IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 1/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Morris said:

Took the challenge 

Happy to share this Fck me fck you moment with ya’ll

https://youtu.be/retLkabcLrY

@rugger, @gotdurt, @First-Blood, @throet, @Chief, @WLemke, @schoolie

Thanks for the video Morris.  Ended up hitting it first try with no run ups today.  I just needed someone to show me it was possible!

Also @gotdurt thanks for your advice/video of EBD.  Ended up getting it for the first time today too.

Overall I had a really shitty ride, but these two features made my day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Thanks for the video Morris.  Ended up hitting it first try with no run ups today.  I just needed someone to show me it was possible!

Also @gotdurt thanks for your advice/video of EBD.  Ended up getting it for the first time today too.

Overall I had a really shitty ride, but these two features made my day.

Got it today too, second try though 👍 thanks for the new line @Morris!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hg68Y1mw1Btzq1jT9

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morris said:

Sweet! It is kind of crazy looking when you stand at the bottom right?  If you hadn’t posted that fist line I would not have looked at the possibility 

No kidding! Your line definitely looks cooler, and harder. Never would have tried it since I got the first one to work.

The circle of stoke is complete, lol.

• Haha 2

**UPDATE Recent Fences/trail closures at Brushy Creek and the Williamson County Southwest Regional Park**.

1. The cedar fence placed near the "YMCA waterfall" was required after a dam inspection by the TCEQ. The hiking trail leading to the area below the waterfall was never designed to be there. The erosion it is causing raised concerns about future dam integrity, so the TCEQ required a fence be placed blocking the trail. 

2. The County will be building a fence blocking the new unsanctioned dangerous "drop in" on picnic next to the footbridge.  ARR Trail Stewards and volunteers have been trying to block it with brush, but people keep unblocking it. The County in coordination with ARR have agreed to block it permanently with a fence.

3. The unsanctioned MTB trails at the Williamson County Southwest Regional Park were recently fenced off. This happened following an inspection by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife dept. During their inspection they found endangered species and endangered habitat. They required the area to be fenced off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

**UPDATE Recent Fences/trail closures at Brushy Creek and the Williamson County Southwest Regional Park**.

1. The cedar fence placed near the "YMCA waterfall" was required after a dam inspection by the TCEQ. The hiking trail leading to the area below the waterfall was never designed to be there. The erosion it is causing raised concerns about future dam integrity, so the TCEQ required a fence be placed blocking the trail. 

2. The County will be building a fence blocking the new unsanctioned dangerous "drop in" on picnic next to the footbridge.  ARR Trail Stewards and volunteers have been trying to block it with brush, but people keep unblocking it. The County in coordination with ARR have agreed to block it permanently with a fence.

3. The unsanctioned MTB trails at the Williamson County Southwest Regional Park were recently fenced off. This happened following an inspection by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife dept. During their inspection they found endangered species and endangered habitat. They required the area to be fenced off. 

What new areas have been blocked off at SW Wilco?  I hiked a bunch on Sunday and don't recall seeing anything new blocked off.

Thanks.  I was afraid the "man" shut another one down.

They did. It's just disguised under "wildlife protection "

Good ole Texas. What isn't private land is corporate land and what isn't either those are wildlife protection zones. What we are left with is thin slivers of greenspace here and there. Mostly in spots that can't be built upon. Yay Texas. One day I'll be able to escape being trapped here and move to where you can get some space. This is about the best locally we can hope for.

https://www.chron.com/life/article/100-mile-nature-trail-links-San-Antonio-Austin-15890912.php

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Morris said:

Planning on doing some brushy tomorrow pm. Anybody know if the trail conditions are ok?

Yea, I was out there walking at 2:30 in between meetings. 

Should be okay to ride tomorrow morning. Shaded parts of Quarter were slick, like almost busted my ass walking slick. East side of Quarter was sloppy still but should just be tacky tomorrow morning. 

Picnic was rideable. Creek crossings will muddy, but no surprise. 

I plan to be out there early tomorrow morning and plan to post a full report. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, First-Blood said:

They did. It's just disguised under "wildlife protection "

Yep, honestly, I would be willing to bet US fish and wildlife haven't even been to SW Regional recently and have nothing to do with it. The park is OLD. The caves have been mapped, studied and understood for well over a decade. There should be no surprises. To all of a sudden have an protect species coincidentally found beside 2 neighborhood borders - yea right. 

Just like the "artifact study" that prevented us from previously building the area below 5-0 - everything west of the double track except Rim was off limits because of "artifacts". Glad Ronan and ARR got that lie exposed and is getting Bob Ross built. 

Edited by rugger
  • Like 2

Essentially, nothing out here is primo. In fact, rocky sections are plenty slick once you’ve accumulated some moisture on your tires. With that being said, the following trails are okay to ride without damaging them...

Picnic - GTG
1/4 - GTG
Double Down - GTG
Rim - GTG. Holy smokes that was sketchy!
Peddlers - Left the chain up for now. East side rode fine although tacky, west side has some slimy areas that are getting damaged. 

Suburban Ninja 🥷- GTG

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, biga9999 said:

So just drove by, rider on Peddler. SMH. 

I see people jump onto Peddlers from the sidewalk where it crosses. Many going the wrong way. There are no chains there to know it's closed or that it's one way. At least none I've ever noticed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, quixoft said:

I see people jump onto Peddlers from the sidewalk where it crosses. Many going the wrong way. There are no chains there to know it's closed or that it's one way. At least none I've ever noticed.

If they don't know, then I'm not going to fault them. Going around the chain on purpose, fuck those people.

• Like 2

I rode earlier and did the East half of peddler from Parmer to exit/entrance at the end of my ride. I only hopped on because I saw people on the West side. The part I rode was absolute tits, but I then came upon the chain when exiting. My bad, but at least I didn’t get into any mud I guess. 

Wondering where the sign went that was at the bailout by Picnic X on “Double Down” 🤮...it was like brass or something and was a shrine to Rugger. I mean. That’s a bitch ass move for someone to do away with that. Someone appreciated what Rugger contributed (which was very significant) and made a sign, albeit cheesy, and it should have stayed there. So again...bitch ass move. It was on the tree where my bike is I think. I at least liked to make fun of him about it, but now I can’t because someone is an actual dick. Tapped in to my old school (as far as Brushy goes)  trailbuilder bitterness with that move. 

E41BDD75-F641-4D3F-BB82-E27A6D5DEC54.png

Edited by Morealice
  • Like 1

Just rode Peddlers E and W as well with my daughter. With the wet week and changing conditions I had warned her that we'd have to check conditions before riding. East was amazing, no clumping and tacky. We did the rollers a few times and the lead in was so good! West was at the limit, not that it matters with the rain coming. 

20210123_170103.jpg

• Like 4