IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I made it over to brushy to play around on this today. Turns out it's more of a bump jump than I realized.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5ySmMy9xsQYeVetX9
If you get the timing just right it feels so smooth:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jq6LMHy7RAsEYbqE7
Even if you don't, it's not that bad, but kills momentum:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i8c9dYsyNZcV2WUd8
Thanks for encouraging me to film this... I've never really done that before, it was cool to see what's really happening [emoji106]

That's cool. I so rarely ride W to E that I never stop and look at the option to go up that. But I see that nice crack you all pointed out. I always assumed the rock face to the right was the only spot available which makes it exponentially harder

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, WLemke said:

3pm it is. I’ll park at the YMCA but will roll over to you on a Sky Blue Ibis. 

@throet Beautiful day to ride! Can you make it out?

Haha funny you should ask. I had planned to ride at 3pm with @Morris and then suddenly my meeting schedule shifted. Really appreciate you asking though and hope you guys got in a nice ride. Morris is a banger - you guys should have great fun!

1 hour ago, throet said:

Haha funny you should ask. I had planned to ride at 3pm with @Morris and then suddenly my meeting schedule shifted. Really appreciate you asking though and hope you guys got in a nice ride. Morris is a banger - you guys should have great fun!

My fitness is awful right now, held up @WLemke quite a bit. I’m sure he is a better match for you @throetfitness wise. I think our skills are pretty similar so it was fun taking the harder lines and having someone lead or follow the same way. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Morris said:

My fitness is awful right now, held up @WLemke quite a bit. I’m sure he is a better match for you @throetfitness wise. I think our skills are pretty similar so it was fun taking the harder lines and having someone lead or follow the same way. 

Yeah @WLemke is a beast. He makes going up Jammer and EBD look easy. I may have shown him a crafty line or two in some spots, but I can't keep up with him either! I'm looking to get out around 11 or 12 tomorrow if either of you guys are interested. 

1 minute ago, St.Bernardo said:

Any plans on clearing the down/low branches on Gum drop/ankle biter?

Go clear them, Gum Drop is not part of the official trails. I know you know how to build and maintain trail 😉

I was just telling someone today how much you were involved in building of 1/4 Notch.

Edited by rugger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morris said:

Took the challenge 

Happy to share this Fck me fck you moment with ya’ll

https://youtu.be/retLkabcLrY

@rugger, @gotdurt, @First-Blood, @throet, @Chief, @WLemke, @schoolie

Heck yeah! I feel like I've looked at your line before and decided it was impossible. I guess not!!

Thanks for sharing the stoke. Pretty sure my first attempt looked pretty similar lol. I've ended up laying in the trees to the left a couple times too 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Took the challenge 

[mention=285]rugger[/mention], [mention=6]gotdurt[/mention], [mention=227]First-Blood[/mention], [mention=88]throet[/mention], [mention=13]Chief[/mention], [mention=443]WLemke[/mention], [mention=9]schoolie[/mention]
Dope. That's a decent step up. Once I heal up I need to try both

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Thanks but I took care of the two downed trees this morning. Didn’t walk all of it, so if you’re aware of any of low branches feel free to take care of them. 

Thanks! I hiked Gumdrop with the kids yesterday and the trees were there and then rode it today and they were gone! 

On a related note, the bridge on the east end has washed away. I know where it is and can help move it back if someone wants to help. 

20210117_135612.jpg

Edited by RedRider3141

On 1/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Morris said:

Took the challenge 

https://youtu.be/retLkabcLrY

@rugger, @gotdurt, @First-Blood, @throet, @Chief, @WLemke, @schoolie

Damn, y'all are a bad influence. I'm starting to think I have about 4-5 good tries stored up in my tennis elbows before I'll have to hang the bikes for another year... and it just might be worth it...

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1