IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

6 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

That's crazy.  I tried that several times and kept ending up ass over elbows at the last boulder.

It feels so good when you get it first try w-E. I'm typically about 50/50 on getting it. One time I was riding with guys incredibly fit and I threw up a few things III message earlier in the ride. When we got to this feature I cleaned it and none of them could get it after a few tries. Total redemption!

• Like 2

Few things to point out...

1. As of right now trails are too wet to ride and will likely need all of today before they’re good to go.

2. You’re going to start seeing some changes to 1/4 Notch and Double Down to address the bypasses and trail widening that has occurred. There are some bypasses that will be left, a couple that Tommy and I blocked off today. More work to be done, so if you want to volunteer stay tuned! 

3. I appreciate people going in and trimming face slappers but if it’s 2+” in diameter please reach out to me before cutting it. Somebody took a big branch down (see pic) to open an easier line in an area that was already easy. Now  its wide enough to fit a car through. Just don’t muck with it. 

Also, huge thanks to Tommy (Cafeend) for the help this morning! 

0071D5DF-5DB2-4EB6-B417-5B63AAFA7823.jpeg

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 12/18/2020 at 2:37 PM, 4fun said:

It feels so good when you get it first try w-E. I'm typically about 50/50 on getting it. One time I was riding with guys incredibly fit and I threw up a few things III message earlier in the ride. When we got to this feature I cleaned it and none of them could get it after a few tries. Total redemption!

Yesssss... to this and the other posts about The Cradle. I used to ride the slot back in the day and just kinda hit it with speed. Now I go high right and come down then hard right through trees and on... but this day I just hit it wrong by about 1-2” and that was it..I had decent speed and legs going in, just jammed it and fell over, haha. Hand is fine now. I’m gonna float up that bitch next time... but I’ll pay somewhere else probably. 😜 

Long Live the Trail!!

C98FF551-E278-46CA-878A-D240C5A4B1F7.jpeg

• Like 1

Went out for a ride around 11 thinking the trails would be primo, but I was in for a slippery surprise from the start. Rode Rim and the first part of DD going W-E and it was quite adventurous. So I skipped over to 1/4 Notch thinking that the extra exposure to the sun would make it better, but wrong again. Sections throughout the entire trail were slicker than greased owl shit. Funny how good of a workout you get when you're riding slow and steady, tensed up for an hour. Called it quits and headed home after that.   

EDIT: Wife informed me there was a dense fog advisory in effect until 10am this morning. That stuff is worse than rain on the limestone!  

Edited by throet
  • Like 1

Where do y'all park for a night ride?

In[mention=165]GreenMTBrider[/mention] driveway....Not literally but basically. In the cul de sac of Dodge Cattle Dr by the East trail head of ¹/⁴ notch.

Another good option is on the street at the top of hall rd which is the name of the dirt double track that separates the west end of Double Down trail head and the start of 5.0 (R.I.P)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone else out at brushy today see a guy on red bike and silver helmet swerving all over the dam trail, looked to be a nice bike then as I started to pass him I noticed that he had riser bars that were completely upside down [emoji23][emoji23][emoji2357] and I thought no wonder he can’t keep that thing straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, manuels61 said:

Anyone else out at brushy today see a guy on red bike and silver helmet swerving all over the dam trail, looked to be a nice bike then as I started to pass him I noticed that he had riser bars that were completely upside down emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji2357.png and I thought no wonder he can’t keep that thing straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Christmas day rides are usually pretty entertaining....I especially enjoy the helmets on backwards, but the bars upside down would be a treasure for sure.

Rode SN/ church today, great conditions but a little slimy on the rocks due to the weird fog humidity thing going on this morning. Also, checked out a bit of Gandolf, super fun!

Bad news, while taking a break, I could clearly see the cedars wafting their potent powder as the wind blew. 👎

Looked like this...

allergy-asthma-pollen-tree.jpg 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Rode SN/ church today, great conditions but a little slimy on the rocks due to the weird fog humidity thing going on this morning. Also, checked out a bit of Gandolf, super fun!

Bad news, while taking a break, I could clearly see the cedars wafting their potent powder as the wind blew. 👎

Looked like this...

allergy-asthma-pollen-tree.jpg 

Got home about 5:30.  5:35 eyes itching.  Cedar season is here.

1 hour ago, St.Bernardo said:

Got home about 5:30.  5:35 eyes itching.  Cedar season is here.

Ironically I typically wear an N95 mask outside this time of year. This year I wouldn’t look like a crazy person but can’t get them from my typical source! Weird world.
Pictures like that make me want to get my chain saw after every one of those nasty bastards!

Edited by 4fun

32 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Ironically I typically wear an N95 mask outside this time of year. This year I wouldn’t look like a crazy person but can’t get them from my typical source! Weird world.
Pictures like that make me want to get my chain saw after every one of those nasty bastards!

When I first moved here, everything smelled like my grandmothers cedar closet. I liked it, but it doesn't bother me like it does some people.