IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I’ll try to make it out there. I’m going to be moving a couple of 10’ cedar logs over to Picnic after work. Hoping that won’t take long. I’ll have to snap a picture of how I’m moving these things [emoji23]
I hope it's by strapping them to that sweet car you got in garage. I wanna see this

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Ok slackers. Today is the last building day on Bob Ross before it opens (4:30pm-6:30pm). If you want good trail karma come help.

Meetings from 4-6 today but if there's work left to do on Sat I can make it out. Appreciate all that's being done out there. 

• Like 2

Thanks to @horncpa for the help yesterday moving the cedar logs over to the drop on Picnic. That was an adventure! 

@First Bloodi was hoping to use my kayak hauling rig that I use on my gravel bike. Decided that physics would have kicked my butt. Braking would have been sketchy given the weight. Ended up using the trolley and walking the pieces. 

76BD2FEC-B7E9-44EF-8464-F98AF89F8F28.jpeg

EA1B426B-3B62-4738-A298-E13828CB4AB8.jpeg

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 2

Thanks to [mention=337]horncpa[/mention] for the help yesterday moving the cedar logs over to the drop on Picnic. That was an adventure! 

[mention=219]First Blood[/mention]i was hoping to use my kayak hauling rig that I use on my gravel bike. Decided that physics would have kicked my butt. Braking would have been sketchy given the weight. Ended up using the trolley and walking the pieces. 
76BD2FEC-B7E9-44EF-8464-F98AF89F8F28.thumb.jpeg.5e4afe2d98d75d8112dfca89359f7565.jpeg
EA1B426B-3B62-4738-A298-E13828CB4AB8.thumb.jpeg.58d7507c6c7074415dce8bff5105e11e.jpeg
Still a cool setup. Never seen that. Just curious when you drag kayak with that setup once in water what do you do with bike?

It was cool seeing people using BR last night. Needs few tweaks after some use but it is a cool section and for having the elevation change it has between the two entrances it flows pretty well both ways. It was also funny to watch a guy totally confused on if he was on right trail to head to RJ while he was at the entrance to it. He just rode BR and I will say it changes up the look now. But still funny

[mention=165]GreenMTBrider[/mention] had an awesome set up for hauling the logs.  Sadly, three logs were too heavy for the one tire but we managed.   I'm ready to have that fence up on picnic and to be able to turn our battle to other fronts.   
What if scenario. .... what IF someone builds a ramp launch over the fence. There are lots of GROMS out and about these days

• Haha 1

I’m hoping I get chance to check out BR by the end of the week. Thanks for all the hard work guys! Wish I could have helped out, seems like every work day for the last year has been exactly the opposite of my availability! I got sweet new trail builder backpack for Christmas, that can carry my chainsaw and even long tools while I ride my bike and I’m itching to get to use it!

I’m hoping I get chance to check out BR by the end of the week. Thanks for all the hard work guys! Wish I could have helped out, seems like every work day for the last year has been exactly the opposite of my availability! I got sweet new trail builder backpack for Christmas, that can carry my chainsaw and even long tools while I ride my bike and I’m itching to get to use it!
Hit up NATBA on FB. They can put you to use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Thanks to @horncpa for the help yesterday moving the cedar logs over to the drop on Picnic. That was an adventure! 

@First Bloodi was hoping to use my kayak hauling rig that I use on my gravel bike. Decided that physics would have kicked my butt. Braking would have been sketchy given the weight. Ended up using the trolley and walking the pieces. 

EA1B426B-3B62-4738-A298-E13828CB4AB8.jpeg

Please tell us more about your rig.  I have wanted to drag heavy logs into my local trail to make a bridge, but I couldn't see how to do it.

6 hours ago, First-Blood said:

It was cool seeing people using BR last night. Needs few tweaks after some use but it is a cool section and for having the elevation change it has between the two entrances it flows pretty well both ways. It was also funny to watch a guy totally confused on if he was on right trail to head to RJ while he was at the entrance to it. He just rode BR and I will say it changes up the look now. But still funny

I stumbled onto a couple of guys heading off into BR yesterday afternoon from the Rim Job entrance.  I didn't know it was the trail builders and thought it was just two dudes ducking under the "Trail closed" fence.  I started to give them a little shit but they identified as trail builders so I backed off.  Sorry about that.  I felt a little like a 'Karen' I guess but I thought saying something was the lesser of two evils.

Stoked to have that connection built up!  Well done trail builders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2021 at 7:44 AM, GreenMTBrider said:

@GreenMTBrider    Are those dork disks and reflectors I see?

• Haha 1

Great evening to be out for a ride! Checked out BR for the first time - both directions. Ran into riding buddies @WLemke and @Cafeend . Hammered DD while playing cat-and-mouse with a cool cat named Tony who I met out there sporting a new Revel Rascal. Life is good! Gonna get as much of this shit as I can before summer hits. 

Edited by throet
  • Like 5

A little feedback...

I hadn’t ridden Deception since July. Was a great ride, loved getting back out there. 

1. Bob Ross is fun

2. Berms on 1/4 and DD are super blown out and neglected - These include all the major berms, Rainy Day, Baliout, Big Cedar, Lower Fenceline all need major work, IMO. I’m down to help Logan with this

3. in hindsight, this made a conversation I had to someone a month or 2 ago make more sense. The Upper Picnic western sign (at the Y) was f@&$ing BACKWARDS, LOL. This is the only one way section and the “one way” was facing the wrong direct. I fixed it. 

Random general observations- loads of rogue stuff, stuff we HAD to close a reclaim have been open and ridden for quite a while - eastern stuff at beginning of 1/4/Barn, along picnic. Crazy how many alt/wide area there are, with more riders it happens, just crazy amount. Also crazy how many things are way easier or non-existent (Fruit Root, Shit Logs), Dare looks to be properly sketch with the puss rock back also. 
Overall, it felt so good to ride out there after so long. 

Always One of The True OGs, 

Rugger

CFDD539F-7B29-4504-865D-B8FDF145FBEF.jpeg

574C02A0-9BE3-41E1-A289-B78C44F0DA21.jpeg

EFC2A26B-C8B6-426F-B34D-E74B03780F63.jpeg

• Like 3

@rugger it’s been a shit show, largely due to the increase in riders in the past year. 

No IMO needed, the berms need serious work soon. I started by trying to address the bypasses (constant battle) and also worked on pulling in some of the lines that have widened significantly. Next step should be repairing drainage issues and the berms. l’ll shoot you a PM. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, throet said:

Great evening to be out for a ride! Checked out BR for the first time - both directions. Ran into riding buddies @WLemke and @Cafeend . Hammered DD while playing cat-and-mouse with a cool cat named Tony who I met out there sporting a new Revel Rascal. Life is good! Gonna get as much of this shit as I can before summer hits. 

I think I saw Tony, or at least his bike.  I rode ~3-5pm sporting my 2010 EB finisher's kit (unmistakable green/brown and pink).  I rode 2 hours with one bottle!

• Like 1