IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Thank you guys for doing that line. It’ll be nice to have a sanctioned connector to rimjob.

Rode today... not sure it gets better. It was on the cold side but with the Sun there was no sweat at all and wasn’t cold either. Rode for about 2.5hrs and didn’t even finish 50oz bladder. Didn’t touch my bottle. I would say it was an old school ride but I actually saw about 5 people total. Back in the day it was almost always zero. 

Got worked by the Cradle...stalled out, didn’t unclip and just kinda landed on my hand and side. Double Down is just plain hard now. I still love it though, even though my hands are starting to disagree. Stirring in some days of Sub Ninja and skipping Deception helps though. That is all, really. 

6013EBC5-76A4-4809-B730-D3A96110025A.jpeg

AF45DF83-C51A-4942-8427-AC6DF1FC4DBC.jpeg

975D4093-E1FC-4242-BC26-1127800E6DA6.jpeg

Edited by Morealice
Typizzo
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Morealice said:

Rode today... not sure it gets better. It was on the cold side but with the Sun there was no sweat at all and wasn’t cold either. Rode for about 2.5hrs and didn’t even finish 50oz bladder. Didn’t touch my bottle. I would say it was an old school ride but I actually saw about 5 people total. Back in the day it was almost always zero. 

Got worked by the Cradle...stalled out, didn’t unclip and just kinda landed on my hand and side. Double Down is just plain hard now. I still love it though, even though my hands are starting to disagree.

Couldn't agree more! Been getting out for 90min rides between meetings during the week, and it's been fantastic. Head out with only 20oz in my bottle and no pack. On my Monday ride it was downright cold for me at 50 degrees or so, requiring me to get the fleece-lined leggings out. I finished my ride only to realize I hadn't even touched my water bottle. Today was warmer but I still had a couple of layers on for some warmth. I've been riding DD almost exclusively, in both directions. I've been trying some new lines, but I never session features. If something kicks my ass, then I just make a point to include it again my next time out. Solitude has indeed been absent given the increased traffic, but life is good nonetheless.   

56 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I've only ever been able to ride cradle W to E, and that was a while back.  I'm not sure of the best line E to W.  Do you go wide then cut to the left?  I avoid riding the slot but I wondered if here maybe instead of going left, the best choice is the slot then pop up onto the left line.

For me W-E is harder. Going E-W I take the high line on the right and then cut to the left through the trees. Going W-E I've been trying the line on the right of the slot, which requires some trials moves getting from boulder to boulder. I'm getting real close but haven't quite nailed it yet.  

13 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I've only ever been able to ride cradle W to E, and that was a while back.  I'm not sure of the best line E to W.  Do you go wide then cut to the left?  I avoid riding the slot but I wondered if here maybe instead of going left, the best choice is the slot then pop up onto the left line.

Watched a guy on a 160mm Pivot clean the cradle W-E. He took the right side over the boulders. Made it look ridiculously easy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I've always found riding the cradle W-E is harder. I could never figure out the turn at the beginning and just recently started getting it within a couple of tries.

Going east to West, it's just a matter of getting up to the high side right away rather than riding in the crack.  There is a small section at the start where the low side (low side = left side if you're looking at the crack from E-W) is higher than the right side and you can kind of wheely over to the high side.  Then you just take that across and drop down toward the end. That probably Didn't make a ton of sense, but I'll see if I can get a video at some point. 

• Like 2