IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

6 hours ago, Chief said:

Probably need some type of saw. The log in the middle is pretty large. Also was not sure who built it, didn't know if was some new feature designed to increase the gnar factor.

I took a closer look today thinking I could possibly muscle it off the trail, but with the way it's wedged among other trees, that wasn't possible. I'll return out there tomorrow with a saw and take care of it.  

13 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Apparently someone was taken off the trail on a stretcher minutes ago. If you’re on here, hope you’re okay and back to riding soon. 

The trail is no joke when it's slick. Real easy to get hurt if you go out and ride it like it's dry.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, throet said:

I took a closer look today thinking I could possibly muscle it off the trail, but with the way it's wedged among other trees, that wasn't possible. I'll return out there tomorrow with a saw and take care of it.  

I saw it today; I say engineer that bad boy with some big rocks and make it a feature...

As for the trail, it's mostly decent, enough to lure you into a false sense of security before throwing you off with some snot-slick spots in the worst places...

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, Kyle said:

What's with the barricade across the trail?

20181028_110429_Burst01.thumb.jpg.87f33255359c524e5c3ccd8deec4703e.jpg

I cleared it off today and also cut back a bunch of Cedar throughout Double Down, including that helmet cracker that was hanging over the trail just east of where this blockade was, at the bottom of the rocky descent. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gotdurt said:

I saw it today; I say engineer that bad boy with some big rocks and make it a feature...

As for the trail, it's mostly decent, enough to lure you into a false sense of security before throwing you off with some snot-slick spots in the worst places...

I cleared it for now, but the materials are still there for anybody who wants to get adventurous. Deception was much better today than it had been the past couple of days - just in time for some more rain! 

2 minutes ago, tomreece said:

I've never been to a demo. Do they let us take the bikes out on the trails?

Typically you leave your ID with them and take off on a short ride. They get pissed if you go ride for two hours, although I remember a fellow at Flat Rock doing just that a while back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomreece said:

I've never been to a demo. Do they let us take the bikes out on the trails?

Most certainly.  They'll usually ask for your ID and maybe a credit card in case you bring the bike back damaged.  Generally there will be a set amount of time you can ride the bike (say, 30 minutes or an hour).  Enough time to get a good feel for the bike, depending on what you choose to ride.  🙂

..Al

1 hour ago, throet said:

Is it through one of the local bike shops? How long are they planning to be over there? I wouldn't mind checking one out but not if I have to pay to ride it. 

Just rode their long travel 29er free of charge. Not through a shop. Just there traveling back from outerbike in Bentonville. 

I had my genius in the back of the truck. Didn’t even know they were going to be there. That said, I’ve been itching to get back on a 29er after being strictly on 27.5 for over a year. It helped solidify my mindset as to why I love the 27.5. So much easier to get going and rail whatever. I’m not a big human at 5’9 190# and had a hard time in tight spots on that big ass bike. 

57 minutes ago, bestbike85 said:

Just rode their long travel 29er free of charge. Not through a shop. Just there traveling back from outerbike in Bentonville. 

Alex from Cycle Progression was there with them and is carrying the brand. I rode their Foxy Carbon 27.5 and it was a pretty sweet ride. Just did a couple of laps on Mulligan and Picnic and also rode up the steep climb near where the old Deception entrance was. Overall impression was very nice. Light and playful despite a relatively long wheelbase. Pedaled and climbed very efficiently and had excellent steering response. 

• Like 4

Test rode a Mondraker Foxy. Coming from a Rockhopper, that was my first full suspension ride and it blew my mind. Wow.

I see what y’all mean when you suggest developing skills on the hard tail before upgrading though. On my normal rides I scope out the least impact lines and avoid obstacles like rocks and roots. But on the demo bike I was able to just ride over anything and everything. It was an awesome first ride.

The guys there were cool and nice too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomreece said:

Test rode a Mondraker Foxy. Coming from a Rockhopper, that was my first full suspension ride and it blew my mind. Wow.

I see what y’all mean when you suggest developing skills on the hard tail before upgrading though. On my normal rides I scope out the least impact lines and avoid obstacles like rocks and roots. But on the demo bike I was able to just ride over anything and everything. It was an awesome first ride.

The guys there were cool and nice too.

Hey I saw you there with your HT, you had just got back from your first lap before heading back out. I rode one of the Dunes. I agree they were pretty nice bikes. A bit above my pay grade ($5K-ish as spec'd) but they really did handle/corner like a smaller bike than it is and took chop, roots and ledges great. It was one of the first demo rides I've done where I actually felt faster than my own bike almost immediately. 

• Like 1