IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I’m not familiar with this “satellite”, I’ve heard of it but IDK. Is it the same thing as “Squeeze Play”? I thought it went squeeze play, ray’s collarbone, jammer, with only a switchback in between.

Edited by chuckt

Squeeze is right before Ray's. Ray's, then Jammer, Satellite isn't a feature so much as a section, but it's a distinct transition into the Hollows - that's where "Satellite" is...there was literally a Dish Satellite thrown in the woods there. 

Edited by rugger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rugger said:

Ray's, then Jammer, Satellite isn't a feature so much as a section, but it's a distinct transition into the Hollows - that's where "Satellite" is...there was literally a Dish Satellite thrown in the woods there. 

I need to get back in the riding shape I was in the video. Probably couldn't clear anything nowadays.. need to do a 2021 version of the video. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rugger said:

Squeeze is right before Ray's. Ray's, then Jammer, Satellite isn't a feature so much as a section, but it's a distinct transition into the Hollows - that's where "Satellite" is...there was literally a Dish Satellite thrown in the woods there. 

Wow.  Jammer definitely doesn't look like that anymore.

It looks like the drop and immediate step up at the start of the hollows didn't exist back then?  Or did these guys just prefer to go through the skinny/rooty section?

It looks like the drop and immediate step up at the start of the hollows didn't exist back then?  Or did these guys just prefer to go through the skinny/rooty section?
It didn't exist for awhile later. It's the preferred way to go traveling E to W .

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

"These guys" are the co-founder and also builder and Owner of KOM 😉

Like the other builder, FirstBlood said, it didn't exist then. 

Jammer is much tougher, like many things now. I did clean Jammer on 2 of my 3 most recent rides, it def tough. On the day I video'd that "tour" I managed to clean everything on the first take, that was a pretty rare occurrence then and I think 3 year ago is the last time I had a fully 100% clean ride doing both directions. 

Edited by rugger
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, First-Blood said:

You're also a beast on tech features too so there is that

I wouldn't say that; I'm not one of those guys who commits to it every ride (assuming there are "those guys"). I just did it once every couple of months, just to stay on top, but at least 4 of 5 rides I don't even try, I dismount 1/2 way up the climb at the flatter spot, then decide if I'm going to rest for a sec and hit it, or walk it. I just don't care to gas-out for one feature (I'm in baaad shape these days), ruining what's left of my ride.

But, if these past few weeks that I've been trail running are any indication, there has been a ton more traffic, and it wouldn't surprise me if the base of EBD has worn/eroded since last spring.

1 hour ago, First-Blood said:

I haven't seen or heard of it. I'm sure someone has though. It would be a pretty hard pull with great timing

If I know where you're talking about (pretty sure I do?), It's doable. Gotta hit the line just right, and yes, pull real hard. I'm probably 50/50 on it, try it almost everytime through.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, schoolie said:

If I know where you're talking about (pretty sure I do?), It's doable. Gotta hit the line just right, and yes, pull real hard. I'm probably 50/50 on it, try it almost everytime through.

The bump in the trough is the iffy bit of it... guess it's falling on deaf ears, but I've done it a handful of times. 

8 minutes ago, rugger said:

The bump in the trough is the iffy bit of it... guess it's falling on deaf ears, but I've done it a handful of times. 

Exactly. Figuring out the line that let me miss that bump and hit the crack in the rock just right was the key. After finding that line, just go fast and pull hard 👍

30 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Is this the one y'all are talking about going up? If so, it never even occurred to me to try... video or it didn't happen!

Same here. I have it down in the video’s direction but have not even crossed my mind the other way.   Interesting thought, you do have some momentum, the step up would be at an angle and chain side . then the stupid little baby head in the way. I volunteer to film 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Is this the one y'all are talking about going up? If so, it never even occurred to me to try... video or it didn't happen!

That's her!  I'd really like to see it done.  I just can't get the stones to try it.  Maybe I'll go out there tomorrow w/ full face on and give it a go.

Edited by Kobra Kai MTB Guy

Yep that's it. Here's the line I hit:

image.thumb.png.dc00320c43a436b4d359e061e8795d60.png

It ends up being almost a side hop up the ledge. The crack give you a face to stick your front wheel on as you hit it. I have to pretty much completely miss the little bump at the bottom, or else my timing gets thrown off and I just run into the wall real hard, lol.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, schoolie said:

Yep that's it. Here's the line I hit:

image.thumb.png.dc00320c43a436b4d359e061e8795d60.png

It ends up being almost a side hop up the ledge. The crack give you a face to stick your front wheel on as you hit it. I have to pretty much completely miss the little bump at the bottom, or else my timing gets thrown off and I just run into the wall real hard, lol.

Cool, that gives me something new to shoot for when I get back on the bike.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

I told you to quit doing that. You're just encouraging the children....and depressing the shit out of me

This was when they first opened that line up a few years ago... I haven't ridden in 9 or 10 months, so, in a way, I have stopped.

I'm encouraging the children because you're being a baby... 😮😀