IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

This is really getting infuriating. First I come up on Squeeze Play and see that somebody dumbed down the the feature again. It was easy enough to discard those extra rocks but still sucks that people feel the need to alter the damn trail.

image.thumb.png.c3a1c255f0dd8f5817f76113e3339f68.png

Then I get a little further along at Ray's Collarbone and take my usually line down on the far right. Ended up having to skinny down the two remaining rocks since somebody decided that the trail was better off without the massive boulder that used to be there. A young fellow with a strong back came along who was able to get it back in place but it's going to take some work to really get it secured. @GreenMTBrider let me know if you want to meet out there this week. Also, maybe we could put a couple of those signs in place at both Squeeze and Ray's Collarbone. 

image.thumb.png.f1bea2a448e0de2f80e0f3f0de229e34.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4fun said:

At first I was happy to see people getting off the couch and using the trails. Now I'm over it. For the first time I made a conscious decision to avoid all the brushy trails Sunday morning, just to avoid people😢

Yeah, I rode there on Sunday, and encountered at least 25 bikers on Deception.  I love to see more people out on bikes, but the trails are getting destroyed.  Brushy has almost every technical section widened and blown out as people decide to bypass.  Sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, 4fun said:

At first I was happy to see people getting off the couch and using the trails. Now I'm over it. For the first time I made a conscious decision to avoid all the brushy trails Sunday morning, just to avoid people😢

Agreed x1000.  I don't even get near Brushy on weekends.  For what its worth, if you stick to double down and rim job you can avoid most of the knuckleheads at least.

• Like 2

I often do out and back on DD, and see 2 or 3 other riders at the most, which is really nice. 

We did ride Picnic Sunday morning and had a really odd encounter.  We came up on an woman slowly walking a dog.  As we came up, she happened to look back and saw us coming, so she started running.  At this point, I thought she was running towards a wider part of the trail to move over.  Instead, she just kept running ahead of me, barely keeping pace with her tiny dog (nothing against tiny dogs - some of them are super cute, but they are not fast and neither was she).  Bewildered, I followed her for a while.  After realizing that she was not going to move over, I asked her several times nicely if I could pass.  She did not respond - apparently she had her earphones in with music blasting.  I finally got her attention after yelling, and she moved over.  What the hell, though - who does that?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

More and more people these days. Some with over-the-ear headpones too.

I've had many other encounters where people are oblivious with their earphones/headphones.  The difference here is that she saw us and decided that she will just run with her dog and stay in front of us.  Either she grossly overestimated her (and her chihuahua's) foot speed or she took one look at me and decided that this is one slow MF.  That's a whole another level of disrespect considering she didn't even bother lowering her volume.

• Like 1

Yeah, the oblivious rider/hiker/runner thing is frustrating--as we've discussed over and over. I had another guy yesterday afternoon at Walnut on BMX. He had no helmet but his ears were well protected with over-the-ear headphones. And he was going super slow. I screamed for his attention multiple times to no avail. Finally I buzzed his tire. They say the same thing every time, "sorry, I couldn't hear you because of my headphones." No shit!

• Like 3

sigh....yeah, I love riding BC, but have been purposely avoiding the circus that has developed. I'm like others that it's nice to see folks getting out of grandmas basement, but holy shit, they come with zero common sense or courtesy.

I have been staying up on SN for the most part since I came back out hiding for the summer, but even that is getting crowded. I went out yesterday and it was crowded AF.

Note: I shouldn't just blame the covid crowd riders for being inconsiderate. I encountered a group that should know a lot better....that didn't...I'll leave it at that. FU trio

• Like 1

Went out this afternoon and it was interesting. Had a plate put in to fix my collar bone 6 weeks ago so I've missed all the good weather riding lately as I'm just getting back out there. 

Rode Peddlers and Picnic and came across a guy and his girlfriend riding Picnic. No helmets and she was on a road bike. They were at least courteous and friendly and moved out of the way for me. He said it was her second day on the bike...

9 minutes ago, quixoft said:

Went out this afternoon and it was interesting. Had a plate put in to fix my collar bone 6 weeks ago so I've missed all the good weather riding lately as I'm just getting back out there. 

Rode Peddlers and Picnic and came across a guy and his girlfriend riding Picnic. No helmets and she was on a road bike. They were at least courteous and friendly and moved out of the way for me. He said it was her second day on the bike...

I blame him.

• Like 1

not sure if it was a messenger bike, but I saw a guy on DD with some skinny wheeled bike with a basket on the back. He also had some kind of boom box going full blast... and no helmet of course. I told him “nobody wants to hear that crap”, but it was so loud I don’t think he could hear me.

• Like 1