IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

4 hours ago, chuckt said:

not sure if it was a messenger bike, but I saw a guy on DD with some skinny wheeled bike with a basket on the back. He also had some kind of boom box going full blast... and no helmet of course. I told him “nobody wants to hear that crap”, but it was so loud I don’t think he could hear me.

Man, I don't know how I missed his lack of helmet, but that's whom I was referring to.  He had someone w/ him that had a nice bike too.  If someone showed up with no helmet to ride w/ me I would tell them no way.  I don't need that on my conscience.

Edited by Kobra Kai MTB Guy

26 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Last time I saw him he was eyeing up EBD. I really hope you're right!

Speaking of such things, when you see someone like that likely above their head, do you stop and watch?  Do you say something?  Do you move on?  I've seen many riders at the top of Cru Jones trying to psych themselves into riding it, with varying amounts of peer pressure.  I can't bear to watch so I just move on.  

I’ve stopped and gave advice a few times. Last time was when I had just rode up the climb to Swag W->E and there was a guy at the top. I guess he had just pushed it up that last rocky bit and couldn’t believe I had just cleaned it. I showed him my line and he went back down to give it another try. I was 50ft down the bailout when he yelled “I made it !!!”. Dude was on what looked like a 90’s 7 speed HT. I don’t know if I could have done it on that old rig.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Speaking of such things, when you see someone like that likely above their head, do you stop and watch?  Do you say something?  Do you move on?  I've seen many riders at the top of Cru Jones trying to psych themselves into riding it, with varying amounts of peer pressure.  I can't bear to watch so I just move on.  

I go the route of moving on nowadays too.  Just try to mind my own business unless someone is intentionally f'ing up the trails.

I know a bunch of people on here aren’t on Facebook, so to save Ronan some time of having to cross post, here is the update he just shared.  Any questions I might be able to answer based off of his updates from the Facebook post, otherwise I know he gets on here sometimes. 

*BRUSHY CREEK UPDATE* Austin Ridge Riders has been working with Williamson County to replace the unsanctioned trail "Up and Over to Rim" with a new sanctioned trail slightly lower down the hill. The route has been finalized and work has already started. The trail should be ready in early January. The old route will be closed once the new one opens. We're going to need everyone's help in keeping the old trail closed and spreading the word about the new one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, St.Bernardo said:

Is there an aerial/drawing of the approved route that you can post?

I don’t have one yet, but the entrance going east to west will be where the current wooden gate is and the exit will be at the other wooden gate near rim loop entrance. 

Currently both wooden gates are preventing entrance/exit.  Once the trail is finished the county will remove the barriers so there is access. 

The biggest takeaway from Ronan’s post would be to use the new trail and not the existing connector which will be closed. He has done a good deal of negotiating and people using that old trail once it is closed will not help the cause. Of course most of the people on here would already respect that which I’m sure is why he directed the original post to the FB crowd. 

19 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Is it drizzling over there?
I'm about 3 miles away and it is here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wet here at my house 1 mile away but looks like things are clearing up. With the expected sunshine and warmer temps this afternoon, I'm hoping to sneak out later in the day. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This has been an amazing Fall / Winter. Seems the little bits of rain we keep getting are just enough to keep the dirt down. Got out this evening for a quick ride before dark and Rim, DD, PicnicX, Picnic, and 1/4 Notch were all in perfect condition. Head wind was kicking my ass trying to get back home on the street, but out on the trail the wind wasn't a bother at all.  

Edited by throet
  • Like 7