn't seem that much harsher than the bigger drops on picnic. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, loop_out said:

I had asked a few weeks ago about the appropriate speed for hitting the big drop on Snail.  After running out of excuses, I finally conducted my own trial and error exercise.  Seems obvious in hindsight, but it turns out you CAN go too slow on that drop.  

Like everybody else, I hit it too fast the first time.  The second time, I slowed down way too much in an effort to find the "right" speed,.  As I started dropping, I remember thinking I may not clear the gap.  Luckily, I did clear it, but ended up with a super, super scary nose heavy landing.  Third time, I went back to not worrying about going too fast, and it was just fine.  I guess the lesson for me was, as always, don't overthinking it and just go.  

For me, the landing doesn't seem that much harsher than the bigger drops on picnic. 

Good for you for doing it multiple times.  I did it the one time and that, so far, has been enough for me.

• Like 2

Truth, And no gears 
Haha. I'm not a mtb historian but I'm pretty sure our native ancestors still slammed the seat when doing things of this nature. But yea we def are spoiled now with the dropper invention, so much so I consider my bike OOS if the dropper ain't werkin

• Like 2

4 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Haha. I'm not a mtb historian but I'm pretty sure our native ancestors still slammed the seat when doing things of this nature. But yea we def are spoiled now with the dropper invention, so much so I consider my bike OOS if the dropper ain't werkin

Exactly, I used to ride with my seat down, the height would depend on the trail... I'd rather do the squatty-pedal thing and stand for climbing than be caught with my seat in the way when it mattered.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Bro... you need a dropper before you ever consider this

Man. I’m just not comfortable or good at leaving the ground on my bike. Could I do it? F yeah. Do I want to? FFFFF no. 

21 hours ago, rugger said:

He's the only MFer I know to get a dropper and ain't it... SMH. 

Ha! Truth. Took it out of my Yeti when I bought it and sold it to First Blood at friend prices. Lightened my bike up a ton. 

• Haha 1